Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite Books in The Elder Scrolls?

• May 22, 2015 11:11 PM EDT

Books are really the only thing that I collect obsessively in all of the Elder Scrolls games, and so I have inevitably acquired some favorites which include A Tradgedy in Black, for the story, A Dance in Fire, also for the story, The Black Arts on Trial, for the interesting debate points, Immortal Blood, for the lore, and The Lusty Argonian Maid, for the hilarity. What are some of your favorites?

• 125 posts
    May 23, 2015 12:55 AM EDT

Myths of Sheogorath makes for great mad fun, but my absolute favorite Elder Scrolls book has gotta be Thief of Virtue.

• 203 posts
    May 23, 2015 1:23 AM EDT

I have to say that my favourites would be Immortal Blood and the one about the "diversion" (can't recall the title), I just love some nice and concise shortstories with a nice little twist. And of course the Lusty argonian maid for the hilarity as well, I nearly laughed myself to dead when I found that little Riekling's stach.

• 20 posts
    May 23, 2015 7:35 AM EDT

My favorites tend to be the books that help me think differently about how I'm playing the game.

The Art of War Magic is a must for my Destruction mages.  It suggests that there's a tactical side to slinging around face-melting fire, which I appreciate. 

Incident at Necrom is one I just love all around.  It describes the sort of thing I wish we could do in TES games - join up with a couple of other scoundrels, clear out some monster-infested ruin, and then collect the coin.  

The whole Songs of the Return series is my favorite set of books written specifically for Skyrim.  Great take on the lore, and I love the style.

Twin Secrets - is that the name of the Enchanting book? - is my favorite skill book written for Skyrim.  Again, like The Art of War Magic, it takes something that is relatively pedestrian in-game (making an enchantment) and suggests that there's this whole world of struggle and effort and sacrifice leading up to it.  

• 1483 posts
    May 23, 2015 8:07 AM EDT

Breathing Water, A Game at Dinner, The Marksmanship Lesson, Ice and Chitin, The Rear Guard, Three Thieves 

• 367 posts
    May 23, 2015 1:24 PM EDT

I personaly like the books which show cunning and thinking outside the box. The Cake And The Diamond is a prime example of this.

• 3 posts
    May 24, 2015 1:25 PM EDT

I like the books about Eslaf Eroll: Beggar, Thief, Warrior, King. That's a fantastic story, there.

• 149 posts
    May 24, 2015 4:26 PM EDT
    A Dance in the Fire and The Argonian Account. I like that the stories are continuations of each other with the same protagonist.
  • May 24, 2015 6:12 PM EDT

Oh, the Reven books are good too. There are so many good books I forget about.