Forums » Elder Scrolls

Deadliest warrior: Skyrim edition- Alik'r warriors vs Orc warrio

• 47 posts
    July 20, 2015 8:04 PM EDT

There used to be a tv show called deadliest warrior that would pit two individuals or two organizations against each other in a simulator using knowledge about weapons, armor, tactics, etc. To see who would win/is the deadliest. This matchup leaves the simulation to you. You decide how it ends. I'll keep track of the votes to announce an ultimate winner. I'll let it run for 24 hours. If votes are still coming in I'll give hour by hour extensions.

In a melee battle with no milk drinker spells, who wins this matchup?

10 orc warriors vs 10 alik'r warriors.

If the interest is there, I'll keep these coming one or two per week with different matchups.

I'd like to hear your opinion on which group would win, and how close you think it would be: example- Orcs win with 3 remaining alive. If you want to take it a step further, you can give a breakdown of why the fight goes the way you think. (Think identifying the x-factor in the battle.)

• July 20, 2015 8:09 PM EDT

I've seen stuff similar to this on Youtube. The channels name is RedoranGuardSkyrimBattles its pretty awesome. 

OT though I say the orc warriors win for plenty of reasons, especially if we are being realistic. Curved sword can't do anything against heavy armor just that completely fucks the Alik'r. Second the Alik'r don't wear armor and the ones that do wear very light armor which doesn't protect them from the orcs. And third and this is just Elder Scrolls, Berserker Rage is much more useful than Adrenaline rush since the Alik'r aren't actually doing any damage.

• 47 posts
    July 20, 2015 8:12 PM EDT

I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to get some discussion going here.

Valid points on the fight! I'm going to hold off on posting my opinion for an outcome so that I don't sway any posts. Right now, score is 1-0 orcs though for community simulation.

• 161 posts
    July 20, 2015 8:13 PM EDT

Alik'r FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• July 20, 2015 8:13 PM EDT

Also that show was fucking awesome!!!! I remember having to fast foward some of the parts where they were testing the weapons because I had to go to bed for school xD it always hurt my pride...

• July 20, 2015 8:14 PM EDT

You can't just vote for them! Why would they win? that's how the show worked!

• 161 posts
    July 20, 2015 8:19 PM EDT

Lol. Sorry. My inner Redguard came right out.  Well I think they would win because Of Pure Skill and agility. But I didnt think It was fair not having a Racial armor for them in Game but of you use on simple mod, they would be on the same Scale of Protection. 

• July 20, 2015 8:23 PM EDT

Is it heavy armor though? Or light? o_O  I dislike both orcs and alik'r but in the real world being faster than the heavy armored opponents didn't help anyone. Even on the show the Ninjas got owned by the Samurai because their katanas couldn't piece their armor.

• 490 posts
    July 20, 2015 8:23 PM EDT

Orcs.

It took the COMBINED forced of the Breton armies, Redguard soldiers, and Knights of Diagna 30 years to bring down Orsinium.

• 47 posts
    July 20, 2015 8:26 PM EDT

Score is 2-1 Orcs atm.

Everyone's brought up valid points. I'm digging the discussion so far. I've always been intrigued by the concept of heavy armor that's hard to move in vs. light armor that allows you to be more agile. It brings an interesting dynamic to this fight...or does it?

• July 20, 2015 8:31 PM EDT

It does but one of the things that made the Roman OP and win most of their wars were the fact that the soldiers were better geared than everyone else. Spartacus (the series) however show how it's possible to beat better geared opponents. But well that's a TV series and the romans are the bad guys.

• 47 posts
    July 20, 2015 8:35 PM EDT

That's the next series that I'm going to start. I've heard good things about it.  If you've seen GOT, the Oberyn Martell vs. The Mountain fight is another interesting take on an agile light/no armor warrior vs a heavy armored tank. I won't say any more as to not spoil it for anyone in the process of binge-watching that isn't that far yet. 

Once a total of 5 votes are in, I'll add mine to the discussion.

