Forums » Elder Scrolls

TES Classics: Your favourite Artifact

• 649 posts
    July 8, 2015 7:58 AM EDT

Hey, people. So now that we have Artifacts theme, I am curious what is your favourite Artifact in Classic Elder Scrolls? What item (or it´s story) was the most impressive to you?

I have to say that my favourite Artifact is Umbra. Dark sword with will of it´s own, taking over it´s wielder the more souls it steal. That is some baddas sword, if you ask me. Someone thinks about Frostmourne? I find these two sword very similar. Not in looks but in their power to steal swords a take control of their wielders.

• 113 posts
    July 8, 2015 2:55 PM EDT

The Snow Prince's Spear. 

I really had hoped Dragonborn would give us Spears. But alas, I must find a copy of Bloodmoon instead. 

• 649 posts
    July 8, 2015 5:25 PM EDT

If I had to choose, I would go for Spear of the Hunter.

Adding spears for Dragonborn would be nonsense. They would have to create new animations and other scripting stuff. I´m not saying it wouldn´t be a bad thing having spears and staves as weapons in Skyrim.

• Tim
    • 92 posts
    July 8, 2015 6:01 PM EDT
    I love the swords you get at the end of Tribunal. Also, in Oblivion Malacath's hammer or whatever it's called. Beating the shit out of people with a spiked hammer while paralyzing them is amazing.

Edit: Apparently that hammer is Volendrung. Lol....
  • July 8, 2015 10:58 PM EDT

My choice  for the classics?  The Vampric Ring, small insignificant but very deadly and not easy to acquire.

• 649 posts
    July 9, 2015 1:39 AM EDT

It has been Volendrung for some time... :D

Only problem with that hammer is that it has only few charges. The enchantment is strong, but only few charges. Almos every enemy must be soul trapped to keep it fed.