Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's Your Favorite Created Character In Skyrim? (Player-Made)

• 168 posts
    May 12, 2015 10:40 AM EDT

Shigeru, the Thalmor Slayer.  He is my first Skyrim character and I'm proud of him. I created him when I was learning how to play as an assassin by the legendary assassin player Sephiroth. Shigeru may not be a typical hero, just an avenger alone against the Thalmor  in order to right a grave injustice (the murder of his adoptive Nord parents). Cliché, I know but just as Shigeru says "Nothing is a cliché when it's happening to you."

He is also the main character of my WIP fanfic that also involves his twin sister and Arch-Mage, Shinderu, as well as Beatrix, an imperial battlemage whose great great grandfather was the Hero of Kvatch. Besides that, Shigeru is just a generic thief/assassin/duelist with a Robin Hood heart: He steals only from the riches and donates most of the profits to the Temple of Mara and he has a strong sense of justice: He just take contracts from the Dark Brotherhood to kill devious politicians and troublemakers. But he is neither the Guild Master, nor the Listener. Leadership never was his forte. And I'm trying to find an excuse to destroy the DB at some point, for example, someone summoned the DB to kill Shigeru's sister and he was chosen to do it. But instead he decided to kill his dark brothers in order to protect his sister. But as I aid before, my fanfic is still a WIP.

• 203 posts
    May 12, 2015 11:07 AM EDT

My favorite character would be my old "completionist" type character, there was no role playing involved just fun, trial and errors (he was my first skyrim playthrough). He was a master thief, listener, harbringer,(archmage???), dragonborn warrior assassin. Since then I discovered the fun of roleplaying, especially on pc with the help of mods like frostfall and Ineed and have never played another completionist character and don't think I plan to, even though that might be difficult to do when the next installment of the series gets out. I played him until level 66 on my xbox until the point where the fact that I stretched his skills too thin became quite apparent but mostly because savegame bloating/corruption (I have no clue which) ate him alive (having 20 minute long loading screens just isn't playable, also it drives you mad when you die).

I managed to port him over to pc where I got a nice player home mod for him and his family in his favourite city of Dawnstar.

• 207 posts
    May 12, 2015 5:00 PM EDT

Well I have Five

Ragnarok-My first Character. Was an Argonian Spellsword. Your typical first op char. Just with Dragonscale instead of Daedric. He was fun to play because i didn't really know much about this game. With his high Magicka Regen/Low Cost Armor and his Daedric Swords of Souleating and Bloodsucking he was quite powerful. And because of my regular usage of the bound sword he became capable of conjuring Dremoras.

Cyrael Sarus-An Altmer Sorcerer. The Idea of a heavy armored mage came to me before I learned anything of the sorcerer class. He was hungry for Power and knowledge and this lead him to help the daedra and became a lich. But the Daedric Princes he didn't help cursed him and so his powers became stunned at day. This led him to destroy the remaining Dragon Priests to get Konahrik and get rid of his weakness against the sun. At the moment he is slumbering in Valthume.

Asgorn Stormwind-An orc raised by Nords. He took being the Dragonborn as a sign and helped the Stormcloaks to free Skyrim. He was skilled with Sword, Shield and Bow and used a Nord Hero Greatsword so powerful that even without skill he could do great harm with it. He wore the Helm of Yngol since he defeated his shade. He dons Dragon Plate Armor and is capable of fully use the power of the Thuum.

Ancher Pinethorn-A Wood elf adventurer/treasure hunter. He was such a fun character because He used no crafting and he felt fully free. Altough I was the Leader of two Factions I felt never bound with him. I also played with the idea of costuming him as a mage to get access to the college.

Gabriel Belmont-This was my first character with the dlcs. He was the character I thought the most of the story I wanted to tell. He was a Imperial adopted by the Vigilants of Stendarr when he was an infant. They teached him the ways of fighting evil. But one day his wife was seemingly killed by vampires. He follows them their traces to Skyrim and is excommunicated by the Vigils because he is filled with rage. He learns of his destiny as dragonborn and of the Prophecy of the Sun. He also meets Meridia who gives him the Dawnbreaker. He defeats Harkon and takes a Soul Gem with his Soul and hides it in Castle Volkihar. Then he kills Alduin. Akatosh/Auriel reveals to him what happened the night his wife died. He made Gabriel kill his own wife and let him believe vampires have done the deed so he would venture to skyrim and save mankind. This leads to Gabriel denouncing him and swearing to use the thuum forever agains Akatosh. He stabs Serana and drinks her blood to become a vampire. He takes a journey to the Soul Cairn where he learns its secrets (Soul Cairn Summons) and kills the reaper. He then meets the Undead Dragon whose name I cannot spell. As both were betrayed they become allies and bind their souls to each other. He leaves the cairn, shatters the Dawnbreaker and uses Harkons Soul to craft a Pendant that protects him from the sun and grants him unbelievable destructive power. Then he terrorizes one Skyrim until he is attacked by cultists. This leads him to Solstheim where he seeks to kill Miraak. He succeeds but realises he was the puppet of a god once agains. This leads him to seek death. In his search for death he meets an undead frost Giant who is powerful but who dies in the end. One Day he meets a black clad warrior. The Warrior is an extraordinary foe who nearly kills Gabriel a few times. But in the end the black warrior also falls. After this Gabriel goes to Dimhollow Crypt, the place where the vampire who spawned him slumbered for millenia. He enters the same coffin Serana spend her time in and waits till the end of the world.

