Forums » Elder Scrolls

Immersive Fast Travel

• June 3, 2015 9:49 PM EDT

For immersion reasons, I never use fast travel, but I just had the brilliant idea that, since you can fast travel while riding a dragon, you can fast travel immersively by summoning a dragon and using bend will. Has no one else thought of this, or is my immense self-satisfaction at this revelation unfounded?

• 93 posts
    June 3, 2015 10:44 PM EDT

Makes sense to me.

Though, I don't see why fast traveling via carriage would be any different. Even in my RP runs,  I do that some. After all, it's an in-world vehicle, no teleportation. Though I suppose you could make the argument that there's danger of bandits or something you are glossing over, which there wouldn't be on a dragon's back.

If you're trying to avoid skipping over the at-times rewarding process of crossing Skyrim on-foot, well, both methods get in the way of that.

• June 3, 2015 11:14 PM EDT

I wasn't thinking of the carriages when I posted this. What I meant was "immersive fast travel in addition to carriages," as I do make use of the carriages from time to time.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 3, 2015 11:24 PM EDT

You aren't the first, but enjoy that self-satisfaction regardless. I won't judge.

The only problem I have is never getting that far into Dragonborn.

• 338 posts
    June 4, 2015 3:21 AM EDT

I've had this thought, before, too. But, I never actually remember to do it. I think I have a mod that turns off fast travel anyway, so, I guess I'll never get the chance.

• 1483 posts
    June 4, 2015 8:51 AM EDT

Just don't do Danwguard questline. On Dawnguard side, the closest you get is Riften and you'll have to walk quite some distance to the Fort Dawnguard. On Volkihar side you'll get ripped off by the ferrymen. Trip to Castle Volkihar costs 500 septims! 

• 168 posts
    June 4, 2015 10:35 AM EDT

I never fast travel, unless I'm riding a dragon but I still use carriages and boats. And thanks to that I finally could meet the Headless Horseman.