Forums » Elder Scrolls

A Dwemer Character?

• 9 posts
    March 4, 2012 9:06 PM EST

Hello, everyone, I hope your having a wonderful day/night!

So, your probably interested at what the discussion title entails, with the "Dwemer" character.  That is what I need help with.  You see, I wish to create a character as similar to the Dwemer as possible.  Obviously, it would have to be Mer, but which kind (High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Orcs) are most closely related/alike/akin to the Dwemer?  And also, what did a Dwemer look like?  Did they have whitish skin?  I've done some research, nothing to compare with Vix's work, but can find nothing on their appearances.

Thank you for your time - and if you helped, for your help - to read this post.  Have a good day/night! :)

-Arnen

• 708 posts
    March 4, 2012 9:32 PM EST

Either a really pale-skinned Dark Elf or High Elf. Probably Dunmer in my opinion, since the Dwemer ghosts in Morrowind had slightly greenish skin.

• 9 posts
    March 4, 2012 9:35 PM EST

Thanks, I think I'm going to give a Dwemer character a try, though I am also curious which race is more related to the Dwemer lore-wise.

• 708 posts
    March 4, 2012 9:50 PM EST

Well the Dwemer were the original inhabitants of the region that is now Morrowind.They lived alongside the Dunmer(then Chimer) after they left Summerset Isle (the Chimer were more or less Altmer). The Dwemer and Dunmer (then Chimer) banded together in 1E416 to drive out the Nord invaders that had taken control in 240 (at which point the Chimer changed into Dunmer). 

• March 4, 2012 10:08 PM EST

A Dwemer would not care about Aedra (9 (or eight) divines) or Deadra. They where a blasphemous people who scoffed at the Gods. You should of course wear and use Dwemer armor/weaps. There is a Dwemer race mod already. I don't know if they would use any spells... That's Vix matter.

• 9 posts
    March 5, 2012 9:07 PM EST

Nah, I read up on his article.  The Dwemer didn't use magic as much, it was more of a source of amusement if my recollection is entirely accurate.  They were more into creating machines and discovering more scientific aspects of life.

There's a Dwemer race mod?  That makes me highly envious of PC players!  I'm a console-user, Xbox specifically, so I'll just have to settle with a Dunmer.  Thanks for the religiously-related input, though!

• 17 posts
    March 6, 2012 12:15 AM EST
    To be honest your really looking at a wood elf in morrowind the dwemer ghost had the same body parts as a bosmer if my construction set memory suits me right and there was a pre made face option under the wood elves that accidentally looked identical to the dwemer with a really long beard squint eyes and all of course in my opinion