Forums » The Lounge

How would your character die?

• 24 posts
    June 4, 2015 9:52 PM EDT
    Even though skyrim is an open-ended game, if you could choose your favorite character's death, how would he/she die? Personally my character would die in a last stand allowing an important figure to complete their mission to save all of Nirn. Later they would find my character's body surrouned by the bodies of my enemies and make the area sacred. Maybe even name it after my character and make a statue of me...
  • June 4, 2015 10:11 PM EDT

I'd have them surrounded and outnumbered by an impossible amount, hiding behind cover, then fade to black and give them an ambiguous Bolivian Army Ending. It's more fun when it's ambiguous!

• 2 posts
    June 4, 2015 10:38 PM EDT

I'd probably have my character screw up and eat uranium.

• 485 posts
    June 4, 2015 10:47 PM EDT

In glorious battle. There can be no other way. 

• 411 posts
    June 4, 2015 11:03 PM EDT

I would like sedrys gordor die in a fight against the cliffracer god i dont care how unlore friendly that sounds thats how i want him to die.

• 51 posts
    June 5, 2015 12:01 AM EDT

My character's head on a pike for all the crimes that he has done 

• 72 posts
    June 5, 2015 12:25 AM EDT
    Autoerotic asphyxiation.
    • 457 posts
    June 5, 2015 12:31 AM EDT

Nacelien (Penitus Mentis Mens): up to her elbows in dead Stormcloaks, she self-immolates to destroy all evidence of her existence. 

Mystic Rohnin: after fulfilling Bjolfr's vision of a safer Skyrim, she is finally free to regain her her honor by taking her life with her own sword, prostrate before the shrine she built in his memory.

Lady Madylina: locked in an embrace with her soul-mate, Gerthland, Mara frees them from Hergen's curse and takes them into the blessed realms of love. 

Amalio, Knight of Iron: defending a village with his wife, Mjoll, from a bandit army.  

Heals-hurts: purging a crypt full of undead whose shadows fall on a defenseless town.

Eyralien: in the Temple of Dibella from wounds received in an underworld skirmish against would-be Falmer raiders... the raiders were obliterated.

Deirdre the Anathema: misunderstood to the last, she's taken down by Markarth guards only because she would not fight the people she swore to protect.

Lirael, Keeper of the Dead: after serving as Keeper for most of her life, she trains her only child to be the new keeper, then travels to the ninth gate to be lifted into the sea of immeasurable stars.

Stones-in-his eyes: jumping for a ledge that is JUST a bit too far away--Last words... "I got this!"

That was kind of fun! (depressing, but fun ;D)

• 125 posts
    June 5, 2015 12:51 AM EDT

Erika Northwing: Most likely either in service to the Imperial Legion, or in a dungeon after taking one risk too many just to claim a rare treasure.

Rikka Northwing: She would most likely die saving her sister from harm -- an ironic death for a sociopathic assassin like her.

Marudil: Being that he's made himself the Thalmor's most devoted adversary, he'd most likely perish in a Justiciar ambush. But only after finally taking personal revenge on Elenwen.

Sevria: Either she would die peacefully in bed, or out in the wilds of Skyrim; as she is a foreigner, she has no idea what's out there.

Arabella Blackwell: She would be hunted down by former Stormcloaks, as it was her cursed black magic that cost Ulfric both his war and his life.

Markus Blackwell: The only way a master thief of his caliber can die: surrounded by riches in his luxurious private estate.

Mirvon Sin: Killed in battle with the Imperial Legion after having laid illegitimate and tyrannical claim to the throne of Windhelm, following the demise of Jarl Ulfric (after having personally shouted him out a window).

• June 5, 2015 1:29 AM EDT

Brought on by autofellatio.

