Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's your favorite outfit for your follower or followers?

• July 21, 2015 12:37 AM EDT

I've been watching quite a few Let's Plays on Youtube and I find it so funny how the let's players character look really badass but their follower is always dresses with the most random equipment. So I was wondering what your "go to" look for your followers is. If you had to pick one.

I think I'd have to go with an Ancient Nord Set, my characters are always squishy and always use necromancy so having an Ancient Nordic warrior with a ridiculous amount of HP following me around during the day just fits perfectly.

• 201 posts
    July 21, 2015 12:43 AM EDT
    Steel Plate. Kinda like. Raistlin Depending on Caramon Type thing. Gotta have those staunch protectors.
    • 404 posts
    July 21, 2015 1:10 AM EDT

just posted what my story characters wear after I read this topic.

• 145 posts
    July 21, 2015 1:18 AM EDT

I think it depends on the follower's class. If they use magic, I like to have them in robes, warriors get heavy armor, and sneaky ones get something light. But I have found that most of my followers look really good in Orcish armor, and Khajiit look really good in Nordic Carved. :P

• 404 posts
    July 21, 2015 1:21 AM EDT

true, you should see what I made my companions wear.

• 288 posts
    July 21, 2015 2:42 AM EDT

Since I mostly use Teldryn Sero, it's Chitin

• 700 posts
    July 21, 2015 10:24 AM EDT

Though I do prefer dressing my companions in assorted hand-me-downs, I'd give them Nordic Carved armor since it's what I enjoy looking at most.  Also a fine hat.  Just so they remember their place.  

• 694 posts
    July 21, 2015 11:27 AM EDT

I like using Teldryn too. I had to take that helmet from him though. It was just too much. Personally I think dragonscale suits him nicely. 

• 694 posts
    July 21, 2015 11:33 AM EDT

Ditto what Xeelus said about class. It depends on what they're skilled in. There are a few mismatched ones though (e.g. J'zargo is a mage but is proficient with heavy armor, so he gets heavy armor--I like him in enchanted Nordic Carved). 

If it's appropriate (my character and my follower have the same armor skills) I'll put us in matching armor sometimes. Just for fun. I like the whole team thing. 

• 694 posts
    July 21, 2015 11:46 AM EDT

This.^^ 

You get a fine hat! And you get a fine hat! Everybody gets a fine hat!

• 18 posts
    July 28, 2015 1:11 AM EDT

I ambition to get myself a set of Dragon scale... but I tend not to use any followers other than Serana, who already looks pretty good in the Vampire Royal.

• 98 posts
    July 28, 2015 1:23 AM EDT

Basically this, but I'll also add that I rarely give my followers helmets. I like seeing their faces just so I don't feel like I have a random person following me. Besides being in cities/buildings with helmets just looks silly to me, and I find it to be too much of a pain to just taking their helmet off everything we enter such places.