Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls VI Content

• 6 posts
    May 18, 2015 2:54 PM EDT
    As we all want, a new Elder Scrolls game especially for us console users,
    What would be your ideas for the next game? What new spells or weapons? What elements would these weapons have instead of fire, ice, and lightning? What would these weapons do? Material types for the new weapons? What about a new race, perhaps a Dwarf or mix race, for example, a mix between Nord and Wood Elf. Where would it take place? Story of the game? Could you get married and have kids? Any future DLC's? I can't wait to hear your ideas ;).
  • May 18, 2015 3:27 PM EDT

I don't like the idea of adding a new playable race, established or otherwise. At least until we reach Akavir.

Hammerfell would be absolutely amazing and if the playable character turns out to be the next HoonDing, that would just be the perfect storyline (for me). Unlikely though. I don't think Bethesda has adopted the Kirkbridean view of the HoonDing. He still looks like a minor god if you just skim the lore.

One thing ESO added that I think sounds pretty nifty is racial armor styles. The trouble is there are 10 races, so that's a shit ton of new armor sets to make. Still it'd be cool having Redguard-Orichalc Armor or Breton-Steel Armor. And they could save some development time by just not having illogical ones. Orcs aren't gonna focus on malachite and quicksilver and Redguards won't focus on Daedric, for some examples. So there won't be Orcish-Glass Armor or Redguard-Daedric Armor.

Also adding the Shehai is a must, if they make it in a Hammerfell. And it better be magnificent.

• 1441 posts
    May 18, 2015 3:46 PM EDT

If they add the Shehai, it should drain ALL your Magicka, and some of your health, since you're using your own natural spirit energy to make the dang thing

• 116 posts
    May 18, 2015 8:53 PM EDT
    The Ansei are like the Elder Scrolls equivalent to the Jedi. Its be so badass to see this in game
    • 168 posts
    May 19, 2015 11:12 AM EDT

1) No multiplayer and/or co-op. Because it would be nearly impossible to be immersed in a world where you supposed to be "the chosen one" only to have 50 others chosen ones hopping around all around you with names like "Mr. Nice Guy" jumping around in circles shouting crap. Not all games need to be "social" and Elder Scrolls is one of them.

2) No digitigrade Argonias and and Khajiits, just like the ones from Morrowind. If they have human-like hands then they must have human-like feet as well. I HATE DIGITIGRADE ANTHROS.

3) More attractive Argonians and Khajiits because the ones from ESO are nothing but humans wearing lizard/cat masks.

4) Thalmor as the antagonists.

5) Include the mods Frostfall and iNeed to the game because it would be unacceptable to walk naked on the snow and without eating for days and don't die of hypothermia and starvation.

• 6 posts
    May 19, 2015 11:16 AM EDT
    I agree to all of it especially the hypothermia one. The people of skyrim runaround dressed like strippers weraring manly skirts and bras and I don't know the last time my character ate food
    • 1441 posts
    May 19, 2015 1:41 PM EDT

If there's co-op, perhaps the other play won't be a chosen one. Perhaps he is a companion of the protagnist, like a mercenary that joins up with them. You don't start out together,you have to find each other

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 19, 2015 8:35 PM EDT

Big surprise, but my gripes are with magic.

1. Keep the spell use mechanic in Skyrim, where you "equip" the spell the left or right trigger. I really liked this.

2. Staffs. I just never use these. Recharging them is a pain, and you don't get experience from using them. They're best at high level when I don't need them anymore. As much as some people hate it, I like staffs as stat-sticks. Let me equip it, but be able to cast whatever spell I'd want to cast be equipped to the same "slot", and let different staffs give me different buffs to my spell's power or reduction in magicka cost.

If I equip a destruction staff, let it give my destruction spells a little boost in power. Healing staff, summoning staff, illusionist staff, etc.

3. Enchanted weapons. Make the enchantment better looking than some glowing web across the drawn weapons. I've seen the mods, so I know it's done. I want freaking lightning arcing on my blades, or engulfed in fire, etc.

4. Perk trees. I really liked these too. I want them improved. I want some freaking effectiveness increase with my cost reduction, plox. Destro spells do more damage and less magicka, Illusions work on higher level characters, healing does more healing, alteration increases spell magnitude/duration, illusions affect more/higher level/become harder to resists/etc targets.

