Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite Spell

• 22 posts
    May 18, 2015 8:30 AM EDT
    After giving up on skyrim I decided to play oblivion again as a mage build, and I was shocked by the amount of spells there are. So I was wondering what everyones favorite spell is, mine is lightning storm (just because of the look) and my second would be fire storm.
    So what is your favorite and why, this does not include spells you have made but it does include spells from every elder scrolls even arena.
    • 201 posts
    May 18, 2015 10:14 AM EDT
    I like Equilibrium=Blood magic. I likeThe spells Unlock Door in Oblivion=Arcane thief. I agree on the Lightning storm, it's awesome. Another spell I like is Telekinesis, but it's a pain in the @$$ to use, so my Fav is Vampiric Grip
    • 649 posts
    May 18, 2015 10:30 AM EDT

Burden in Oblivion. Awesome for locking enemies where they stand. Open Lock in Oblivion too, awesome spell for Mage, making him really jack of all trades.

And I love Absorb Skills and Attributes spell from Oblivion right now thanks to my Connoisseur. I´m curentlly messing around with Drain spells there.

Also, Reflect Spell and Reflect damage in Oblivion is awesome.

Well, I guess you can say that I like all Oblivion spells.

• 95 posts
    May 18, 2015 10:35 AM EDT

Skyrim: Dragonhide: Dual-casted master spell.

Oblivion: Atronach Bolt (Custom): Telekinesis in 100 ft for 5 seonds, Shock Damage 20pts for 2 sec. on target.: 100pts in Spell Absorb will cast indefinitely.

• 7 posts
    May 18, 2015 11:19 AM EDT
    My favorite spells are in Oblivion and are reflect spell and damage, bound armor and weapons, and finally summon Haskill from the shivering isles expansion because Haskill is awesome.
    • 4 posts
    May 18, 2015 11:25 AM EDT

In Oblivion I honestly love so many of the spells. But one of my most favorites would have to be Cloak (A master Chameleon spell). 

In Skyrim,I absolutely love the Lightning Storm spell. I really think it looks so beautiful.

• 295 posts
    May 18, 2015 11:29 AM EDT

Right now playing with the Requiem overhaul for Skyrim, which changes the names of spells and introduces some Oblivion spells back into the mix. This is great because undead, including vampires are a nightmare. 

Sunfire and Sunburst (Sunfire and Vampire's Bane in Vanilla). Love nuking them undead and then making them run away. 

Animate lockpick in Requiem is one of those Oblivion spells that have been brought back. Love it. 

• 3 posts
    May 18, 2015 11:34 AM EDT

"Restore health"    just kidding, "Devour health" is pretty awesome!

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 18, 2015 12:58 PM EDT

I'm not sure about my favorite Oblivion spell, but in Skyrim it's Wall of Fire.

Sticky fire makes it feel like there's substance to my spell, and it's awesome for getting rid of bodies. Raise a corpse and cast WoF on it until dies and turns to ash. Boom. Funeral pyre.