Forums » Elder Scrolls

Your Personal Pantheon?

• 490 posts
    May 21, 2015 3:07 PM EDT

We all have our favorite divines, daedra, and other lesser/minor gods. I want to know what your personal collection of god(s) (go by whatever lore/theories/craziness you want to) that you would worship should you be a living member of a specific race within the Elder Scrolls universe.

So...

Which gods would you worship? Remember: This could be a mix and match among all known deities within the ES universe!

Would you worship a few as a pantheon and pay homage to a them? Many? All? Why?

Would you be dedicated to a cult or specific group that only worships one god? Why?

Would you not worship any? Why, knowing that most of them actually intervine within the world?

• 203 posts
    May 21, 2015 3:17 PM EDT

Hmm, I think that I wouldn't be interested in serving the Aedra a whole lot, they just don't seem like my cup of tea, those good-doing saints. That doesn't mean I would go for the daedra, I like the world I live in (unlike most of them), and honestly as far as spheres of influences go, Herma-Mora would be the most interesting of the daedra to me, problem is: the guy is an ugly heap of tentacles waiting to rape your mind, so... that's a definite no.

Hence I think that I would turn to a different cult, a smaller or almost non-existant one. And I think that I would in fact end up adoring the old Nordic totems, for the simple reason that there is no one else that can tell me how to worship them and to tell me what my gods want me to do. Which gives me near complete religious freedom, which in my honest opinion is pretty awesome.

• 72 posts
    May 21, 2015 3:17 PM EDT
    Smoke Skooma Hail Sithis. #DankBrohoes
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 21, 2015 3:23 PM EDT

I wouldn't worship any, and my characters never worship them either.

Why?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able, and willing?
    Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God.

- Epicurus

Neither the Aedra, Daedra, Anu, or Sithis pass this trilemma.

• 125 posts
    May 21, 2015 3:50 PM EDT

I admire Mara, Akatosh, and Nocturnal, with Nocturnal being my personal favorite. It might be a little inconsistent to be worshiping both Aedra and Daedra, but hey, it's my pantheon. 

• 367 posts
    May 21, 2015 4:17 PM EDT

For me there's only one Daedra and I expect not many people on the blog would be surprised at this.

Hircine Oh Hircine my master I call.

Grant me thy boons of both Tooth and Claw.

I’ll hunt the plains as far as the eye can see,

If you’ll only release the wolf inside of me.

I have a task for you my faithful hound,

Other wolves join in from miles around.

Hunt in the darkness and the shadows of the night.

For those that tremble from the terror of your sight.

We hunt as one under the blood moon so bright

Hunting for our prey in the endless night.

Softly we tread towards our prey which we found,

Soon the crunching of bones will be the only sound.

H ere I stand on all paws.

I rrespective of the lands laws.

R epent if you want.

C are not I

I rrelevant are your gods

N ot save you they can.

E nough of this talk, it’s time to die…

So just to make it clear... Hircine.

It's a wolf thing.

• 203 posts
    May 21, 2015 4:25 PM EDT

Sotek, did you write that chant/prayerthingy ? It's awesome. For some reason, I'm unable to write anything similar, even though I do plan to for my book at some point in the future. Would you be interested to give me some of your insight, if ever I need it?

PS: If you want to I can pm a link to my text.

• 743 posts
    May 21, 2015 5:30 PM EDT

Talos and Akatosh are superior to the wretched, barbaric daedra.

• 367 posts
    May 21, 2015 5:32 PM EDT

I would be more than willing to help if I can however I'm not sure if I would be of any help.

Thanks for your appreciation on the chant. It so happens that I did write that although it was a spur of the moment thing so it's a bit rough.  I do tend to live outside the box which helps. You can see my writing style from my Story Union Of The Wolf.

If you want any help I'll give whatever assistance I can.

• 367 posts
    May 21, 2015 6:59 PM EDT

It's not a case of superiority but simply who has the biggest fangs and claws.

• 622 posts
    May 21, 2015 7:04 PM EDT

Sithis, Hircine, Kyne, Peryite, Sanguine and Talos

• 12 posts
    May 21, 2015 7:06 PM EDT

Sheogorath, Magnus, The Thief  and Mara. Odd combo yes, but you know, I would be worshipping the Daedric Prince of Madness, and I'm too lazy to further justify

• 622 posts
    May 21, 2015 7:06 PM EDT

DANK

BRO

HOES

#ThugLife 

• 367 posts
    May 21, 2015 7:11 PM EDT

In that particular order or is the master of the hunt at the top?

• 203 posts
    May 21, 2015 7:20 PM EDT

I would say that even then both Talos and Akatosh could contend with Hircine's wolves, after all Talos is depicted using a huge greatsword (and is possibly an avatar of Shor) and Akatosh is a huge f*ing dragon.

• 622 posts
    May 21, 2015 7:32 PM EDT

Sithis is #1, rest are in no order :P

• 367 posts
    May 21, 2015 7:45 PM EDT

Ah yes of course. I keep forgetting you've a cold black heart of an assassin. As long as he's there somewhere I suppose.

Going off key slightly. I'm still not seeing the Big Bad Bear of the woods Tae.

• 1467 posts
    May 21, 2015 8:10 PM EDT

I think Heimskr will explain it for me

Terrible and powerful Talos! We, your unworthy servants, give praise! For only through your grace and benevolence may we truly reach enlightenment! And deserve our praise you do, for we are one! Ere you ascended and the Eight became Nine, you walked among us, great Talos, not as god, but as man!" Alternatively, he will instead say, "Talos the mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give praise! We are but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption! While you have ascended from the dung of mortality, and now walk among the stars!

• 743 posts
    May 21, 2015 9:08 PM EDT

I beg to differ. Talos would smite Hircine with his great sword while Akatosh chews the wolf's head off. All jokes aside, you're correct.

• 168 posts
    May 21, 2015 9:22 PM EDT

I'd frequently go to Dibella's temple, for the exact reasons you'd expect. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

To improve my art quality and abilities as an artist, and help keep me creative.

Oh, but I'd also worship Kynareth, the All-maker, Talos, too they're great too. And probably some others but I don't know all the religions outside of the Imperial Pantheon, only a general idea for some of the more obscure ones.

• May 21, 2015 10:40 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    May 22, 2015 1:30 AM EDT

These days it is the hero-gods which I find easiest to relate to. With the gods being distant and removed, while the demons tend to meddle for their own amusement, the heroes at least are worthy of respect for what they are believed to have done.

• 122 posts
    May 22, 2015 1:41 AM EDT
    I'm a Mara man, myself. Benevolence and love is sort of my thing. Though, if I had to pick a few Princes I'd not mind worshipping, it'd be Azura, Nocturnal and Hermy Mora.
    • 116 posts
    May 22, 2015 7:09 AM EDT
    My main, a Breton Druid, is a generally good but neutral character. He protects the balance and beauty of nature while reviling Undead and necromantic ways. With that said I'd have to say he would pay homage to Yffre, Kynareth, Dibella and Hircine as his personal pantheon. Yffre and Kynareth being the most nature oriented Aedra (Yffre might not be considered Aedra? Not sure), and Hircine being the diety of the wild predatory nature of the land. I say Dibella too cause there is beauty and a certain type of innocence in nature and most people and that is what my character seeks to protect.

(I guess im sort of a hippie....)
    • 367 posts
    May 22, 2015 11:32 AM EDT
    Dragon!!!! Nothing but a slug with wings...