Forums » Elder Scrolls

My Dance with Death in Skyrim

• 43 posts
    July 19, 2015 2:33 PM EDT

Not sure if this has been posted already, but here goes nothing. While playing as my main character recently, I set out to find the word of power at Autumnwatch Tower. If any of you guys are familiar with the layout of this location, there happens to be a series of towers leading up to the word wall, which is guarded by a leveled-dragon. Upon arriving at said location, I climbed up one of the towers and triggered the dragon, which came swooping in at me as I readied my axe. Thinking that the dragon would fly over me and/or stop in front of me, I was not prepared for what was about to happen. The dragon magically flew right through the tower, which somehow resulted in my warrior riding on top of the dragon. Then it changed direction, causing me to fall hundreds of feet to my death. Oh, and I didn't save my game so this little fiasco set me back almost an hour of playing...*facepalm*

So to make a long story short, this was by far the most ridiculous way one of my characters has perished. Silly and outright stupid deaths are enough to make even the most patient gamer want to thow his console/pc right out the window. I started this topic to see if anyone else out there has experienced anything like this, and if they are willing to share some of their outrageous experiences with death in Skyrim.

~Bodvar Bjarki

• 98 posts
    July 19, 2015 4:10 PM EDT

One of my funniest anecdotes in Skyrim regard death, but not my character's death, a certain Whiterun guard's death, actually. You know that one guard who, after you defeat your first dragon at the quest ''Dragon Rising'', asks you to shout so you can prove Dragonborn? Well, like I always do, I shouted to that guy to show him who's boss. But this time something happened. The guy fell flat on the ground automatically. No animation, no nothing, one second he was standing, a second later he was dropped on the floor lifeless. The guys who told me they were happy they had me, The Dragonborn, by their side, were now arresting me and taking me to the jail of Dragonsreach. As a heavy RP'd playthrough that was, it was pretty awkward later talking to the jarl to continue the mission, you know, coming straight outta jail.