Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls 6: Theories and Ramblings

• 1467 posts
    June 29, 2015 3:44 AM EDT

So with Elder Scrolls 6 coming eventually. It is coming (or it better be) and because of that I figured I'd post this (plus the ESO fever has been hitting me for awhile so bam I have a lot of stuff to say about ES:6.

So basically I'm just going to fill this with a bunch of random (but thought out) thoughts that I've had about the game, not the technical side but the Story, Setting and all that jazz.

The Story:

Right so as it is we have a couple likely directions the story could be headed in. Well really it could be anything as Skyrim proved but we can all agree that something will be happening with the old Alliances (Daggerfall Covenant, Ebonheart Pact and Aldmeri Dominion). The Dominion has already formed and with ESO giving us a bit more backstory to this old problem it's pretty damned likely that the other two will either be coming up in the next game or will already be established. 

Now for this there are a couple of things that I think are likely. 

• The Stormcloaks will win the Civil War

Right hear me out on this one. In the past the Imperials have been pretty neutral (or want to kill everyone else), they've already either been kicked out or retreated from every province except Skyrim (and maybe High Rock). If they stay in Skyrim and the Nords bring back the Ebonheart Pact then they'll be obligated, or will be forced into joining them (or remove Skyrim from it). The Legion being kicked out would make it much easier to reform the Pact but Ulfric will still need to die. 

As we know Ulfric is pretty damn intolerant of other Races and the Dark Elves of Windhelm really hate the guy. There are also massive problems with the Argonians in Windhelm so the likelihood of the Nords being up for joining the Pact under the rule of High King Ulfric is unlikely once word gets out. 

So I'm guessing on that part, either the game might be set long enough after Skyrim that Ulfric would be dead  from old age (So probably 20-30 years, people wouldn't have the greatest life expectancy) or he gets assassinated/killed in battle. 

With Ulfric and the Legion out of the way it might make some sort of alliance with the Dunmer and Argonians more likely causing the Ebonheart to be re-assembled. 

• The Legion Winning

However the Legion winning might lead to the same result. They Stormcloaks are crushed, we get a decent Jarl for Windhelm. Elisif is High King/Queen, if the Imperials head back over the border we're open to the Pact coming back. Makes just as much sense.

The Daggerfall Covenant:

Unfortunately I know next to nothing about what's been happening in High Rock at this time. We know that Hammerfall is already fighting against the Dominion and doing pretty well and that the Imperials no longer have anything to do with them. High Rock and Orsinium joining up isn't that hard to believe and we have a pretty easy set-up for them. 

Anger against the Imperials: 

We already have forces on each side with major problems against the Imperial Forces. The Dunmer and Nords (if the Stormcloaks win) will fight against them and the Argonians have no reason not to. The Redguards are probably a bit pissed at them and we don't know enough about the rest of the Covenant to say anything about them not being against them. And as we know the Aldmeri Dominion has already been fighting the Legions. We have a likely set up for a 4th Era version of the three alliances all being angry at the Imperials.

Another Scenario:

But let's say that the Stormcloak/Imperial conflict doesn't turn out as well as I suggest. If Ulfric doesn't die but they still win then we might have a problem. The Nords won't ally themselves with the rest of the Pact and rather then an alliance we could have just separate wars (Dunmer/Argonian Rivalries are pretty big at this point as well). The Bosmer/Khajiit have been having problems with the Altmer for quite some time so might rebel against them ad we have no idea about the relations between Hammerfall and the other provinces. Rather then the Alliances it could be every province for themselves. That would stop it from just being 

Setting:

So with this in mind. I'm thinking that either Cyrodiil or Hammerfall/Mainland Morrowind might be a likely option. The first would give us that world conflict (everyone meeting in the middle) kind of feel but the other two could give us more interesting options. Alternatively it would be interesting to have 3 provinces that you could start in (one for each Alliance) and early on you pick a side, each Province would have different quests for each Alliance and would really make it interesting. 

So these are my thoughts, leave yours below or whatever. I know there is a lot but I did say rambling at the start . It's like a disclaimer. I might edit this with more as I think of them but for now these are my random ramblings. 

• 161 posts
    June 29, 2015 4:21 AM EDT

I think they might go and do a Perception turn. See it on the other side. Most likely Summerset or Valenwood. But Hammerfell is close too because of how They are fighting alone and could be a good option and timing to have a rise of the Hoon-Ding to reunite The Daggerfall Conenant. 

• 627 posts
    June 29, 2015 6:53 AM EDT

It's my belief that TES 6 will be set in a time that it doesn't matter who won the civil war, be that a concurrent time as Skyrim or fairly close to it so that all we hear are rumors about the civil war happening, or so far in the future that the true events have become lost to history so that all we get is a tale about the Dragonborn helping to end it.

• 16 posts
    July 2, 2015 6:17 PM EDT
    Very nice ;)
    • 224 posts
    July 19, 2015 2:42 AM EDT

Good thoughts, I like the idea the Stormcloacks will win the War and the Anger against the Imperials, I like more the Imperials than Nords but sounds really interesting and fun to play