Forums » Elder Scrolls

Racial Harmony in Tamriel: Is it Possible?

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    July 7, 2015 5:04 PM EDT

No. It will never happen.

There are deep ideological differences that arose when the world was created, back when Men, Mer, and Beast were the same race, that haven't changed since.

Either Men will win or Mer. Everyone else is just a spectator in this great Arena.

• 1483 posts
    July 7, 2015 5:04 PM EDT

Sounds like Synthesis ending... 

• 485 posts
    July 7, 2015 5:10 PM EDT
    Well between the argonians and the khajiit who arent even allowed in most cities, the dark elves who are oppressed within the city, and the other races who are viewed suspiciously, I'd say I've made a fair point about the Nords.

And I might add that perhaps the storm cloaks and the thalmor arent so different afterall. The thalmor seek a homogenous society where everyone falls under elven customs. The Stormcloaks seek a homogenous province where none are welcome but Nords.
    • 485 posts
    July 7, 2015 5:11 PM EDT
    Oh god no I hate that ending and all who support it.
    • 1483 posts
    July 7, 2015 5:19 PM EDT

It's just what you described seemed pretty similar. Conflict has both good and bad things about it but it moves civilizations forward.

• 694 posts
    July 7, 2015 5:22 PM EDT

And I might add that perhaps the storm cloaks and the thalmor arent so different afterall. The thalmor seek a homogenous society where everyone falls under elven customs. The Stormcloaks seek a homogenous province where none are welcome but Nords.

^^PRECISELY. THANK YOU.

• July 7, 2015 5:25 PM EDT
    You're really going all out with with this bait.
    • 131 posts
    July 7, 2015 5:35 PM EDT

• 485 posts
    July 7, 2015 5:51 PM EDT
    Maybe my speech sounds too flowery and idealistic. Conflict is good, yes. Conflict that results as a direct result of deep seeded racist beliefs not so much.
    • 485 posts
    July 7, 2015 5:57 PM EDT
    I haven't the slightest clue what you think im trying to bait you into saying or doing.
    • 131 posts
    July 7, 2015 5:59 PM EDT
    My answer to this entire discussion..

Nope, no peace in the foreseeable future. Everyone has already given the reasons why.
    • 9 posts
    July 7, 2015 6:15 PM EDT

not entirely, the only reason you see that is because the game is set in skyrim, look at southern morrowind with the dunmer and argonians, look at the woodelves and the thalmor, and one that hasn't been mentioned, the forsworn, even their brethren the bretons shun them, and for what?

• July 7, 2015 6:19 PM EDT
    Why are you being discriminatory towards conflict? It didn't choose how it was born. You can't just not like something because it was made that way. How dare you, you intolerant n'wah. You offend me.

Cobflict makes us stronger. Conflict is what the world needs. Complete and total war is the only true purification. The only true peace will come when one side is dead. And until that time comes, the only people you can trust are your people .
    • 622 posts
    July 7, 2015 6:27 PM EDT

Maybe, if the races let their hard feelings go. Hell, they even banded together in the second era to fight for Tamriel's rule! 

• 113 posts
    July 7, 2015 6:42 PM EDT

Like I said in a different thread about elves, and nords.

Elves been hating Nords longer than any Nords hated an Elf. 

And that's the truth! 

• July 7, 2015 6:52 PM EDT

They've always hated each other.

• 113 posts
    July 7, 2015 7:05 PM EDT

Nords don't hate elves, they despise elves.

I wouldn't blame Nords for hating them either. You have one nation trying to invade them, you have another nation living off of them because they are so stupid as to not cooperate with the surrounding provinces. Another nation is just throwing down their strongholds wherever they please in Skyrim! 

Who knows what the Bosmer will do to the Nords after the rest of Mer-kind do what they want to them. 

Elves haven't given any Nord a reason to like them anyhow. They are nothing but a bunch of stuck up degenerates who can't appreciate another races' culture. 

• 113 posts
    July 7, 2015 7:11 PM EDT

Nords are the most peaceful people in Tamriel. Dude. Really they are. 

When was the last time they invaded anybody? 

• 558 posts
    July 7, 2015 7:14 PM EDT

• 558 posts
    July 7, 2015 7:16 PM EDT

Just because they banded together doesn't mean anything! In the Vietnam War (on the U.S. side), Caucasoid and Negroid peoples were on the same side, but there was still racial tension between them!

• 622 posts
    July 7, 2015 7:21 PM EDT

Yes, it does... While playing, the Vestiage uses their influence to untie the races. They can work together, it's proven! Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

Also real life =/= video games

• 131 posts
    July 7, 2015 7:22 PM EDT
    If one race cannot unite, how in oblivion are nine supposed to unite peacefully with all the prejudice towards eachother?
    • 131 posts
    July 7, 2015 7:26 PM EDT
    And aware it has happened before, but well that wasn't through peaceful means was it now talos?

So there's gonna have to be a war, some leaders die and other take over and someone will take the opportunity to seize the power, be it mer, beast, man or even akaviri or daedra.
  • July 7, 2015 7:33 PM EDT

The Bosmer are probably the most accepting race in TES (though they do hate the Khajiit). They helped the slaves of the Ayleid empire and then they helped Ayleid lords when they were being slaughtered (keep in mind, these were the Ayleid that helped the slaves rebel).

The Nords and Altmer hate each other for ideological differences. Very fundamental differences. Differences that go back to the creation of Mundus.

• 131 posts
    July 7, 2015 7:35 PM EDT
    Even when it comes to the gods, Shor being Lorkhan and Auriel being well, auriel.