Forums » The Lounge

Why did you choose your current profile pic?

• 63 posts
    May 11, 2015 10:01 PM EDT

Hey guys and gals. I personally feel that a profile pic can say a lot about a person on the blog. For instance, when somebody says something, I sorta automatically imagine there profile pic to be the one saying it. So why did you pick the one you did. Some here on the blog primarily stick with one, but still feel free to explain why! As for me, I picked mine because Midna is only like ma fav character evurr...

So, why did you pick yours?

• 295 posts
    May 11, 2015 10:23 PM EDT

Hehe, I do not look like a 243 year old Paladin of Auri-El, at least I hope not, but he's my profile pic cause he is by far my favorite build and the subject of my fanfiction. 

If you wanna imagine him talking though, picture in your head a mix between Edward Fox and Robert Powell. 

• 63 posts
    May 11, 2015 10:30 PM EDT

so a suave, detective like elder. i get it.

• 4 posts
    May 11, 2015 10:57 PM EDT

It looks cool>

• 9 posts
    May 11, 2015 11:12 PM EDT
    Because Ganondorf is the king. Always has been, always will be.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 11, 2015 11:40 PM EDT
    Argonian Week.

Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
    • 1467 posts
    May 11, 2015 11:50 PM EDT

I got bullied into joining the League of ESO Avatars..

• 201 posts
    May 12, 2015 12:06 AM EDT
    Because no matter what happens in life, whether I get bullied or thrown out of the house, or get dropped from the basketball team (actually I am one of the stars) I will come back and I will show the ones who looked down on me and I will prove to them that I am not weak, that I am strong, and I will return leading the pack... Well I let loose on that one. And because it's cool. And that's how I usually play my akyrim builds. The weakling becomes a Champion.
    • 125 posts
    May 12, 2015 12:09 AM EDT

I chose my profile picture because I wanted something distinctive. I wanted something that gave my profile a unique identity, while still fitting in with the whole "thief" theme I was going for. Screenshots were out of the question; everyone uses them, so if I did the same thing, I wouldn't stand out as much and would most likely be overlooked. So instead, I opted to use artwork.  Specifically artwork inspired by the original Thief trilogy, which would be especially eye-catching.

In short, I picked it because it was cool and distinctive. 

• 64 posts
    May 12, 2015 12:58 AM EDT

Because it was a pic that looked cool and it was the cover pic for a build I made on Skyrim Calculator called "Auriel's Faithful".

http://skyrimcalculator.com/build/402265/auriels-faithful

In case anyone wanted to take a look

• 122 posts
    May 12, 2015 1:14 AM EDT
    Because dreamy Korean boy-men.
    • 367 posts
    May 12, 2015 1:34 AM EDT

it's the same reason for me too. Except Sotek isn't my favourite char, He's my ONLY char. Except for a few others which are just there to help with screenshots for my story.  As I've mentioned before Sotek's been there from the start since I played Morrowind.

Whatever it is I do in regards of the ES, you'll find him at the heart of it somewhere.

• 130 posts
    May 12, 2015 1:45 AM EDT
    I picked mine to be as generic as possible, in keeping with my username which is the generic name you are given if you do not make your own name in Skyrim's character creation.
    • 77 posts
    May 12, 2015 1:47 AM EDT

Was sill an un-signed lurker when the ESO avatars started appearing, liked the idea of the shape and started coming up ideas for a moon shield for my first character inspired by Melindora Nightsilver (Last Rune series by Mark Antony).

Found this: Moon Shield and then had my first of a long number of sessions with G.I.M.P. to create what is now my profile pic

• 22 posts
    May 12, 2015 2:00 AM EDT
    I just like Ermac
    • 1595 posts
    May 12, 2015 2:09 AM EDT

Because Dunmer.

My original avatar I kept for about 18 months before switching to an Ordinator which kept me company for a further 6 months. This year I've been changing my avatar every month until I settle on one for a while. I might go for that ordinator again, liked him.

• 627 posts
    May 12, 2015 4:59 AM EDT

What would a fool be without his trusty hat and foolish grin?

And since i was told awhile ago by a member that I can't remember that they found my first one creepy (which was just "god" from FMA: Brotherhood) I added in the eye to fit with that 

• 649 posts
    May 12, 2015 5:25 AM EDT

Because... Sorin Markov...ok?

• 58 posts
    May 12, 2015 7:01 AM EDT

I change my pic according to my role

• 622 posts
    May 12, 2015 7:27 AM EDT

ARGONIANS

• 490 posts
    May 12, 2015 8:03 AM EDT

Because Teccam.

• 63 posts
    May 12, 2015 8:25 AM EDT

on a side note, it looks like your argonian maid is doing an anime pose.

• 63 posts
    May 12, 2015 8:27 AM EDT

is your argonian girl doing a anime pose?

WOAH DOUBLE POST WTF

• 63 posts
    May 12, 2015 8:28 AM EDT

wow, thats pretty deep.

• 63 posts
    May 12, 2015 8:32 AM EDT

hm, at first glance, i thought your pic was of a groot.