Forums » General Gaming

Darkest Dungeon

• 66 posts
    July 17, 2015 8:49 PM EDT

Your vestal is dead, you are out of food, your friend is badly poisoned, another friend is insane and you're out of light? What do you?
    You leave the dungeon behind, hopeless, and live another day?
    Or you keep marching on and pray for good luck?

You start in the main city, you hire a team of four, buy provisions and enter in a dungeon. You light the torch, but you know, torches aren't infinite... You go on and you notice you miscalculated: Your torches aren't going to last. Finally, it's dark. The members of the party are affect by it, of course, their stress starts to build up.
         Once it reaches 100 they might get an affliction (and at 200 they have a heart attack and die), or earn a heroic bonus. Afflicted members will ruin the party, what they say to other members isn't nice, and it adds stress to them too. At last, almost everyone is insane. Your tank is afflicted with the "fearful" status, he will purposely avoid attacking enemies and even disrupt the party order, he doesn't want to stay in the front lines taking damage.

Another guy is became a Masochist, he will cut himself and allow himself to take any and all damage available, and  will ultimately die. But not everything is doomed, your "Vestal", a healer, withstood stress and earned a temporary Heroic Bonus called "Vigorous", and at the start of every turn she will heal a small amount of damage. Heroic characters also inspire the party, every banter of them has a chance of decreasing the party's stress, pretty much the opposite of what an afflicted member do.
         And you were lucky, the party meets the goal and comes back to the city. The Vestal loses the heroic bonus, but those insane stay insane, and since you don't want to treat them you send them away and bid them farewell, after all, they are nothing more than tools.

This game is hard and it will make you hate RNG forever, but for some reason you will just keep trying and trying. I seriously love this game and recommend it to everyone. 

• 627 posts
    July 17, 2015 8:55 PM EDT

I was in the middle of a dungeon when they patched in the heart attack feature, as soon as I loaded the save half the party died 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    July 18, 2015 1:33 PM EDT

I've always wanted a party of Halflings, but no one ever wants to play one.

• 66 posts
    July 18, 2015 1:36 PM EDT

Eeeh.... Excuse me? 

• 1483 posts
    July 18, 2015 1:40 PM EDT

Sounds interesting. Is it on PC? Is it online? Are there gameplay videos of it? 

• 66 posts
    July 18, 2015 1:46 PM EDT

Yes, PC. No, offline. Yes, but the game is being constantly update so naturally videos are kind of outdated but the concept stay the same.
    This is the most recent gameplay video I found:

• 1483 posts
    July 18, 2015 2:33 PM EDT

Might get it when the full version is released 

• 66 posts
    July 18, 2015 2:49 PM EDT

All I can say is that the game is already worth the money. 

• 404 posts
    July 18, 2015 3:31 PM EDT

I have it, it is pretty good and challenging. it's funny the first Knight you get is a Kleptomaniac.