Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which Tamriel province would you visit?

• June 9, 2015 4:19 PM EDT
    I'm currently in Zurich airport waiting to board a plane to Johannesburg and was inspired to make this discussion. Which province in Tamriel would you most like to visit and why? And which would you least like to visit and why? What do you think the culture would be like in that country translated into real life?
  • June 9, 2015 4:31 PM EDT

Valenwood bruh...Valenwood... I would not visit High rock... Just something about their political parties, but I think Valenwood would be a great, vibrant place, with most of the locals friendly!

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 9, 2015 4:46 PM EDT

I'm going to say Morrowind because of the sheer bizarre ecology they've got.

• 133 posts
    June 9, 2015 4:50 PM EDT
    VALENWOOD! BosmerMasterRace!

Wood elves are my favorite race by far, I love their culture and way of life. More importantly I love their homeland.

Beyond the stiff formal traditions of men and other mer, freedom. Pure and simple. Isolated from the destructive tendancies of other races.

Just imagine seeing the long extensive reaches of tamriels garden...
    • 694 posts
    June 9, 2015 4:53 PM EDT

If we're just talking geography/climate and putting politics completely aside, I would say Summerset Isles..? According to the lore on UESP, it has buildings made from strangler vines and ruins made out of coral. And on the wikia, it says the capital has glass buildings which look like insect wings. I feel like all that would be cool to see, but I wouldn't expect the locals to be particularly hospitable. 

I would not want to go to Black Marsh. I can't stand humidity and I would be miserable in a swamp. 

• 694 posts
    June 9, 2015 4:54 PM EDT

Also this.

• Zig
    • 3 posts
    June 9, 2015 4:59 PM EDT

Valenwood would be frigging amazing cause of the forest and the scenery and the nature itself

• Zig
    • 3 posts
    June 9, 2015 4:59 PM EDT

I also love the vibe

• 159 posts
    June 9, 2015 5:05 PM EDT

Elsweyr sounds interesting, as I would love to experience khajiiti culture! Valenwood also sounds awesome with the migratory trees and such. Finally I think the Summerset coast sounds interesting , although I think I would find the Thalmor distasteful. I would most want to visit Akvair, even though  it's not part of Tamriel.  

• 622 posts
    June 9, 2015 5:44 PM EDT

Black Marsh, cause Argonians! Also, Skyrim for the scenery 

• 145 posts
    June 10, 2015 3:58 PM EDT

Definitely Valenwood! The scenery would be stunning and the completely untamed wilderness would be fascinating. I think it would be very cool to experience the Bosmeri way of life. Also, I'm sure most people would be rather friendly- if you didn't kill the plants, that is.

Or if you looked tasty... 

• 367 posts
    June 11, 2015 5:34 AM EDT

Same as Tae, Black Marsh. (It's an Argonian thing).

Then a trip to Skyrim to visit a certain redhead in a certain hall in a place called Whiterun. From there we'll visit the under forge. After that we'll have a trip around the plains at night to watch the stars. "(Yea right!!!).

• 237 posts
    June 11, 2015 10:55 AM EDT

Elsweyr, because it sounds really cool and real cat people are something you just can't find on Earth.

• 72 posts
    June 11, 2015 1:53 PM EDT

Oh, she'll be seeing stars alright ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 159 posts
    June 11, 2015 2:12 PM EDT

Giggity........Giggity Goo. 

• 367 posts
    June 11, 2015 4:36 PM EDT

Greenspring Hollow

All ready and waiting.

• 1 posts
    June 11, 2015 6:19 PM EDT

Elsweyr,for reason khajiits,and not the isles,the high elves are just to cocky for me.

• 558 posts
    June 12, 2015 3:14 AM EDT
    Summerset Isles
    • 13 posts
    June 12, 2015 7:20 AM EDT

Definitely Cyrodiil. I mean who wouldn't want to visit the Imperial City and meet the people there? Make some new friends, learn from the libraries (meeting Richard), and so on. 

If there's one province I'd like to avoid, that'd be Skyrim. Well, for now. There's still the civil war going about and I'd like to stay somewhere peace and well-civilized. 

I think Elsweyr is actually nice and I'd like to visit there sometimes.

• 125 posts
    June 12, 2015 11:50 AM EDT

Either Cyrodiil or Valenwood; both are lavish places to visit, with friendly locals and incredible sights to behold. I'd also consider the Summerset Isles, so long as the Aldmeri Dominion doesn't mind having a human tourist around.