• 404 posts
    July 20, 2015 8:54 PM EDT
    I say Orc's due to their strength and use of heavy armor, and weapons.
    • 743 posts
    July 20, 2015 9:00 PM EDT

Considering the Aliki'r are the most renowned swordsmen in Tamriel, my money's on the latter.

• July 20, 2015 9:08 PM EDT

Too vague honestly. An Alik'r is any Redguard who hails from the Alik'r desert. And Orc warrior also requires a bit more specification. An Orc from a stronghold is probably gonna be tougher than a city Orc or an Orc from Orsinium.

If we're going gameplay for everything (ie, the Alik'r and Orc warriors we see in-game), then I'm going with Orc. The Alik'r have a decent amount of damage thanks to just general perks, level, and the Scimitar being a good sword (though not as great since they can't take advantage of Steel smithing), but they would have a hard time fighting something like Yamarz who has a ton of health and really good armor. Most Orcs aren't actually in heavy armor, but all of them still have some armor and two-handed weapons.

• 47 posts
    July 20, 2015 9:26 PM EDT

4-2 orcs atm.

I would also see this playing out in the Orcs' favor. Matt brought up some good points about warrior being too vague. I was just going for whatt you think of when you hear orc warrior vs alik'r warrior...most likely what you see in the game. For example, I picture redguards like the ones encountered in the redguard woman quest, and orcs as stronghold orcs clad in orcish armor.

I think that although the redguards are best swordsmen in Tamriel, the Orcs brute force, and heavy armor would prove too tough for the redguards. I could see the Redguards dropping maybe 3-4 of the Orcs in the 10 vs 10 battle, but the armor with few gaps in it would be a big challenge. Any blow the orcs land is potentially deadly, where the Redguards would have to place their strikes perfectly to get the kill. Berserker's rage adds fuel to the fire.

If the orcs were to be in standard fur armor,  I think this battle becomes much closer.

Make that 5-2 in favor of the Orcs.

I'll try to be a bit more specific in the future posts, but that comes at the risk of accidentally creating a bias.

• 622 posts
    July 20, 2015 9:41 PM EDT

Impossible to decide. Too many factors dictating the outcome. You could try this one hundred times and never find a clear answer.

• 72 posts
    July 20, 2015 9:44 PM EDT

Currrrrrrrrrrrved. Swoooooooooooooooords.

• 47 posts
    July 20, 2015 11:16 PM EDT
    You sound like my fiance when I ask her to pick a place for dinner :P. Stupid phone won't let me use smileys. Boo.
    • 1217 posts
    July 21, 2015 12:17 AM EDT

We should build this up into a tournament between Skyrim warriors (among themselves) and Fallout factions (among themselves) and then a final showdown between the winners from each franchise. P.S. Alik'r would clean house.

• July 21, 2015 12:30 AM EDT

Actually I have an idea that would help finish up these kind of discussions, like after everyone gives their reasons. I'll get my PC Skyrim working again eventually but I don't own any recording devices to record gameplay and to my understanding the free ones suck, anyways!

Someone could use console to spawn a few of each group and record them fighting. It's extremely easy to do, the problem is the recording/uploading but I know theres at least 2 users from here that upload gameplay footage to youtube.

• 1483 posts
    July 21, 2015 3:18 AM EDT

If Matt picked Orcs over Redguards you know that's the right choice 

• 47 posts
    July 21, 2015 10:22 AM EDT
    Interesting idea!I have never played fall out though so I'm useless on that end of it.
    • 1 posts
    July 21, 2015 7:47 PM EDT

I have noticed that people forgot two things about the Redguards. The first is that they can use adrenaline rush, which grants nearly infinite bashes. Combined with the speed of Scmitar, they can bash, hit, bash again and hit again, while the Orcs would be always staggered. The second is that they can use Magic much better than the orcs do, and that is a GREAT advantage. Just renember Kematu using paralysis. That said, i think the Alik'r warriors are better, and sorry for my bad English.

• 743 posts
    July 21, 2015 8:59 PM EDT

This.