Forums » Elder Scrolls

War of the races-Who would win?

• July 21, 2015 9:43 AM EDT
    Of all 10 races, who would win in a war?
  • July 21, 2015 9:46 AM EDT
    Man is the most adaptable, so one of the human races. I'm going to say "Nord" because they're hardier than the other human races. Not to mention can handle extreme Temps, particularly cold.
  • July 21, 2015 9:48 AM EDT
    I vote argonians. Hell, they held back the forces of oblivion! That's pretty impressive.
    • 627 posts
    July 21, 2015 9:52 AM EDT

I'd have to agree with Shor, considering throughout TES history it has been the the human empires that have been running the show.

Also the argonians didn't just hold back the forces of oblivion they charged into the gates themselves in such numbers that the Dremora commanders were forced to remove the sigil stones to close the gates.

• 1483 posts
    July 21, 2015 9:54 AM EDT

No one race has the power. The only way one race can manage to do it, is by misdirection and sabotage, not by brute force. Divide and conquer, set the races of Tamriel against each other and then deal with the survivors. I vote Altmer. 

• July 21, 2015 9:55 AM EDT
    Remember that an argonain shaman caused a disease to kill EVERYTHING not reptilian. Imagine if they did that beyond black Marsh.
  • July 21, 2015 9:58 AM EDT
    Good point. Altmer win by being sneaky, but who would win on the battlefield? Altmer aren't completely ruled out though, because of powerful magic.
    • 1483 posts
    July 21, 2015 10:04 AM EDT

That's an impossible question to answer. Open battle depends on a lot of factors like tactics, environment, numbers... One on one battles are dependent on opponent physical characteristics. If a Redguard manages to summon a Shehai, he'll be able to destroy entire armies. Powerful Illusion magic can turn enemies against each other. Heavily-armored Orc will struggle in swamps. Lightly-armored Argonians will have hard time in open plains. There are way too many variables to account for.

• July 21, 2015 10:07 AM EDT
    Makes sense.