Forums » Elder Scrolls

Elder Scrolls VI Content

• 168 posts
    May 21, 2015 8:54 PM EDT
    1. I'd like for spells to still be equip-able to your hands, it looks awesome for spellcasters. Also if we don't have shouts, perhaps allow us to equip a spell in the greater/lesser powers button so we weapon users can cast spells easily without  having to swap all the time, maybe.
    2. Please keep the sun spells, whirlwind cloak, or ash spells, or at least have something similar to them. These spells were great fun, made for even more build variety and themes to work upon.
    3. Bring back old weapon types; spears, melee staves, throwing knives and stars, halberds, short swords, and possibly flails (though I don't expect flails to make an appearance). Please not only in the Aedric Spear style like ESO.
    4. New destruction elements would be nice, but we should also have ways of scaling the damage and effectiveness of spells, a lot of people complain about destruction spells being weak and I'd like for the ability to scale them with enchantments or skill level.

Those are the main things I want, I could go on and on with this but I'll save myself the trouble and only list the major things that I'd like to see in TESVI

• 7 posts
    May 24, 2015 9:20 AM EDT

If we are to consider the recent suggestion by a fan that The Elder Scrolls VI would be sub-titled "Redguard", then I think the setting of the next great single-player TES might become more clear.  The reason why this is likely is because the term "Redguard" was trademarked by Bethesda mere days after The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was released.  Bethesda has also trademarked certain terms immediately after the release of previous TES games, always corresponding to their next TES.  (Someone did also find out back in 2012 that "Skyrim" was trademarked in 2006)

It could be different this time around...but I do believe it most likely that Hammerfell will be the setting of TES VI.  http://uesp.net/w/images/7/73/Hammerfell_map_Oblivion.jpg  (No, I highly doubt it's going to be all desert.)

Hopefully, it's ALL of Hammerfell (including islands that are considered territory of the province).  Alongside the entirety of the mainland province being available for exploration, the following specific islands need inclusion:

Stros M'Kai (Of course; It just wouldn't feel 100% like a Hammerfell-experience without that island.)

Herne (Island to the west of Hammerfell, which served as a temporary refuge for Yokudans before they landed in modern Hammerfell.  There could easily be some Redguards still living on that island.)

Isle of N'Gasta (Technically not considered part of Hammerfell, but plenty of treasure & unique enemies could likely be found here still.)

Stirk (The neutral island-territory west of Cyrodiil's Gold Coast;  While this is also not territory of Hammerfell, this should be visited at some point as part of a quest-line, possibly involving the Empire again.)

• 22 posts
    May 24, 2015 10:37 PM EDT
    Splitscreen is co-op
    • 168 posts
    May 24, 2015 11:41 PM EDT

Bethesda trademarked Redguard because of Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard, a spin-off game. I'm sure they were actually just now trademarking it because it was not previously trademarked. But perhaps a sequel to Redguard is in the works?

• 68 posts
    May 27, 2015 4:48 PM EDT
    I would like to see Jyg finally get his dues as a daedric prince by adding a quest and artifact for him. With the plausable time lapse between Skyrim and TES VI we can say VI will be well over 200 years after the events of Oblivion and the CoC becoming Sheo. So why has Jyg not been given his time to shine? After the CoC becomes Sheo, Sheo and Jyg are 2 seperate entities so what exactly has Jyg been doing for the last 200 years?
    • 133 posts
    May 27, 2015 7:42 PM EDT
    What if you joined the stormcloaks in skyrim.
    • 3 posts
    May 28, 2015 9:49 AM EDT

I would like a return to older Elder Scrolls.

Guilds - Skill requirements to advance through the various guild quest lines. Guilds that hate one another so you can't become the leader of one if you are a member of the other, none of this lead ever guild in an hour or two bullshit. Related: I want infamy, fame, reputation and disposition to play a part in the game again.

Stats - Bring back stats!

Spells - More varied spells. Ability to drain, damage and absorb various stats of your enemies and fortify your own. Custom spell making.

Enchantments - More varied enchantments. Custom enchantments. Cast on Use, Cast on Strike, and Permanent Effect enchants!

Story lines worth a damn! This goes for the main quest, guild quests, and side quests. More than the same 12 actors voicing 1,000+ NPCs and not rehiring the actor that voiced Farengar (oh yes. He was awful.). If they're going to do a story that centers around the power of the Voice and the magic of Words, make Speechcraft worth investing in and actually have it affect things in the world. I want a more dynamic world with interesting NPCs. I want to immerse myself in a roleplaying game again.