5. Better looking and more diversified mage gear. I want better looking clothing. I really liked Skyrim's pre-enchanted robes, because hey weren't robes. They were just clothes. Robes are boring when it makes you look like you're wearing a dyed potato sack. I want more Telvanni, Arch Mage's, and Vampire Lord. They're cool looking, some of them are even light armor. I want that and more of it.

LESS POTATO SACKS, MORE CLOTHES.

More this: Not this: 6. Crafted, custom spells and enchantments.

7. A magic faction questline that isn't centered around stopping a mad wizard from destroying or taking over the world.

8. Much more spells and enchantments.

9. Mage armor. Not the spell. I want pre-enchanted, good looking, sensible light and heavy armor for mages. I don't my option being buying/making gear and enchanting it all myself to have anything near useful for my wizard.

10. Weapons, same as above.

• 6 posts
    May 19, 2015 8:48 PM EDT
    Yes I agree with the potato sack idea, a lot of the clothes look like they were stitched by a five year old with no hands.
    • 116 posts
    May 19, 2015 9:03 PM EDT
    I have to agree with your opinion on staffs. I'd love the option to be able to block with it or "unequip" the spell and use it as a blunt weapon.
    • 6 posts
    May 19, 2015 9:05 PM EDT
    Yeah like a spear or pike
    • 24 posts
    May 19, 2015 10:58 PM EDT
    The setting would be all of Tamriel. The plot would be the long planned, long anticipated, SECOND GREAT WAR! The Aldmeri Dominion and the Empire locked in a war of survival. All of the lands of tamriel would be involved. New features would include sea battles and ships that set sail on the sea and move. Also there would be the option in the setting to where the player must eat, drink, and sleep to make the game seem more real.
    • 12 posts
    May 20, 2015 12:49 AM EDT

Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the apparel equipping system of Morrowind, and mayhap the journal/questkeeping thingy actually in the style of a journal again. Perhaps refrain from making characters essential, Bethesda could figure out all sorts of workarounds I'm sure.

I liked Morrowind too much

• 51 posts
    May 20, 2015 2:30 AM EDT
    1) Better crafting system and more armor variations
    2)Better male/female models (for men, mer and beast races)
    3)highly customizable faces ( the more sliders the better)
    4)stronger poisons
    5)Unique models for unique weapons( not some normal weapon with a unique enchantment)
    6) Bounty Hunting(Better rewards)
    7) 3 types of armor (light,medium,heavy)
    8) spell crafting :-)
    9) HARDCORE MODE (like in Fallout:New Vegas)
    10)Better speech system ( like the mod immersive speech craft)
    11) Bad-ass Boss fights ( if possible)
    12) the game set in 3 countries/provinces of Tamriel
    13) Bring back the morag tong, figher's guild and the mages guild ( even though it has been disbanded)
    14) playable thalmor questline
    15) choices that can affect the storyline
    • 24 posts
    May 20, 2015 12:10 PM EDT
    I understand why people like some of the survivalist mods for immersion and I do find some of the clothing ridiculous given the climate. That being said given the relatively limited time I have to play I don't want to be bogged down with cooking and eating. Not to mention that there are others things one has to do to survive that I think we are all fine not having in the game. Being killed by a mudcrab because I had to take my morning dump may be immersive but not terribly enjoyable experience. Optional but not required seems reasonable to me.
    • 3 posts
    May 20, 2015 5:45 PM EDT

1. Sneaky missions.  There should be more customization in assassination and thievery missions.  You could be able to customize the missions themselves, not just how you do them.  The only creative missions in Skyrim were the assassination of Vittoria Vici and the emperor, and those were still pretty bland.  You should be able to assassinate people by shooting them with arrows through the window while they are sleeping by climbing up onto a nearby roof.  And, guards should have a better AI.

2. Loading Screens.  You shouldn't have tons of loading screens everywhere in the world.  I believe that the houses and the shops/inns shouldn't have loading screens.  This would also be useful in the first tip because you  would be able to shoot someone with an arrow through the glass window while they are sleeping. 

3.  Customized Houses.  Since the bigger and more populated cities in point 4, you would need more houses.  Also, you shouldn't have to become a Thane to get a house.  There should be more of buy-able houses that you can actually buy more houses, but only one of the certain ones you are able to. 

4.  Bigger and more populated cities.  We want bigger and populated cities so we can have more interaction and so that the cities are more fun and interactive.  Also, something cool would be too have random thieves that would try to steal stuff from you and from other people as well.

