Forums » Elder Scrolls

ES6 Storyline predictions?

• 12 posts
    June 14, 2015 3:59 PM EDT
    So with the upcoming Bethesda E3 today and my overwhelming expectation they will have any news on The Elder Scrolls 6 (god, I hope they do) I've been needing to fill my insatiable thirst with predictions for the upcoming game. So I'm wondering, what do you guys think the Storyline of ES6 will be?

My personal guess is that it will take place in the Summerset Isles, and with the High Elves quest for godhood going on, (read about The Towers on the Elder Scrolls wiki if you're confused on what I'm saying) someone will have to stop the Elves from putting an end to mankind as we know it.

So what are your guys' predictions for the story in ES6? I'm anxious to hear.
    • 21 posts
    June 14, 2015 5:27 PM EDT

Since they're working on Faloout 4 I doubt we will see an Elder Scrolls VI as well, but I would be extremely happy if I was proven wrong.

My guess is pretty much the same as yours - most likely it will take place in Summerset Isles, or maybe even Valenwood or Elsweyr. Only thing I'm sure about is that the next game to revovle around the Thalmor.

• 12 posts
    June 15, 2015 12:04 AM EDT
    Valenwood would be a really good place to set the game in too.
    • 184 posts
    June 15, 2015 8:13 AM EDT

I'd rather not predict, I'd rather be surprised for better or for worse. 

• 8 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:00 AM EDT

Hey guys, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that Bethesda leaked that it would be set in Argonia (Black marsh). So with that in mind there I think it will have great deal to do with the hist and a feud between two houses with different opinions on their culture *cough* Stormcloaks *cough*. But that's just my guess.

• 12 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:50 AM EDT
    Anything we've heard about ES6 so far has been either rumors or false info. If Bethesda didn't officially announce it, don't believe it.
    • 71 posts
    June 16, 2015 12:58 PM EDT

I have a feeling that were going to be going from tundra to desert, and this makes me think that Hammerfell will be the setting. We didn't really get a good look at Hammerfell in Elder Scrolls 2, not in the way that we've seen Vvardenfell, Cyrodil or Skyrim anyways. The geographic difference would be enough to make the game feel new, and fresh, but it's still a province populated primarily by a human race, so it would be marketable to the masses (lots of people might be turned off by having the game filled with lizard-people, for example).

Story-wise, the Redguards are separate from both the Empire and the Dominion, and in close proximity to both. It would make a good setting for finishing the story that Skyrim started, with the impending 2nd Great War. Summerset, too, would make sense, but lore-wise isn't it populated almost entirely by high elves? It wouldn't make much sense to have a bunch of different races there, at least not at this point in time, what with the Thalmor's views on eugenics.

Elsweyr and Valenwood are both good choices too, but I feel that Hammerfell is more doable right now, with the limitations of technology anyways (no migratory trees). Given all this, I feel that Hammerfell is the most likely setting, and that the story will have something to do with the Thalmor. I just hope that they go back to a Morrowind style of story telling; you aren't a near demi-god like the dragonborn, and you can actually justify taking your time while doing the main story. Skyrim just felt so rushed, half the time.  

• 558 posts
    June 20, 2015 12:20 PM EDT

I thought in Morrowind you WERE a god.

But other than that I agree with the rest of your post. Maybe you could help fight off the Empire and the Dominion from Hammerfell, or perhaps even join them.

Summerset Isles could work. We don't know how far into the future the next ES will go, be it 200 years, or 1000 years. A lot can change in that time. Everyone might have even forgot about the Great War, since no one even remembers the Oblivion Crisis!