Forums » The Lounge

What was the last piece of music that made you cry?!

• 394 posts
    June 26, 2015 8:49 AM EDT

Paul's music discussion - which I thought we'd broken - lead me to want to ask this.

I'm very passionate about music and am moved by it regularly - and I don't mind admitting it!

So come on, be honest - when was the last time a song or tune made you cry? What was it, and why? The more details the better please! Vids even better!

And I want replies from boys as well as girls please! I know many of us chaps consider it 'unmanly' to get emotional but there's no shame in being really into music is there?

For me it was the vids I posted in Paul's discussion - 3 of my all-time fave songs.

Before that, a few days ago, it was Radiohead's 'No Surprises' from 'OK Computer', from my own collection:  https://youtu.be/u5CVsCnxyXg

So c'mon boys and girls: 'fess up!

• 558 posts
    June 26, 2015 10:27 PM EDT

You'll get over it

• 113 posts
    June 26, 2015 11:23 PM EDT

Anything from the Halo: Reach Soundtrack. 

I can still remember the faces of my fallen foes. 

• 700 posts
    June 27, 2015 12:47 AM EDT

Since songs with visual accompaniment count, this one.  It was a very long time ago.

• 51 posts
    June 27, 2015 6:46 AM EDT
    Green Day- Wake me up when september ends
    Miracleofsound(Metro last-light)- The day the world died :-(
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 27, 2015 7:03 AM EDT

It is very quiet at first, so you might have to turn your volume up. I'm not religious and despise that Jesus and Bible crap they recite at funerals, so I sing this song in my head. Last time was a few months ago when my great grandma died.

• 100 posts
    June 27, 2015 7:46 AM EDT
    Dark Souls fan made cinematic: We are The Souls, by the Pruld https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MgVdiDIoagQ
  • June 27, 2015 7:58 AM EDT

Crusade by Voltaire~

• 32 posts
    June 27, 2015 9:37 AM EDT

Eric Clapton -  Tears in Heaven (Cant listen to it without chokin' up)

Two Steps from Hell - Strength of a thousand men

Flipsyde - Happy Birthday

Agalloch - Odal

Shape of despair - Curse life

• 295 posts
    June 27, 2015 9:55 AM EDT

This makes me all weepy. Josquin's Nymphes des Bois -  a motet written for the funeral of Johannes Ockeghem, a fellow composer. 

• 558 posts
    June 27, 2015 2:12 PM EDT
    I don't really think getting emotionally moved by art is feminine, but that is just my opinion.
    • 558 posts
    June 27, 2015 2:27 PM EDT
    I am not sure what your wife has to do with this but whatever.

I pretty much agree with what you said, though.
    • 28 posts
    June 27, 2015 2:32 PM EDT

Definitely Norman from the Fury soundtrack. Amazing piece, moves me every bloody time!

Fury - Norman

• 558 posts
    June 27, 2015 2:47 PM EDT

I am not sure what you think I mean when I say I "cry" during a song (I can't speak for others). When I "cry" during a song, the most that happens my eyes water and I think in my head, damn, now this is a good song. I don't like start convulsing or sobbing or anything.

Again, I agree with what you are saying overall.

• 8 posts
    June 27, 2015 5:22 PM EDT

Unicorn Wizard. Best. Song. Ever.

• 394 posts
    June 27, 2015 5:31 PM EDT

So much music I've never heard of: I have some homework to do!

• 394 posts
    June 27, 2015 5:34 PM EDT

Finally, 1 I know! That's a great song, and very moving

• 394 posts
    June 27, 2015 6:31 PM EDT

Yeah 'Tears in Heaven' gets to me too, especially knowing the story behind it

• 394 posts
    July 14, 2015 2:18 PM EDT

I'm adding to this list! And probably will continue to do so, as the mood takes me: sorry...

One of the most underrated of the great Manchester bands, 1 of my all-time faves, & 1 of the best live acts I've ever seen: the sublime James, 'Out to Get You'

• 189 posts
    July 14, 2015 2:57 PM EDT

I love music, but I don't know that I've ever been moved to tears purely from a song. A few that have gotten pretty close:

• 3 posts
    July 14, 2015 3:05 PM EDT
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ueDnx5ONII This video made me tear up if we're counting these.
    • 51 posts
    July 14, 2015 7:33 PM EDT

Man, you should have seen her
    The weight rolled off her back
    Gave so much love without even trying
    Man, you should have seen her
    Was beautiful like rain
    To weather all the world and stay the same

Reminds me of my grandmother, and gets me every time.

• July 14, 2015 10:48 PM EDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fiwc79_N9c

Idk if I posted that correctly but "owaranai melody wo utaidashimashita"  I originally heard it on a really sad scene in the anime  "A Sunday Without God" and it STILL makes me sosososo sad!! It's a beautiful song but the episode keeps replaying in my head!!

• 1217 posts
    July 15, 2015 3:12 AM EDT

That's easily my favorite theme from the movie. You can always see the ending coming in movies like that, but they still manage to get me.