Forums » Elder Scrolls

TES Classics: Your Favourite City

• 649 posts
    June 22, 2015 8:21 AM EDT

Hello, people. So I was wondering: Which city is your favourite in Oblivion, Morrowind or any older game? And why?

In Morrowind, I have to say Sadrith Mora. Main city of Telvanni who are "batshit crazy" as Elysium once said. But what makes it so interesting? Mushrooms. They live in freaking mushrooms! And they grow them theselves. Also, the fact you must know a levitation spell to actually explore these buldings. Batshit crazy!

In Oblivion, Imperial City, all hands down. Everytime I go there I am amazed by that sight. It has the feel of heart of the Empire. Second favourite would be Bravil. It is so ugly that it is really interesting for me. Poverty, Count is douchebag, people don´t give a crap living in shabby houses right above stinking canal. Beautiful!

• 627 posts
    June 22, 2015 8:37 AM EDT

I know it may seem strange, but in Oblivion my favourite would have to be Kvatch; it's the site of your first big accomplishment and in my eyes the true start to your story as the Hero.

• 649 posts
    June 22, 2015 9:00 AM EDT

I guess you mean the ruins, not the "Tent City of Kvatch" I don´t have any feelings to that city, because it is just smoking pile of rubble. But with Kvatch Rebuilt mod, I would say that the city looks much better than Imperial City or Skingrad.

I wonder how many people liberated Kvatch without doing the main quest. I know I did on most of my characters, never touching the main quest.

• June 22, 2015 9:59 AM EDT

Mine is Vivec, the floating city, with the floating prison for the bad guys, otherwise known as the High Fane, Balmora came a close second, why? because when I stepped of the ship and saw Sedya Need I thought f/\k! what have I bought here, following a short trip on the Strider to Balmora, I thought this is better, a river, houses built on more than one level, and no really annoying Wood Elf asking about a ring I didnt have (lie). Oblivion though The Imperial City, it just has the look and feel of a Capitol stunning.

• 35 posts
    June 22, 2015 10:01 AM EDT
    Personally I liked Mournhold a great deal, and I love going there in ESO too. It's always a great place to go as it was so alive and well made, and the guards actually terrified me into not doing crimes
    • 649 posts
    June 22, 2015 10:51 AM EDT

I forgot about DLCs...Mournhold is definitely great city! But in terms of best city from DLC, New Sheoth is the winner

• 15 posts
    June 22, 2015 8:17 PM EDT

I really love all cities in Oblivion, as for morrowind, never played it.