Forums » Elder Scrolls

• 394 posts
    June 26, 2015 6:09 AM EDT

My main and 1st character, my namesake Idesto, has seemed overpowered recently; I'd put it down to being mid 20s and a good build. So I thought it might be a good time to move up to Expert from Adept. 

As I went to do so I noticed I was on Novice: I must have switched for experimenting with another character and forgotten to switch back!

D'oh!

Has anyone else done anything equally daft in Skyrim, or is just me?

• 394 posts
    June 28, 2015 10:15 AM EDT

OK, just me then 

I have another one actually, tho it's probably more of a character flaw than a silly mistake. I'm a hoarder and a gatherer. My follower is currently lost in the mountains somewhere (I'm a much better climber; it's not my fault she can't keep up!) and I'm overburdened. I can't bear to drop any of my hard-won possessions so after I ran out of usable potions I use Whirlwind Sprint then walk very slowly until it recharges. I'm nearly at Solitude so hopefully I can sell enough stuff there!

• 184 posts
    June 28, 2015 12:47 PM EDT

I have too many d'oh habits to name, but the most notable would be that today I tried to take on a whole vampire den by myself. Cosme, my Breton mage, is a purely supporting character. Combat relies on a large team in my gameplay. But nope, today I thought I could use some one-handed practice - aaaaand it killed me. (not before I stubbornly downed 90 minor healing potions despite having no chance of success whatsoever) 

• 145 posts
    June 28, 2015 12:57 PM EDT

I turned up my difficulty to Expert from Adept after exiting a pretty easy dungeon. I walked to the nearest landmark only to be one-shot killed by 2 Ice Wraiths! o_o;

• 394 posts
    June 29, 2015 5:10 AM EDT

Good to know I'm not alone then - thanks!