• 125 posts
    May 12, 2015 7:48 PM EDT

Your English is above average, I'd say.  I can clearly understand what you're saying. And what an interesting idea, to devote two playstyles to the same character!

• 125 posts
    May 12, 2015 7:51 PM EDT

I always love Robing Hood-type characters.  And it's also unique having your character not lead any guilds. That feature would've been neat in the finished game.

• 125 posts
    May 12, 2015 7:52 PM EDT

A restful retirement for a mighty warrior.  Sounds like he had a good run.

• 1483 posts
    May 12, 2015 8:26 PM EDT
    • 145 posts
    May 12, 2015 8:28 PM EDT

Currently, my Bosmer mage, Oren, and my Dremora warrior, Morose (from a race mod). Not much backstory has gone into them yet, but I'm still working on them.

• 161 posts
    May 12, 2015 8:33 PM EDT

My favorite Character I've made is Tiberius The Nightmare. Hes an assassin/archer/sniper that leads hes own assassin group. 

• 125 posts
    May 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT

Goodness, that's a lot of characters. o_o But well done for giving each of them some backstory and personality! Goodness knows that can be a daunting task.

• 125 posts
    May 13, 2015 12:01 PM EDT

Well we've all got to start somewhere. Marudil, for example, used to be called Meikal Long-Bow and was intended to be my likeness... my, how times have changed. 

• 125 posts
    May 13, 2015 12:02 PM EDT

His own group, eh? Is this with the "Guild Starter" mod?

• 125 posts
    May 13, 2015 12:03 PM EDT

I love how in-depth her profile is. Major props to you for your effort! 

• 7 posts
    May 13, 2015 2:38 PM EDT

• 7 posts
    May 13, 2015 2:44 PM EDT

I just rediscovered Skyrim again after not playing it for a few years and I've really been enjoying this blog.

After reading many of the backstories and profiles on this website, I decided this time around to give my character a backstory.

First Name:  Jirek

Last Name:  Stormguard

Sex:  Male

Race/Ethnicity:  Nord Father/Breton Mother

Alignment:  Jirek is a lawful man, he believes in order and discipline, it's necessary for both his magical and martial pursuits.  However, he harbors a dark side, a deep seated desire for vengeance and utter hatred of those who would manipulate, oppress, or harm the weak.

Titles:  While Jirek could assume the titles of Arch-Mage or Harbringer, he prefers to not be proceeded by opulent titles.  He was far more interested in making sure magic training was open to all who sought knowledge and that men and women who wished to earn honor and glory in the companions would not have to accept a curse from hircine to do so.

Appearance:  Built like a Nord, a strong jaw, but eyebrows and eyes that reflect his mother's Breton heritage.  He often has a serious demeanor and expression but is capable of laughter and even dry humor from time to time.

Skin Tone:  Pale in the winter to a light tan in the summer.

Hair:  Tightly Cropped as would be befitting an Imperial Legion Soldier.

Apparel:  Jirek wears Daedric Armor, Boots, and Gauntlets.  He often uses an adept hood to hide his face.  He utilizes the spellbreaker shield, the dawnbreaker sword, as well as an Enchanted Family Heirloom Ring and Necklace that increase his magical resistance and Conjuration Abilities.

Special Abilities:  Jirek is not only an incredibly accomplished summoner of all manner of Daedra, as well as proficient with Restoration Magic.  He is also well-trained in the use of one-handed sword and shield, heavy armor, blacksmithing, and Enchanting.

Religion:  Due to events in his past, Jirek is a Patron of both Azura and Meridia, their influence guides him, through Azura's representation of the dawn and dusk he realizes that balance in one's heart and soul is essential, particularly for his life-long mission, and Meridia's hatred of the evil of undead was a cause he was able to identify with.

