Forums » The Lounge

Favorite Video Games

• 1217 posts
    July 16, 2015 8:21 PM EDT

Games that have really struck me, like "replay them multiple times and buy the soundtracks" struck me, are Rogue Squadron, Perfect Dark, Star Craft, the Mass Effect trilogy, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Skyrim,  Assassin's Creed 3 and Black Flag, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, XCOM (Enemy Unknown and Within), Transistor and Dawn of War. Right now Elite: Dangerous has really grabbed me. If it's devs deliver on half the content they say they want to, it'll definitely take a top spot.

To condense them down to a top 5?

5- Assassin's Creed: Black Flag Because pirates.

4-Starcraft This is my favorite strategy game ever. Still haven't finished Starcraft II, but I'm committed to seeing the story through to the end.

3-Deus Ex: Human Revolution They made an incredible story for that game, and the setting and gameplay were great. They made a repeat customer out of me.

2-Mass Effect Trilogy I think it's fair to include them as one, since it's a continuous story. If I have to choose one, it'll be 3. What a conclusion!

1-Fallout: New Vegas I've probably talked about it enough...

• 66 posts
    July 16, 2015 8:35 PM EDT

Top 5 (No particular order too)

1. Dragon Age: Origins
    2. Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Edition
    3. Daggerfall
    4. Baldur's Gate Trilogy
    5. Skyrim
    • 558 posts
    July 16, 2015 8:40 PM EDT

Black Flag was cool until I needed space on my PS4 :(

• 558 posts
    July 16, 2015 8:40 PM EDT

I always thought Daggerfall sucked... I guess not

• 1217 posts
    July 16, 2015 8:44 PM EDT

None of the Assassin's Creed games have really great replay value, but that one blew me out of the water (so to speak), probably thanks to seeing some of the historic figures that interest me most. It was just for free on the X1 and I downloaded it again, and I probably won't be getting rid of it. Then again, I also just got a handy external hard drive, so I probably wouldn't need to.

• July 16, 2015 9:00 PM EDT

I just bought Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Haven't played it that much yet, but the world itself is already crazy interesting (which makes sense, given its origin).

• 66 posts
    July 16, 2015 9:11 PM EDT

I bought Shadowrun Returns, the first game. It comes with the campaign "Dead man's switch", I think that there's a UGC for Dragonfall that adds it in.
    When the Dragonfall DLC for SR was released, I insta bought it. :P 
    Then I saw that I got the standalone Dragonfall (it has more endings, new features and stuff) for free because of it. Now they kickstarted another standalone campaign,Shadowrun: Hongkong.  Probably going to buy it again in the pre-order because of the -33% off on steam.

• 77 posts
    July 16, 2015 9:19 PM EDT
    I tend to mostly play RPG's that being said my favorite game to this day is Xenogears on the PSOne. Then the below in order.
    Skyrim
    Dark Souls
    Fallout 3
    Final Fantasy Tactics and VII
    Other genres in no particular order.
    Favorite FPS BioShock Infinite
    Favorite fighter Bloody Roar Series (cause werewolves)
    Favorite stealth Dishonored
    Favorite platform Tenchu
    • 224 posts
    July 17, 2015 7:07 AM EDT

All Elder Scrolls, but not the real old ones, like Daggerfall, I like from Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim to Elder Scrolls Online,

Fallouts, from Fallout 3 ahead, so New Vegas too

Chivalry Medieval Warfare, love it

I like RTS games too, Warcraft: Frozen throne is still playing it in battle net, its always like 1000 people playing what is a really low quantity, and I like Starcraft 2 a lot too

Zombie games, Dead Island, Left 4 Dead 2, 7 Days to Die, Sniper Elite Zombie 2

I like other games like Elder Scrolls, where you have an story and quests with objectives, I very like that kind of games, the games I like are Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Redux Last light, Thief, Wolfenstein New Order

• 558 posts
    July 17, 2015 3:50 PM EDT

Bloody Roar sounds awesome

• 558 posts
    July 17, 2015 3:51 PM EDT

I have never played Chivalry; is it PC only?

• 700 posts
    July 17, 2015 11:15 PM EDT

Bioshock Infinite
    Halo: Combat Evolved
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    Gears of War 3
    Skyrim
    Fallout 3 & NV

Pretty much just guns.  Lots of guns.  Even in Skyrim.  Archery is guns.  

• 558 posts
    July 18, 2015 12:17 AM EDT

Lol. It is cool that you put Halo: Combat Evolved in there.

• 700 posts
    July 18, 2015 12:20 AM EDT

It was the game that got me into gaming.  I put about 3500 hours into it, and half of that was campaign because I had dial-up at one point and couldn't play online.     

• 1217 posts
    July 18, 2015 12:26 AM EDT

Love that game. I'm terrible at Halo, as a rule, though.

• 558 posts
    July 18, 2015 12:26 AM EDT

I just did the math and apparently you spent 146 days on Halo primero. Impressive.

• 743 posts
    July 18, 2015 12:35 AM EDT

Black Flag was definitely the best out of the series. What did you think of Unity?

• 1217 posts
    July 18, 2015 12:48 AM EDT

Skipped it completely. Between the bugged launch, samey looking gameplay, and my own personal distaste for France (no offense to any French nationals present), it never really made it to my radar. I was also (and have been for some time) disappointed with how they were doing the modern day storyline. Haven't really enjoyed that much since they killed off Desmond (spoiler alert). I have an eye on Syndicate, but it still looks like the same combat.

• 743 posts
    July 18, 2015 1:22 AM EDT

Heh, you sound a lot like me in that regard. However, being the blind fanboy I am for Assassins Creed, I caved in and bought it despite all of the negative reviews. It has the weakest, most clichèd storyline in the series, more bugs than Ac3 did, (which is saying a lot), terrible combat, (and no it's not because I suck at it, it's because it's unbearably slow, guards can snipe you across the map with historically inaccurate guns, reload flintlocks faster than a 9mm, expect you to dodge bullets, and much more). It also has those idiotic micro transactions, which makes it look like a massive mobile game. Oh, and let's not forget my biggest turn off besides the storyline, forgettable, tedious, and just plain boring side quests. Easily the most idiotic move from the developers was removing the assassination contracts from black flag, which is what resulted in the latter. However, I feel like Syndicate will be a redemption for the franchise, so I'm also keeping my eye on it. All in all, you made a wonderful choice.

• 1217 posts
    July 18, 2015 1:24 AM EDT

Heh, well that's good to know.

• 38 posts
    July 18, 2015 2:01 AM EDT

You're showing your age there with those games Overhate!

You can still download Star Con 2 and play on a window on the desk top. Had so many late nights with friends back in the 90s playing melee with a person on each side of the keyboard...