Forums » Elder Scrolls

Should I come back to Skyrim???

• 3 posts
    May 17, 2015 9:04 AM EDT

It has been a long time since I've played Skyrim (about 4 months) and my tryhard player has pretty much everything. I have a number of others but can never be bothered to go back to them knowing how long everything takes and what I want to roleplay stuff. Basically, should I come back to the game, starting a new player, contiuing on etc????

• 485 posts
    May 17, 2015 9:09 AM EDT

I dont see why not. You're bound to find a character in the character build group that will keep your interest in skyrim afloat. Give it a try.

• May 17, 2015 3:09 PM EDT

I'm sure you've seen ShinJin's Hist Mage build, correct? While I'm definitely not... shall I say, suited to that build, I did think it would be super interesting to play, and is a smart way to play the game. Alchemy may teach you to be aware of your surroundings, but that build will teach you to use it as well. 

Though I'd thought about it, and I think that going with a Dunmer that uses Stahlrim and Frost destruction magic would be pretty cool as well. (Pun slightly intended.)

Plus, there are thousands of ways to play. Say, as a paladin. You go out, help who you can, destroy any evil (This includes the Destroy the Dark Brotherhood questline) you see. Or you can go evil, and just slaughter 85% of the NPCs you meet. One of the members (forgive me, I've forgotten their name) made a merchant build. Pretty interesting and downright dirty way to play. 

Too long? Yes. Necessary? Absolutely. 

• 485 posts
    May 17, 2015 3:24 PM EDT

The Hist Mage is a build by Ben C

• 4 posts
    May 17, 2015 5:32 PM EDT

Skyrim and its world is so immersive, that if you're wanting to start over and play again, playing in a different style could change the entire feel of the game.

So definitely. Yes.

If you can't think of how to play, god knows there's plenty of builds around here to try out. So have fun trying to decide between those two you really like, and eventually trying to combine them. (Which can lead some interesting results...)

• 411 posts
    May 18, 2015 12:41 AM EDT

Yes