Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favourite Race?

• 2 posts
    June 17, 2015 5:00 PM EDT

Hello people and fellow bloggers. I am new to this site and want to see what kind of people are on here.So I want to create a bit of a discussion. 

Here is my question: What is your favorite race in Skyrim? 

Now you can bend the rules a bit. If say you have read about the Dwemer a lot and really wish they were in Skyrim then of course you can say that they are your  favourite race. 

My favourite race are the Khajiit. They are really fun to play as and all around just really cool. Reasons though why they are my favourite are their history and who they are as a culture. The Khajiit believe in the moon will dictate who you become as a adult Khajiit. The moon also represent what kind of Khajiit you are. There are I believe 3 types of Khajiit. The first which are mainly used as guards are the four legged Sabre  tooth cat like Khajiit. The other is your typical house cat. Lastly, the common one you can play as. They also are very to them selves kind of people because one they have been labeled beast race and many Dunmer have enslaved them along side with the Argonians. (As seen in Elder Scrolls Morrowind). The Khajiit also are a very all round character. Yes I know they are mainly a stealth like character. Though you can see this all around Skyrim. There is a Khajiit in the college of Winterhold and is one of the more advanced mages. There are many many Warrior Khajiit wielding swords, Battle axes, bows, etc, and great thieves. 

I can't wait to hear some of your stories of your favourite race. 

• 47 posts
    June 17, 2015 9:02 PM EDT

My favorite race depends what kind of character I'm going to play.

Werewolves- I like Bosmer due to the contrast between the tiny human form to the hulking beast form, and the change between being a skilled archer, to a melee terror.

Vampires- I like Imperials or Altmer due to their views of superiority/ noble feel that they present.

Thieves- I prefer Bretons for this. You can make sly looking Breton characters that can blend into society well, and double as an infiltrator. Breton lore also suggests that they have made great spies, which ties in with all o the sneaking.

Warriors-  I enjoy Nords and Orcs. They both have a rough around the edges feel to them with an intimidating stature.

One-handed skilled sellswords- Redguards and Dunmer sort of have an outcast feel to them for me. They fit the feel of a sellsword that is just in Skyrim to make money.

• 113 posts
    June 17, 2015 10:30 PM EDT

I like three races. The High Elves are one them because of how epic they are, and how cool their history is. They are just so mysterious.

• 1467 posts
    June 18, 2015 12:41 AM EDT

Horse Races

Oh, you, right got it. Altmer are the most interesting from a Lore and Backstory based perspective but in terms of combat readiness and pure awesomeness, well nothing beats Argonians. 

• 113 posts
    June 18, 2015 12:59 AM EDT

Liar! The Redguards are purely awesome to start with, and are the best warriors in all of Tamriel! 

Just ask any Redguard you see. 

• 1467 posts
    June 18, 2015 1:02 AM EDT

Moh, I can't hear you over the power and greatness of the only nation to hold back Merhunes Dagon's forces during the Oblivion Crisis. What's that, I can also hear the voices of those that have scales, and claws and are like super rad. Oh and they can heal faster then a Redguard can hurt them. 

But Redguards are pretty great too, certainly in my top 10 Races of Skyrim list. 

• 367 posts
    June 18, 2015 1:14 AM EDT

There are only three races in Skyrim...          

*Werewolves (Aela), Argonians(Me), and everyone else.

*Waits for comment by Fights

• 627 posts
    June 18, 2015 1:18 AM EDT

What about freakish mixes of argonian and other races?

• June 18, 2015 1:19 AM EDT

Anyone who has been here for more than two or three months should know my answer.

• 367 posts
    June 18, 2015 1:23 AM EDT

as long as they have Argonian blood then who am I to discriminate.

Or werewolf blood.

• 627 posts
    June 18, 2015 1:25 AM EDT

Well I've got the scales but that's about it 

• 367 posts
    June 18, 2015 1:28 AM EDT

.......... Your in.

• 113 posts
    June 18, 2015 1:34 AM EDT

Meh, scales make good looking armour. So the fight would be worth the glory. 

• 627 posts
    June 18, 2015 1:38 AM EDT

I've also got the werewolf part down 

• 113 posts
    June 18, 2015 1:48 AM EDT

But hey that is like saying: Stalin beat back Hitler's Nazi Forces when they invaded Russia. 

• 558 posts
    June 18, 2015 4:28 AM EDT
    Orcs for warrior type, Altmer for mage. Not only for gameplay wise, but for looks (there is a reason I dont play older TES games XD). And I find their cultures and history interesting.
    • 558 posts
    June 18, 2015 4:29 AM EDT
    Sload?
  • June 18, 2015 7:33 AM EDT

Personally I am a fan of the redguard. Maybe because its my own race or maybe because they are just better looking ;). There is nothing like the ultimate arcane warrior!

• 71 posts
    June 18, 2015 11:53 AM EDT

I've always had a thing for argonians. Probably because I thought Gex was so cool as a little kid. Between liking him and the lizalfos in Ocarina of Time, it was pretty much a shoe-in that my first ES character was an argonian.  

• 72 posts
    June 18, 2015 12:28 PM EDT

Almost missed it.

*Ahem* *Takes out list*

You know, wolves have eight nipples.

• 2 posts
    June 18, 2015 1:09 PM EDT
    My favourite race is the dwemer, because ,regardless of their cruelity towards the snow elves , they were a clever race that found a way to achieve divinity , and were quite advanced and powerfull.
  • June 19, 2015 3:45 AM EDT

I'd be hard pressed to name favorite, but thinking over my past characters I've mostly played Orcs and Nords.  Probably my love of barbarianism.