5. Customized Spells.  You should be able to customize spells by with dual wielding spells and choosing special effects and whether they would be AoE or Single Target.   For example you could choose a right hand flames with left hand ice spike together with a single target fear effect. 

6.  Also, I think it should be located in the entirety of the Akavir continent.  This would make the continent absolutely humongous, and have so much variety in the ways you can go for your single characters.  In Skyrim the only two factions that actually influenced eachother was the Imperials and the Stormcloaks.  Other than that, no two factions majorly effected eachother. 

7.  New races.  Since I think it should be in the continent of Akavir, it only makes sense to include the races that are located in it.  See the wiki article - http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Akavir_(Continent) for more in-depth explanation for them.  They include, monkeys, tiger dragons, snow-demons, the men of akaviri, and serpent-men.  

8.  Different starting areas.  Maybe depending on your race, you might start in different areas based  on the lore.  

6.  Overall, if I could describe my personal expectations for Elder Scrolls VI in two words, they would be "Humongous" and "Customization."

• 8 posts
    May 20, 2015 11:46 PM EDT
    Hmmm.

Weapons need to be more realistically sized. I hate how all the weapons are dramatically oversized.

Higher level armor that is less ornamental. Skyrim has awesome low level armor but glass, daedric, etc. is too fancy for me.

Poison a batch of arrows / multiple hits of a weapon. unique effects for alchemy vs enchanting vs magic. Eg, most effects can be gained from either of these skills (fear, turn undead, paralyze). I'd like to see a little more diversity in exclusive effects.
    • 22 posts
    May 21, 2015 5:02 AM EDT
    Or just get rid of the entire "chosen one"
    • 22 posts
    May 21, 2015 5:05 AM EDT
    I know, a decent render distance *mind blown*
  • May 21, 2015 9:00 AM EDT

I for one, would love to see the re emergence of the Dwarves, for an elder scrolls fan the  Vanishing of the Dwarves yet remains an enigma. They could inhabit the  dwemer cities they are so famous for creating. As for a quest idea, its possible that an Ancient Dwarven ruin, so vast in its underground construction is on the verge of collapse threatening to take a large part of Tamriel with it. As for monsters how about a cross between a Falmer and a Hunger, poison tongue and all, the scope is endless. However I am sure the next in the series wont be a disappointment.

• 743 posts
    May 21, 2015 9:31 AM EDT

Please please please, Bethesda, don't put ANY sort of coop or multiplayer in this game. Ac Unity fell into this trap, and look how that panned out. I would, however, like to see local 2 player splitscreen. I'd also like to have a roleplay mode for us filthy console peasants. Armored horses, better looking Dark Brotherhood armor,  crossbows, random events break out while using the horse carriage, such as bandit attacks. and more realistic stealth.

• 33 posts
    May 21, 2015 10:49 AM EDT

Perhaps the biggest thing I will always hope will happen but never will is my own idea of combined destruction spells. I always wished that they could add a branch of the destruction tree next to dual casting that added damage boosters and effects for casting two of the same tier destruction spells at once. For example casting flames and frostbite together they would intertwine and do more damage as icy fire. Or another example cast flame and lightning cloak at the same time it could do like 12 or 14 dps instead of 8 and do magicka damage as well cuz of shock. But alas I know that dream will never come true.

• 168 posts
    May 21, 2015 11:11 AM EDT

Then ES 6 would be nothing but a clone of ESO, don't you think? The only difference is the plot would be set in a different place.

• 207 posts
    May 21, 2015 1:41 PM EDT

Wasn't it in oblivion that the protagonist wasn't really the chosen one, but just some ex prisoner who found the chosen one (Martin Septim)?

• 168 posts
    May 21, 2015 5:40 PM EDT

That's right, the chosen one was Martin Septim but the Hero of Kvatch played a role in his success. I remember a dialog between Uriel and the player in which the Emperor saw the player as the one who will tilt the scale during the oblivion crisis:

Uriel: The signs I read show the end of my path. My death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.

Player: What about me?

Uriel: Your stars are not mine. Today the Lover shall sweeten your journey as you confront your fate.

Player: Can you see my fate?

Uriel: My dreams grant me no opinions of success. Their compass ventures not beyond the doors of death. But in your face, I behold the sun’s companion. The dawn of Akatosh’s bright glory may banish the coming darkness. With such hope, and with the promise of your aid, my heart must be satisfied.

That means the Hero of Kvatch was not someone chosen by the gods or something, but someone chosen by fate to help Martin to achieve his goal. So is safe to say the player was another "chosen one".