Backstory:  Jirek Stormguard was born to his parents, Jared Stormguard and Moira Bouveau, in the Imperial City.  Jared was a former Imperial Legionairre who was working within the market district as a Blacksmith and owner of his own armor shop when Moira walked into the store by accident.  Moira, studying as a gifted conjurer had been looking for the bookstore next door.  Jared, clearly captivated by Moira's beauty, asked if she would be willing to have dinner with him.  The two fell in love and were eventually married and had a son.  Jirek was often touted by his parents as having the "best of the worlds of martial prowess and magical lineage".  As a young child, he was quiet, but bright and often took to watching his parents in their respective pursuits.  Jirek's father taught his boy blacksmithing from a young age and also showed him many of the fighting techniques that he learned while in service to the legion.  Jirek took particularly well to using a sword and shield as well as the crossbow.  Moira taught her son to hone his magical lineage, and her boy showed an immediate gift for conjuration, he even learned how to summon a playmate for himself, in the conjured familiar he named Swift.

Jirek enlisted in the Legion on his 18th birthday and was assigned as a Battlemage.  He served in the legion for 10 years.  During his time in the Legion, he had met and married a fellow Battlemage, Patricia, and had a young son, Jarek, a combination of both his and his father's name.  He traveled with his family to the Imperial City to receive his discharge papers, and from there he was going to take them to Bruma where his parents had retired to after selling the armor shop.  The papers would take a couple days to finalize so Jirek sent his wife and son on ahead to Bruma.  A friend of his from his legion days now ran a trade caravan and said he would be happy to take them along.

Jirek arrived in Bruma three days later, but was confused when his parents informed him that his wife and son had not arrived.  He immediately went to the local market where the owner of the general store informed him that the merchant patrol had been attacked by Vampires while traveling at night.  The vampires had killed everyone including his wife.  They had taken his son and used him as a human sacrifice to Molag Bal.  Jirek tracked the vampires to a den located South of Bruma, he slaughtered one after another until he reached the master vampire.  To his horror, the master vampire was smiling.  "I wondered when your father would show up" he said, and out of the darkness, a small figure emerged.  Jirek looked on in horror as his own son showed the same glowing red eyes of the master vampire.  Without warning, the child and the master vampire attacked Jirek, but they were no match for his skill with sword, shield, and his flame atronarchs.  As his son lay dying in his arms, Jirek told his son that he loved him, his son asked if he would go to Sovngarde, and tearfully, Jirek told his son yes.

For weeks, Jirek was a lost man, he would go on days long drinking binges, and even resorted to using skooma.  Until one night, while sleeping in another chemically induced haze, he had a vision of Azura and Meridia.  Azura asked Jirek "Why does one with such power to influence the world waste away in a haze of pity".  Angrily Jirek screamed "I have lost everything! EVERYTHING! What is there that's left for me?!"  Meridia responded "One of such hatred for the evil of the undead should be striving to ensure their foul influence never again threatens another innocent".  Jirek looked into the eyes of the Daedra and asked them "What is it you propose?"  Azura told Jirek "We require your aid in your father's homeland, a terrible evil is threatening to destroy the world, and worse, there is a vampire prophecy that if fulfilled, will plunge the world into eternal darkness".  Jirek asked "And what will you give me in return?".  Meridia responded "We will empower you with artifacts of great power to accomplish your purpose".  Jirek decided the best way to combat the Daedric evil that took his family would be to fight it with the same evil power.  So he gave in the only way he could, he let the darkness in. 

Jirek now fights as a Daedric Knight, he uses Atronarch's from Meridia and Azura's planes of Oblivion to aid him in battle while he uses other Daedric artifacts against evil.  In his hatred and vengeance, he has achieved a new purpose.  Jirek spent a year training his body and magical skill for his mission to Skyrim, finally he has come to darkwater crossing to begin his journey.

I plan to create a full profile with screenshots at a later time.

(Credit to Ponty for his Crusader of Meridia Build).

• 161 posts
    May 13, 2015 6:11 PM EDT

Yeah. He has 5 members and there DEADLY!  Though there people I made myself with npc stuff. 

• 1467 posts
    May 16, 2015 7:29 PM EDT

My favorite character that I've ever created. I don't think I honestly have a favorite, some mean more then others to me but in the end they are all my creation, I don't think I could pick a favorite that easily.

• 95 posts
    May 16, 2015 11:35 PM EDT

Mine would have to be my recently posted WiP build. It is defensive and can stand barrage after barrage of attacks when need be and convert spells used against him into magicka for his reserves. He can also call upon the wind and lightning from a storm to empower his mace.