Forums » Elder Scrolls

Has this happened to anyone here before?

• 47 posts
    June 26, 2015 1:55 AM EDT

So I had just started a new game and decided I was going to play on master in the beginning then switch to legendary (usually I start at adept and work my way up to master) I had just exited Embershard mine and I was running to the guardian stones for the iron ore next to it. When I tried to mine it, it said I was in combat which I thought was strange. I checked my compass and saw 4 little tiny red dot which meant they were no where near me. So I decided to run down the road toward them (towards riverwood) and crossed the river to get to them. When I arrived where my enemies were these enemies were 2 bandit chiefs and 2 regular bandits. I freaked and said "NOPE" and switched the difficulty to adept. I am playing on Xbox and have never had this happen to me. If this has happened to anyone here and it was also early in the game (I was level 3) please tell me what you did.

• 338 posts
    June 26, 2015 2:01 AM EDT

Normally I write off weird stuff that happens like that to one of the too many mods I have installed in my game. But you're on Xbox.

Maybe it was just a glitch with a spawn? I don't think changing the difficulty would cause Bandit Chiefs to spawn outside Riverwood.

• 1467 posts
    June 26, 2015 2:04 AM EDT
    It's a random encounter. Well it seems like a fairly common random encounter anyway.
    • 627 posts
    June 26, 2015 2:05 AM EDT

I've had that happen before (I'm on ps3), a couple of times actually although it's pretty rare. I was pretty much this

• 338 posts
    June 26, 2015 2:08 AM EDT

It was never really Bandit Chiefs, but most of my low-level Skyrim adventures have pretty much been this:

• 627 posts
    June 26, 2015 2:16 AM EDT

Oh good I thought I was the only one 

• 394 posts
    June 26, 2015 9:23 AM EDT

You can do that? Thanks

• 394 posts
    June 26, 2015 9:23 AM EDT

I think most of us die a lot early on, especially the first time around!

• 394 posts
    June 26, 2015 10:27 AM EDT

Good to know! Thanks again

• 249 posts
    June 26, 2015 2:56 PM EDT
    Yeah it's a random encounter but the Bandit Chiefs aren't nearly as strong as they usually are. It does seem to happen alot in the earlier levels. I always take em on >:)
    • 485 posts
    June 26, 2015 2:59 PM EDT
    I thought that particular bandit party always hung out by the river. I usually pass by and pay them a beating after clearing bleakfalls barrow.
    • 113 posts
    June 26, 2015 3:01 PM EDT

That's not rare at all. Happens alot when you think about it. I've come across this gang so many times. 

• 47 posts
    June 26, 2015 5:01 PM EDT
    Haha nice
  • June 26, 2015 6:36 PM EDT

Same thing different location, was playing on Xbox, travelled to Riften for flora and butterflies, On the right hand side of Riften gate near the meadow, 2 Bandit Chiefs and a Marauder, what did I do? Ran like f,;.k back to Riften and let the Gate Guards Handle it