Forums » Elder Scrolls

What do you think?

• 201 posts
    June 22, 2015 12:51 PM EDT
    What do you think has happened to The Akaviri Races: Ka po Tun, Tsaesci, and Tang mo?
    Are they in hiding? Are they trying to repopulate? What do you think is going on in Akavir. Ever since The 2nd era, we have heard little to nothing about what's going on.
    • 558 posts
    June 22, 2015 1:50 PM EDT

That's where the Dwemer went.

• 201 posts
    June 22, 2015 1:54 PM EDT
    Hmm, interesting idea.
    • 13 posts
    June 22, 2015 2:42 PM EDT

I'm not really familiar with these races, but I've heard about The Tsaesci Race. I'm guessing they still exist somewhere in Tamriel, and not all of them has gone extinct or anything like that. Probably wiped out by the thalmor, if able or anything like that, i don't know :p

I'd love to see the new TES game being around this parts of the lore and trying to integrate them in the current state of tamriel when the dragonborn is around and probably trumpets blaring to hail him/her. 

• 201 posts
    June 22, 2015 3:03 PM EDT
    Not Tamriel, my friend, Nirn. Tamriel is the Land of Men and Mer. Orca and Nords, and those types guys. If you look on the naoto the Far East of Tamriel, you will see Akavir. This is where the Tsaesci lived.
    • 201 posts
    June 22, 2015 3:27 PM EDT
    Orcs* Map*
    • 168 posts
    June 22, 2015 7:37 PM EDT

Tsaesci and Ka Fo' Tun. I haven't heard that name in a long time, i wonder if they still have that plan going of taking over Tamriel.

• 622 posts
    June 22, 2015 7:58 PM EDT

Probably duking it out in the homeworld. 

• 161 posts
    June 22, 2015 8:37 PM EDT

The Tsaeci have to come out because of the Wyverns (What you can Dragons)

• 201 posts
    June 22, 2015 9:29 PM EDT
    Human, I don't think so, the Tsaesci tried that and failed. Twice I think, I'm not sure though.
    • 201 posts
    June 22, 2015 9:32 PM EDT
    That's actually kind of an interesting point. The Tsaesci were fierce dragon hunters.
    • 7 posts
    June 22, 2015 10:50 PM EDT

When ever I hear about these four races, I just think of armies of Snake People going to war against armies of sabrecats. They all just sound like quadrupedal beasts fighting each other when they actually have lots of culture and Major cities. I just can't really see myself fighting a talking sabrecat. 

• 201 posts
    June 22, 2015 10:52 PM EDT
    XD You would fight a sabrecat if you were 8feet tall and had a tail for legs and a cobra head. At least I would
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 22, 2015 11:54 PM EDT

In the more abstract sections of Apocrypha's library, lore nerds discuss time and directions as being linked. Tamriel is the center point, and the present. If you travel North, time stands still (this is why Atmora is "frozen" in time, not temperature), if you travel South, time becomes erratic and unstable (Altmora/Old Elhnofey as the lost homeland of the Elves is often thought to be in the South, and so it doesn't exist anymore because of the effects of time, leaving it but a genetic memory in all Elves). The Nords since old times (and all men to a lesser extent) are described as constantly changing their minds so their thoughts don't freeze (because Atmora became locked in time, they fled this stagnancy in  thought and action). Almost all elves want stability and are epitomes of stasis. They physically age slowly, and their cultures are about preservation of the old. They fear the chaos of untime.

So, North times stops and South time breaks. Center is the present and normal flowing time. West is supposed to be the past (specifically, the previous kalpa or reiteration of the world) while the East is the future.

According to Kirkbride.

• 558 posts
    June 23, 2015 12:42 AM EDT

Huh, I never knew that. That's pretty interesting.