• 184 posts
    May 28, 2015 12:03 PM EDT

Didn't the Ansei lose most of the ancient techniques required to form the Shehai? But then the PC might be able to find an amazing mentor or something...

Edit: By mentor I mean Obi-Wan obviously.

• 184 posts
    May 28, 2015 12:11 PM EDT

I completely agree with you. When I only have an hour or so to play, it's way more convenient for me if I can adventure rather than stop to light a fire or have lunch every ten minutes.

Having said that, I want a mod in Skyrim where you need to take dumps...

• 184 posts
    May 28, 2015 12:44 PM EDT

I know a lot of people want to see Akavir, but unless Akavir is planning an invasion of Tamriel or vice versa, I reckon the game will feel boxed off. I would probably spend the majority of the game expecting to see the races and lore I have come to love. Maybe the people of Akavir know as much (or less) about Tamriel as the people of Tamriel know about Akavir.  And (allegedly) there are no humans or elves in Akavir, unless some of the colonists managed to survive and were either accepted somewhere or hid - theories of which I am sceptical. No humans and no elves would make me feel a bit like an alien playing the game.

Lots of people want Hammerfell, too. That would be nice. I would love to see the Alik'r Desert. It would be interesting to see how Redguard politics even works when two factions of its factions completely oppose each other.

What I actually want is Valenwood because  I really love Bosmer for no real reason other than they live in treees. They eat their enemiiiies. The Silvenar is awesooome. However, I'm also afraid of the game taking place there because I'm worried the wood elves would be diverging from the Green Pact after 4E... If they ever decide to become more diplomatic and less caged (or the Altmer decide to culture them), many may 'modernise' their way of life and lay down what makes them my favourite race in Tamriel.

• 1441 posts
    May 28, 2015 12:47 PM EDT

Well, apparently the Meat Mandate isnt really around anymore

• May 28, 2015 12:47 PM EDT

As of ESO, I believe, yes. But I can think of a few ways of getting them. The memory stones that the Redguards are famous for (From the Memory Stone of Makela Leki and Sword-meeting of Cyrus and Vivec), those would be a nice minimal way to get them back. If you want to make a major event out of it, you could probably involve the HoonDing (although he doesn't teach, he is a bit of guiding force, so it could work).

• 1441 posts
    May 28, 2015 1:12 PM EDT

Perhaps the Dominion has laid siege to one of the major cities of Hammerfell, and your character was a scout for either the Dominion or Empire, your race determinining the faction you scouted for.

• 184 posts
    June 3, 2015 12:57 PM EDT

Yeah, I heard about that somewhere... *sobs*

Edit: Did I REALLY say 'two factions of its factions' in the second paragraph??? Kill me now.

• 7 posts
    June 3, 2015 6:42 PM EDT

Incorrect.  They'd trademarked the full game title back in 1997 before it was released a year later.

The word "Redguard" was trademarked several times afterward, the most recent time being back in 2011 after Skyrim's release.  As of this point, Bethesda has said absolutely nothing about why they continued to renew the "Redguard" trademark, so TES VI is still likely to be set in Hammerfell.

It is just as likely as TES VI being set in Hammerfell that a "sequel" to TESA: Redguard is in the works, yes.  Who knows how Bethesda will handle the next TES game...

I doubt it will be a true sequel, though.  A game set in Hammerfell will likely mention the events of 2E864, but not too often, and the main plot is not likely to have much at all to do with it.

• 62 posts
    June 5, 2015 7:12 AM EDT
    Different kinds of arrowheads. I know, it's minor, but it's been on my mind recently while playing an archer. There should be different craftable arrowheads that affect damage/accuracy/penetration (barbed heads could cause bleeding damage, etc.).
    • 24 posts
    June 5, 2015 9:22 AM EDT
    Correct, and by chosing his own destiny he became the Hero of Kvatch
    • 15 posts
    June 5, 2015 9:32 AM EDT

Id like the next game to be called "The Elder Scrolls VI - Return of The Dwemer" and you can probably guess what my whole idea is xD

• 7 posts
    June 22, 2015 9:55 AM EDT

I correct myself:  "The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard" has never been trademarked.

Bethesda didn't start trademarking their games until The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

It's not very likely, still, that they would wait until 2011 to trademark a game that was released 14 years prior.