Forums » Elder Scrolls

Does anyone cook in Skyrim?

• April 29, 2016 5:36 AM EDT

I only cook when I'm RPing or playing a character that uses a shield. RPing as a chef and selling your food on the market is really nice.

• 224 posts
    April 29, 2016 11:56 AM EDT

Sometimes I like to cook Donuts and Skittles in Skyrim xP

• 411 posts
    April 29, 2016 11:57 AM EDT
    I create elsweyr fondue from time to time.
    • 96 posts
    April 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT
    Me too, it's very powerful.
    • 394 posts
    April 29, 2016 2:02 PM EDT

I'd like to do a play through like that too, and am dabbling on the Xbox, but I think I'll need Needs and Wants or another mod to make it meaningful. Thanks 

• 1595 posts
    April 29, 2016 6:39 PM EDT

Idesto you totally should! It has been so long since I last experienced that connection to the game, that immersion. It felt like I was playing it again when the game was still new. Fantastic. 

If you do, would love to hear your thoughts on it.

• 394 posts
    April 29, 2016 7:52 PM EDT

I play slowly! It'll be a while before I finish as Idesto on the Xbox, and that's without DLCs. Then PC & mods. 2016 is a very different year for me so far. 

• 743 posts
    April 30, 2016 11:16 AM EDT
    I never do cook often. Sometimes, though, it's VERY enhancing for roleplay, as I'm sure many know. I really don't see the point in grinding out food to have unlimited stamina or whatever, unless of course power characters are your thing.
    • 6 posts
    April 30, 2016 11:58 AM EDT

I did for one character. He was a pure warrior, utilizing every single warrior skill (including all three weapon trees), and nothing else. Problem is, the only real ways to get back health in Skyrim are through Restoration and Alchemy, so instead I focused on having that character cook to get health and stamina back. It was actually quite a bit of fun since it didn't require experimentation like Alchemy, wasn't overpowered like Restoration, but I still had to put in effort by trying to find ingredients and everything

• 1595 posts
    May 1, 2016 2:08 AM EDT

I don't know if I follow. What is different?

• 1595 posts
    May 1, 2016 2:10 AM EDT

I used these things prior to a battle to help with regen and stuff but I can't say I ever used food hat much to heal while actually in combat. The whole idea of chewing on a bit of horker while waving a sword around always struck me as too absurd.

Is it me or is that last sentence overly innuendo ridden?