Forums » Elder Scrolls

Two threes... What was he thinking?

• 694 posts
    June 5, 2015 10:54 AM EDT

"Fool never saw me pull that ace outta my boot."

We've all heard the bandits muse this to themselves. I always just thought he meant a hidden card he pulled out to win the hand. But over the last couple days, I've started thinking that the "ace" he's referring to is a knife. That he just up and killed the other guy when he lost to a bad hand. The ultimate trump. One of the other musing dialogues refers to a knife in the boot. And how much stuff can dude carry around in his shoes???

I mean I guess it doesn't matter either way. All we really need to know is that he's an underhanded bandit who needs to die. I was just wondering if anyone else thought the "ace" was a metaphor for a knife in this instance.

It's Friday. And these are the things that I think about on Fridays. What are your favorite lines from the bandits, forsworn, etc?

• 201 posts
    June 5, 2015 10:56 AM EDT
    I've thought about worse on Friday, :P
    • 694 posts
    June 5, 2015 11:00 AM EDT

Haha, as have I! This one's just stuck in my brain. I like to think that the bandits are just that ruthless.

• 201 posts
    June 5, 2015 11:02 AM EDT
    I love sneaking around them and then talking about how their day has went, and then just appearing in front of hem and body slamming them. Funniest thing ever
    • 694 posts
    June 5, 2015 11:10 AM EDT

I know I like getting a glimpse into the minds of the bandits. None of the foes really talk to themselves in the same way. It's actually sort of charming. I really like the one about wizards turning wood into gold and the one about the "lying harlot" who won't get "one rusty septim" for the brat who supposedly isn't is.

I sorta do the same thing. I wait in the shadows til it's time to pounce on 'em. But  I usually opt for a ranged strike first before I go in hand-to-hand. Not much of a body slammer. 

• 133 posts
    June 5, 2015 11:12 AM EDT
    'Go to the college, da said, use your smarts he said... Hm, as if I was supposed to know which college he meant...'

Bandits, see a warrior wearing full set of armour made of dragon bones and is rumored to posess the power of dragons, 'let's get him!'
    • 694 posts
    June 5, 2015 11:20 AM EDT

YESSSS. Another gem! I think I have a special mushy spot in my heart for those big, dumb outlaws.

• 295 posts
    June 5, 2015 12:13 PM EDT

Me too. One even demanded that my character, who was at the time IN BEAST FORM NO LESS, pay the toll tax at Valtheim Towers. Mmm, bandit yummy, says werewolf. 

• 92 posts
    June 5, 2015 12:31 PM EDT

picking pockets, now that's the real art... ...no rough stuff, just take it and go... ...hmph, don't sound like much fun, though

I love hearing this line just before my thief "pickpockets" his warhammer. My thief disagrees with him . . .it is quite fun.

• 203 posts
    June 5, 2015 4:01 PM EDT

I used to play as a rather sadistic assassin who would reverse-pickpocket paralyse poisons. And having that reply while I was slipping him some of my "good" stuff, always made me laugh.

"picking pockets, now that's the real art... ...no rough stuff, just take it and go... ...hmph, don't sound like much fun, though

-We shall see about that

-Euh wha...."

Stabiddy Stab Stab

• 694 posts
    June 5, 2015 5:05 PM EDT

This is AMAZING. I'm definitely going to have to try that one.

• June 5, 2015 5:18 PM EDT
    I read your post but none of it registered in my brain cause I'm kinda tired and I don't really know what you're talking about but I still want to leave you a comment so you're cool and I love you. Friday's are great and I can't wait to sleep for hours. I'm gonna dream about bandits now.
    • 203 posts
    June 5, 2015 7:01 PM EDT
    Morthal is Paradise for this kind of characters, has been my favourite hold for assassins ever since
    • 32 posts
    June 6, 2015 9:07 AM EDT
    Another classic - Yells 'Death is so overrated' in the middle of getting his head chopped off.
    • 694 posts
    June 6, 2015 10:40 AM EDT
    I just woke up and saw thing and burst out laughing. Hahaha. You rule.
    • 694 posts
    June 6, 2015 10:42 AM EDT
    Ding ding ding!! I think this one may be the winner.
    • 394 posts
    June 6, 2015 2:29 PM EDT

On the other hand, it's funny - a bit - when my character falls down dead then its killer casually says "want something?" Ummm, no, I'm dead, you just killed me....

• 203 posts
    June 12, 2015 5:32 PM EDT

While I know this might be seen as necromancy, but as I don't think of necromancy as soemthing unnatural or evil I shall go through with what I came here to say. For I hit some nice bandit dialogue gold (or silver or just plain iron...)

Here I was at Faldar's tooth, playtesting my upcoming event build, when I entered a room, where at first glance I could see but one bandit, without hesitation I charged him and he quickly fell under my blade. It was at that moment that I heard an unknown voice say: "Not surprised nobody misses that".

• 694 posts
    June 12, 2015 11:08 PM EDT
    Hehehe... It was worth the necromancy. :)