Forums » Elder Scrolls

If you could save one of the guild leaders...

• 24 posts
    June 8, 2015 4:57 PM EDT

If you could save one of the guild leaders, who would it be? Knowing as all of the guild leaders die, such as Kodlak Whitemane and Savos Aren, who would you save if given the chance and why? I, personally, would charge head-strong into battle with Kodlak, the companion's previous Harbinger. There's something about him that I like. I don't know, maybe it's his personality.

-B    

• 201 posts
    June 8, 2015 5:02 PM EDT
    I wish I could have saved astrid. Poor woman was just confused and scared.
    • 1483 posts
    June 8, 2015 5:06 PM EDT

Mercer Frey. The guy is one of the smartest characters in the entire game and the only reason for him to die is because a Daedric Prince doesn't like being outsmarted. 

• 168 posts
    June 8, 2015 5:14 PM EDT

Kodlak because he is like a father to all Companions.

• 367 posts
    June 8, 2015 5:28 PM EDT

Kodlak. There's no reason for him to die. he could have just stepped down. I agree with HumanOfPrey. He's like their father (For some years he practically was) and fighting alongside him would be awesome.

• June 8, 2015 5:46 PM EDT
    Just get that spell that ressurects corpses that lets them stay alive until they redie. Just ignore the begging of death....
    • 367 posts
    June 8, 2015 5:56 PM EDT

You can't use that on Kodlak his death is set. You don't even see him fall. Just his corpse which is resistant to re animation.

• 168 posts
    June 8, 2015 6:12 PM EDT

Kodlak was a cool guy, didn't deserve to die before curing himself of the werewolf curse. Also, fighting alongside him would be awesome. 

• 145 posts
    June 8, 2015 6:34 PM EDT

Well, Kodlak's the only one I like, so Kodlak. He's honorable and seems like a great companion to go into battle with. I think, for once in Skyrim, I'd rather be just a member of a guild than the leader.

• June 8, 2015 6:52 PM EDT
    Savos Aren. When I became archmage I felt like his absence was very noticeable and I was away from the college a lot and it felt like it had been left leaderless. I feel like he was an experienced and steady leader for the college and they needed someone like that after all that happened.
    • 24 posts
    June 8, 2015 6:54 PM EDT

I can respect that.

• 367 posts
    June 8, 2015 7:21 PM EDT

Can't someone make a mod so he comes back? I made a follower of him so he walks about but it isn't the same. I didn't want to be Harbinger either. (Too much fun hunting with Aela on the plains for that)

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 8, 2015 7:54 PM EDT

Kodlak. Savos Aren died saving the College from his own mistakes, Astrid deserved what happened to her, and I hate the Thieve's Guild and everyone in it.

Kodlak: For him to be able to redeem himself and the Companions by ridding them of their curse. He's a good, honorable man who doesn't deserve the fate he met, in this life or the next.

• June 8, 2015 8:02 PM EDT

I feel like crossing a Daedric Prince revokes his 'one of the smartest characters' status.

• 72 posts
    June 8, 2015 8:49 PM EDT
    Oh, we know what you mean by hunting on the plains. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • 9 posts
    June 9, 2015 1:58 AM EDT
    I would save Kodlak because savos made some mistakes that got him killed, astrid betrayed you, and Mercer betrayed the guild. So yeah probally kodlak because because he was an honorable warrior with the right wisdom to be harbinger.
  • June 9, 2015 2:49 AM EDT

You are indeed correct Matt...

• June 9, 2015 2:51 AM EDT

Ya know... One of your best qualities (in my opinion)is the sense of humor ya got XD

• June 9, 2015 2:52 AM EDT

You don't like Vex!? Or Niruin!?
    THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
    I MUST CHALLENGE YOU!

• June 9, 2015 2:53 AM EDT

Everybody saying they want to save Kodlak... I understand we're talking about guild LEADERS, but why not Skjor? After all, there is no leader of the companions... That's why the circle exists!

• 9 posts
    June 9, 2015 3:23 AM EDT
    Good point but kodlak was the one who recruited me so still kodlak.
    • 649 posts
    June 9, 2015 5:42 AM EDT

Mercer Frey. I mean, it takes serious guts to double-cross Daedric Prince and live for so long as he did. And so far, he was the only person who was able to "unlock" the true potential of Skeleton Key. He has my +1

• 184 posts
    June 9, 2015 6:14 AM EDT

Savos Aren was the nicest guild leader.  His backstory was miserable.

• 32 posts
    June 9, 2015 6:23 AM EDT

Astrid. No on deserves to die like that.

• 1467 posts
    June 9, 2015 7:28 AM EDT

Aren't we all forgetting the most important guild. The Bard's College (damn shame nobody dies, or does anything with that).

Alright so my main choice purely for enhancing the overall story would be Mercer Frey. Think about it, if he got away at the end with the Skeleton Key in hand it could really cement a theme for Elder Scrolls 6, it might be a little gimmicky (ESO and Oblivion had similar themes) but Mercer escapes, Nocturnal becomes like super pissed at all of humanity and looks at it as if Mercer stealing her item was because of Basic Human Flaws.  

So Elder Scrolls 6 (Probably set in High Rock or Hammerfall for this story) starts off with the province that Mercer fled to being devastated by Nocturnal, harvests are at an all time low, tides are rising, temperatures are going whack, you know general bad luck kind of stuff. The Hero of the story is at sea and is smashed against the East Coast by an unlucky Storm and then is I dunno captured by locals, held in prison (because Elder Scrolls) and then they find some mark related to some ancient Prophecy about the events (I mean sure that's been done but It's Bethesda, they have certain story elements they redo a lot). Skip forward a bunch, kill Mercer, get Skeleton Key back (Though he is super powerful at this point, like nearly godlike in power) return it to Nocturnal but wait she's still super pissed. 

At this point the story really picks up (again) and Nocturnal turns against the other Princes and for some reason or another they need the Hero to save them (That's right you're saving Daedra), the character then has to kill Nocturnal (or whatever the equivalent is) blah, blah, story and then becomes the new Daedric Prince of Luck...That sounds pretty damn Epic to me and it's all because Mercer lived..

Tl:DR Because Reasons and Stuff.