Forums » The Lounge

Do Video Games Influence Murders?

• 558 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:54 AM EDT
    Do you think that video games influence murders? If you don't, would you let your kids play any game, regardless of its rating? If you do think they influence murders, then why do you think they are so influential? Tell me your opinions the comments below, I am curious to see what you guys and gals think.

One thing I wanted to bring up is the "Slender Man Murder" that happened a few years ago. What basically happened is that two young girls lured one of their friends to the woods, and they stabbed her over 20(?) times until she died. The reason that they claimed to do this for is because they were sacrificing their friend to the Slender Man as an offering to him. I am pretty sure that the dynamic murderous duo of 6th graders got life in prison, but it has been so long since I have researched the story that I cant remember (will research more later). Is the "Slender Man Murder" a case of video games influencing murder? Or is it a case of two nut jobs using video game characters as an excuse to murder an innocent life?
    • 743 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:58 AM EDT

Honestly, I don't think video games have any sort of influence on an average person to murder. The 2 kids that murdered in the name of Slender Man had to have some sort of mental disability.

• 184 posts
    June 3, 2015 1:16 AM EDT

One of them did. The other one, I don't know.