• 189 posts
    June 5, 2015 1:38 AM EDT

• 627 posts
    June 5, 2015 1:42 AM EDT

My drunken mage (I forget the name they had): succumbing to his wounds as he comes out of drunken stance after fighting a Bandit chief barehanded

The Mafeficar: bloodloss; calling on just a little more power to take down his former "allies" the legion soldiers that have him surrounded

Bjor Stormcaller: Poisoned by a Brotherhood assassin hired by Maven

• 8 posts
    June 5, 2015 12:32 PM EDT

I would like to think my main character (Alistor Verentine, a strange dragon-knight that worships both Akatosh and Peryite) would die as he and his faithful allies fought hundreds of dragons, bandits, and vampires at once, then (since he is a dragonborn with immense power) be recognized as a god by a small cult somewhere. 

• June 5, 2015 1:14 PM EDT

Only you FWH... Only you.

• June 5, 2015 1:19 PM EDT

After losing the love of his life to a dwemer contraption, Sand (poisoner build) drinks a poison so he may be with her again.

Damn... That was so much less depressing in my head.

• 133 posts
    June 5, 2015 1:35 PM EDT
    That last one was funny! :D
    • 6 posts
    June 5, 2015 1:57 PM EDT

Interference from the Machine god...(Deus Ex Machina)

• 133 posts
    June 5, 2015 1:58 PM EDT
    Malik my redguard thief, surrounded by riches and gems. Due to his immense success, greed begins setting in. Other thieves, cut throats and basically any criminal in the underworld of Skyrim begin to grow intensely jealous. He is found, in his hideout on a mountain of gold in his bedroom, and slaughtered.

My Dragonborn, Edward of Valenwood the anti-hero of skyrim dies in the most glorious way possible. He's the warrior that restored hope to not only skyrim but himself. He is no longer a broken soul, he is powerful. The daedra notice this.

They will break tamriel, they will break everything he loves, they will break him, then crush him. It will be the ultimate sign of the daedras power.

They launch an assault on skyrim. whiterun is hit first, Edwards son is forced to flee by his farther. Edward, his wife, stormcloak soldiers and companions participate in an enormous battle over whiterin, that they cannot win. Mjoll (his wife) and his forced to watch a sickening daedra slowly draw his blade across her throat.

However his torment is not over yet. To his horror, his wife's body rises. A dull, blue metalic glow emanating from her eyes which fixate on his.

Mjolls undead corpse charges towards him, but how can he fight her? Simple, he can't. She plunges her blade into his abdomen and his vision begins to blur. A strangled cry escapes his lips, 'ODAHVIING!!'

The Crimson dragon appears, kills Mjoll and clamps Edward in his jaws and begins to fly away. They are chased down quickly where they make their final stand, at Helgen. The battle is brutal, a final battalion of stormcloak a arrive and win the fight for skyrim along side the dragon born and Odahviing. Unfortunately they arive too late and both dragon and elf succumb to their wounds. The Dragonborn is dead.

Ahem, I got a bit carried away there. Edwards son lives and goes to Valenwood where who knows where his story will take him?
    • 3 posts
    June 5, 2015 2:24 PM EDT

Death by mudcrab!

• 394 posts
    June 5, 2015 2:31 PM EDT

Knee-deep in dead Nords

• 201 posts
    June 5, 2015 3:09 PM EDT
    My Witchunter/Arch Necromancer/Cyromancer would have his Undead army turn on him. He would have Hundreds of Zombies following him, but they would turn on him and Their Souls would finally be free, Truly dying.
    • 2 posts
    June 5, 2015 3:20 PM EDT

Or even better: Shia surprise!

• 133 posts
    June 5, 2015 3:21 PM EDT
    Just noticed some errors in my writing. It's meant to say, Mjoll is captured and Edward is forced to watch daedra kill her and reanimate her.

The battle at helgen is won mostly thanks to the Dragonborn and Odahviing but the stormcloak a arrive to finish of the last remnants of the daedric army.
    • 743 posts
    June 5, 2015 3:31 PM EDT

Rallus, my main character, will die peacefully of old age. I know its boring, but I think it's a good death nonetheless.

• 743 posts
    June 5, 2015 3:31 PM EDT

Dead nords! That's racist, bruh!