Forums » Elder Scrolls

Racial Harmony in Tamriel: Is it Possible?

• 18 posts
    July 31, 2015 12:25 PM EDT

Dude, that's like saying we shouldn't wear cotton clothing because slaves were once used to farm it.

• July 31, 2015 12:33 PM EDT
    It's saying nothing of the sort. Your analogy is whack.
    • 92 posts
    July 31, 2015 12:58 PM EDT

You're right. The concept of an Arena is contradictory to that of harmony. 

However, you assume this Arena is about mortals fighting mortals. Could it actually be about gods fighting gods, with those gods using mortals as tools? Gods were fighting gods from before creation (Lorkhan, Magnus, and all them. Using this analogy, you could argue that Magnus left because he saw that he was losing). It's a legit question, since I really don't really know, but I do lean toward the god vs. god idea.

• 485 posts
    July 31, 2015 7:18 PM EDT

I cant imagine a Nord with their moral fiber intact being proud of that fact.

• July 31, 2015 7:35 PM EDT
    Nobody is subject to your view of morality but you.
  • July 31, 2015 7:37 PM EDT
    I can totally see that. In the book, The Old Ways, the writer is a Psijic monk that talks about the spirit realm being just another rank in the kingdom. I would look it up if I were you. If one looks at it from a political standpoint, the interactions of Divine and Daedra make more sense.
    • 18 posts
    August 6, 2015 3:46 PM EDT

Oh, and talk to Niranye or whoever the Elf lady in the Windhelm market is, you know, the one who's stall is covered with weapons, and ask her if she's treated like the dark elves