Forums » Elder Scrolls

Reverse Adoption (something that could be useful for RP purposes

• July 15, 2015 12:31 AM EDT

So a couple of nights ago I was going on a murder spree in Windhelm, like I always do since I hate the place and when I went inside the Shatter-shields home I noticed I could sleep in one of the beds. Then I searched online and found that if you are "friends" with people by doing their silly  quests they let you take low value stuff from their home and even let you sleep in their beds. Of course you only get the normal rested bonus but let's be honest, most players are either werewolves or vampires so that +10% means nothing to us.

Anyways! One of my biggest problems with roleplaying and staying in character in Skyrim was that my character was just dropped in there with no family or anything. Yes some alternate start mods let you start with a home but no family. And what kind a hero story starts off with a huge house? Nono no that's not good enough. 

So last night I decided to boot up ye olde ps3, lately me and modding are taking a break because I managed to break both Oblivion and Skyrim by trying to add sex mods, I made a character, named him Gaenne San, put on some music, muted my big TV and ran straight through Helgen, took a carriage to Solitude talked to Octieve San and settled his debt with a little help from Dibella and BLAM free bed at his daughters house forever. So I decided my character was Evette's son and Octieve was my grandfather. 

Maybe it's just me but "starting off" with a family totally changed the game for me. I found myself coming back home every single night just to leave cool stuff around the house for my "mom and grandfather" and for the first time in awhile I was talking to myself. Even my dog started looking at me all confused.

Anyways it's fun and easy!(sounds like Im selling something) just pick an npc who gives you a quest, do it, see if you can sleep in their home then if you can just make a new character with their last name or title and reverse adoption ^(^^)^

• 113 posts
    July 15, 2015 1:21 AM EDT

Well that's the coolest thing I've ever heard. 

Except for the sex mods part. you crazy person. 

• 1467 posts
    July 15, 2015 2:30 AM EDT
    This is a damned great idea but it might be a better place to post it within the Roleplaying Grouo (though I'm not sure how that group works so I can't say for sure. I'd at least ask over there whether it should be posted here or there)
  • July 15, 2015 9:09 AM EDT
    You monster! Windhelm is beautiful because it's REAL! She doesn't hide what she really looks like. Who she really is! Not like Solitude with all that makeup bought with Imperial gold for selling herself! SOLITUDE IS A WHORE! Windhelm is a lady of good reputation. How dare you kill her peoplem, you monster!
    • 485 posts
    July 15, 2015 9:13 AM EDT

This discussion has me thinking a murder spree through Windhelm sounds like a great idea.

• 694 posts
    July 15, 2015 10:02 AM EDT
    I LOVE this idea. Well done sir!

I'm also partial to laying waste in Windhelm.
    • 98 posts
    July 15, 2015 10:15 AM EDT

Let's all go to Windhelm and murder the shit outta everyone.

By the way, as all others said this is really a great idea. I'll definitely have to try it someday.

• July 15, 2015 12:33 PM EDT

This is a genius idea in all honesty.

• 1217 posts
    July 15, 2015 12:36 PM EDT

Very clever, sir! Great idea!

• 47 posts
    July 15, 2015 12:46 PM EDT

Nice idea! Too bad there isn't a list somewhere that shows NPCs that will let you sleep in their house/take items.

I checked UESP and elderscrollswiki without any luck. I guess there are just too many NPCs to narrow it down like that.

• 1913 posts
    July 15, 2015 7:32 PM EDT

Am I the only one who noticed the part about sex mods?

• 700 posts
    July 15, 2015 7:43 PM EDT
    I think there was an unspoken agreement to just let it go.
  • July 15, 2015 8:05 PM EDT

Lol I put in in there because I deserve my punishment for wanting to try them out. (having to play Vanilla again)

• 122 posts
    July 15, 2015 8:47 PM EDT

GENIUS

Obvious in retrospect, but genius nonetheless. Well played.

• 37 posts
    July 15, 2015 9:34 PM EDT

In UESP they are marked as Favor quests.

• 404 posts
    July 15, 2015 9:41 PM EDT

no your not the only  one.

• 47 posts
    July 16, 2015 9:52 AM EDT

Thank you for this! I couldn't find out who the quest givers were for the life of me.

• 10 posts
    July 19, 2015 7:06 AM EDT

Every character I've had I have made a back story to them and given them their own personalities. But this is the first I have heard of this style of play. Kudos to you for the idea. I'ma try it.

• 10 posts
    July 19, 2015 7:07 AM EDT

To deny it is to deny our existence...

• 95 posts
    July 23, 2015 11:26 PM EDT
    I've tried it before and I agree with how it changes gameplay. Then my father died in a dragon attack and I kinda just stared at his body in silence for while.
    • 98 posts
    July 23, 2015 11:30 PM EDT

R.I.P. 

• July 23, 2015 11:33 PM EDT

Hahahaha! I mean shit!! It happened to me too but it was a the Dragon Cultists, it worked out pretty well since I was pissed off and had someone to blame.

• 41 posts
    July 27, 2015 11:31 AM EDT

This is the best piece of roleplaying I've seen in along time, nice job