Forums » The Lounge

Nothing matters

• 133 posts
    June 5, 2015 5:53 PM EDT
    When I see a problem, I see motivation. Because I know that problem will haunt me if I don't make it go away. People will support, but the only person who can beat it is ME. Don't be sad, don't give up. Ever. It our ability to overcome our problems that make us strong.

And no matter if nobody else cares, or you THINK nobody cares. All that matters is you care, because if you care about something enough others will see and be infected with your passion. Nothing that I've seen you do on this site has been a waste, because EVERYTHING you do in life, success or failure is an opportunity to learn.

Anything is possible. Do whatever YOU want to do, nobody can judge you for that, (as long as what you're doing isn't illegal.)

:D
    • 622 posts
    June 6, 2015 4:13 AM EDT

Let me tell you a story, Seeks. Eight years ago, I developed depression. Depression is a horrible illness and it seeped into me, driving me to suicide out of loneliness and hopelessness at times. A year ago, I developed anxiety and almost suicided again. I felt hopeless, lonely and felt like I just wanted to disappear.

Why am I telling you this? Because I recovered and so can you! There are people who care about you everywhere, even if you can't see them. You could be depressed or just down in the dumps, but don;t worry! Pick yourself up, dust it off and go have fun 

• 367 posts
    June 6, 2015 4:36 AM EDT

That must have been a big step for you to admit that Tae. Depressions a nasty illness which eats away at your soul. It’s often misunderstood and ignored. It’s not helped with ignorant comments like ‘Just get over it’ either. You just remember what you said to Seek. There’s people who care even though they are miles away. There’s always someone you can talk to, you remember that Marshsister.

And as for you Seek’s you better start feeling better or I’ll have a word with Hircine and send a wolf to your door to bit you on the ass.

• 622 posts
    June 6, 2015 5:53 AM EDT

Thanks, Sotek, it;s quite kind to hear that. I a, very lucky to have Cait, my partner, with me through this. Slowly getting better!

• 5 posts
    June 6, 2015 8:13 AM EDT
    Another depression/anxiety sufferer here and I sympathise with how you feel. There has been some good advice in these comments (alongside a couple of shockingly insensitive ones - authors should be ashamed...). All I can say is that the Churchill quote from earlier is a good one. The media and world around us in general portrays this idea of a normal life being one exempt from unhappiness or loneliness and if you feel either of these you're 'doing it wrong'. The reality of life is very different. It's normal to be unhappy sometimes or lonely sometimes and it will pass. Feeling a bit crap isn't a problem but thinking that it's wrong to feel crap can be very damaging. Take care mate.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 6, 2015 8:43 AM EDT

I can't fathom how anyone can see the world as it is and not be disappointed or unhappy. When the slow revelation that everything we were taught as children is a lie. By far, I'm disappointed in people. I think the universe, sans Homo sapiens, is amazing. Terrifying and unfeeling. Hostile to everything we hold dear, but it renders one with a sense of awe and majesty.

• 32 posts
    June 6, 2015 8:49 AM EDT

^ What he said.

• 201 posts
    June 6, 2015 11:44 AM EDT
    Thank you guys (and Tae) For putting all of this on here, I know it was tough for some of you. I'm just at a point in my life where nobody really notices me, They notice everything else around me, just because I'm not doing something spectacular. You guys helped me learn that. You can't be alright all you're life, there are some points of time (For some people) where some people prove they are stronger than depression, and they will make it through. That's how you made me feel. I am going to come out of this and I am going to break free. Somebody is bound to notice then.

P.S. I am post another Song of the Day as a status post. It's something I started doing three days ago.
    • 133 posts
    June 6, 2015 11:49 AM EDT
    Cool!
  • June 6, 2015 2:37 PM EDT
    Good job! And just so you know, you are noticed on here :) People on the blog may not always make their feelings known because they think some things don't need to be said, but I for one have noticed you over the past few days making good posts. Keep doing what you're doing, you will be happy again!
    • 201 posts
    June 6, 2015 4:57 PM EDT
    Thank you.
    • 75 posts
    June 6, 2015 9:27 PM EDT

Edit: I see now that this all has been generally resolved -3- Guess my comment means nothing but yaknow, whatever helps

I was having this kind of feeling wash over me at the beginning of the year, maybe not in the same way but I got really depressed with things and just kind of felt like a lot of things I did were a bit pointless at the time. But, as I've seen some people say, I found something, in this case a person, who kept me going and by now with the help of them I've cheered up quite a bit. So, as others are saying, find that special someone or something that can make you happy and it'll all be alright 

• 201 posts
    June 6, 2015 10:19 PM EDT
    I wish I could my my someone :P or Something :P