Forums » The Lounge

Star Wars: If "The Force" Was Real

• 557 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:01 PM EDT

Today I was watching "Star Wars" and I found myself asking "if the Force was real, what would I use it for?" I came up with a few ideas for this (99% of them involved me screwing with people), but I think it might be entertaining to see some of your ideas too! So let's hear them. If "The Force" was real and you were the only person in the world who could use it, what would you do with it? 

As much as I would like to say "I'd use it to help people and make the world a better place," I know that I would end up using it to trick people for my own amusement (picture me trying to convince people that their houses are haunted by making tables fly through the air and all that jazz ). What about you?

• 557 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:11 PM EDT

If "The Force" was real and you were the only person in the world who could use it, what would you do with it? 

As much as I'd hate to say it, I probably wouldn't be that good of a guy if I was the only person who had this much power. 

• 201 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:13 PM EDT
    Actually I would be more like Anakin was, loving to use the power but people tell me to be good, and I would get tired of using it for good and I would just fall down a dark path.
    • 1217 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:17 PM EDT

As with just about any super power, I would more than likely use it for personal gain. Sad, but true. Though it would be for other reasons than "power corrupts."

edit: My number one use would undoubtedly be for road rage. Scoot slow cars out of the way, and turn poorly parked cars into cubes of junk. Eventually I'd get more imaginative, though. Why commute to work when I have the Force?

• 201 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:24 PM EDT
    No it's not the saying "power corrupts" It's more like if you like using power to destroy, You would end up destroying something you didn't mean to, and accidentally like it. So kinda like power corrupts, but kinda not. Kinda like a kid playing with fire (Ooh fire) he will eventually get burned somehow
    • 694 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:24 PM EDT

Honestly, if I could use "The Force" I would probably just become suuuuper lazy. Like, float myself the TV remote/controller/diet coke from the fridge type of thing.

I might mess with people some too, but only people I really can't stand. If I messed with the people I care about too much, they would probably get really tired of it really fast. 

• 201 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:28 PM EDT
    When I was a kid I tried to make some sort of "Super arm" Made out of metal, a robotic hand thing that you get at dollar general and a rope. It almost worked too. But once I picked the thing up, it would fall. It was my "The force"
    • 113 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:29 PM EDT

If the force was real, and I had complete mastery over it, I would hide it.

I wouldn't want anyone else to discover this power because I know how corrupt people may become if they could obtain such powers. Governments would try to commit experiments on me, and I would no doubt become a fugitive on the run. 

I wouldn't even think of using it the way you want to use. Eventually from thoughts like that I would, and possibly anyone with this power, turn evil. Silly pranks would turn into fits of anger. A sort of superiority complex would develop from messing with people long enough. 

You ever watch "Chronicles?" Sooner or later some evil of that caliber would manifest itself in me if I continued down the path of simple parlor tricks to earn a cheap laugh. 

• 1483 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:32 PM EDT

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women. 

• 201 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:33 PM EDT
    Hey, are we twins? That would be the exact thing that would happen to me, minus the "Super arm" lol. I love that Movie! The main guy- The villain, he was the bomb (literally).
    • 159 posts
    June 16, 2015 2:01 PM EDT

Hahahahah......I remember that skit.....good old  Conan....

• 113 posts
    June 16, 2015 2:14 PM EDT

The most educated response in that entire movie. 

• 113 posts
    June 16, 2015 2:16 PM EDT

Lol, yeah that dude was crazy cool. You know what's funny, their version of the Force is kind of like the Star Wars version. They can even sense each other in the after life, which I thought was really cool. Sucks the black guy had to die though. But I couldn't help but see that coming. He was probably the best candidate for controlling the force. 

• 490 posts
    June 16, 2015 4:29 PM EDT
    "Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense."

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

This about sums it up for me.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 16, 2015 4:40 PM EDT

Are midichlorians the source of it too or can we assume they don't exist like every other fan?

Aww, screw it. I'm becoming a Sith Lord anyway. But when I say I'm going to become a Sith Lord, I mean I'm going to hash out the Sith's philosophy so it's a real thing with legitimacy instead of the cartoony chaotic evil crap George Lucas farted out.

I'll be honest further. I'm going to abuse the hell out of this. Mind tricks, telekinesis, precognition, force jumps. My student loans and further bills would get paid off much sooner and easier than I had anticipated.

• June 16, 2015 5:22 PM EDT

Mind tricks alone would be amazing, especially since you could do it subtly (not that you need subtlety when you have the rest of the force powers).

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 16, 2015 5:27 PM EDT

I'm just going to end up becoming the world's greatest thief until I'm out of school and my student loans are paid. Mind tricks to get people to give me their stuff. Force powers to slip jewelry and money from people's fingers and pockets.

• 237 posts
    June 16, 2015 5:58 PM EDT

I'm already a wizard, wouldn't that be a bit redundant?

• 1467 posts
    June 16, 2015 7:51 PM EDT

Oh, well I would use my powers to become part of an elite fighting force designed to take down the Governments of the World and take over as Emperor of Earth (see  great title). Nah I would probably just use it to get free food, and work as a magician. Everybody would be so confused about how I did my tricks and I would be really famous.

• 627 posts
    June 16, 2015 8:02 PM EDT

I'd use it so that I would never have to get up again 

• 159 posts
    June 18, 2015 3:43 PM EDT

• 338 posts
    June 19, 2015 12:54 AM EDT

I get the feeling that you wouldn't be able to do anything freely given a power like this. Best case scenario, you're forcefully recruited by the government and agree to work as some sort of Jedi CIA agent. Worst case scenario, they don't even offer, or you refuse, and are constantly hunted because you're marked a danger to national security or something like that. 

• 237 posts
    June 19, 2015 3:29 PM EDT

This is such a recurring theme in fiction, even.  With great power comes great monitoring and suppression. :(