Forums » Elder Scrolls

Personalized Dragon Shouts

• 367 posts
    May 10, 2015 8:43 AM EDT

I noticed in 2013 there was a bit of a Dragon Shout competition and I couldn’t help but wonder has anyone’s perspectives changed on the available shouts in game.

If you could form your own shouts for either In Game, RP, or even to use in a story, what shouts would you have?

Personally I would have three new shouts:

Wolf Aspect                         Sacred Grove                          Dragon Heal                           

Jusk     Iisk     Grohiik           Rum   Fuhil   Lahniv          Vrii      Qeth    Vokren  

Claw    Fang   Wolf                  Root   Leaf   Thrive             Scale   Bone   Mend          

Wolf aspect would increase the speed and power of your werewolf form for 30 seconds and cause an instant change to your werewolf form.

Sacred Grove would be a passive shout enabling crops to grow within seconds, or a tree or even vines which could entrap an enemy, even a dragon pinning it in place for several seconds. Enough for you to implement an escape.    

Dragon Heal would be for using on a friendly dragon. It would work by drawing some of your health and transferring it to the dragon which you shouted at. The effect would be the same as when you absorb a dragon except it would be reversed (And red coloured).

What shouts would you create if you could?

• 739 posts
    May 10, 2015 9:04 AM EDT

I'd change Whirlwind Sprint, I've always found that shout almost useless and the cooldown is stupidly long for what it does.

Instead of the current 'thrust' that is so hard to control and pinpoint I'd change it to a time based speed boost instead...

1 Word: 20% Increase in Movement Speed for 10 seconds

2 Words: 30% Increase in Movement Speed for 15 seconds

3 Words: 40% Increase in Movement Speed for 20 seconds

Cooldown around the same as Become Ethereal.

• 485 posts
    May 10, 2015 9:11 AM EDT

I like how whirlwind sprint functions, but I dislike its high cool down time relative to what it does. If its cool down was cut in half itd be far more useful IMO. 

• 367 posts
    May 10, 2015 9:15 AM EDT

What I would change with Whirlwind sprint would be the fact that you can't hit an opponent with it. Imagine if you struck an opponent as you shot passed/ into them. BLAM!!!

• 203 posts
    May 10, 2015 9:22 AM EDT

That would make sense, after all, if the audio is to be believed, you are breaking the soundwall when using the shout. Anyone nearby, or in your path would definitively notice you.

• 485 posts
    May 10, 2015 9:39 AM EDT

I think you're already kind of able to do that, provided you have a shield and the shield charge perk. If I recall correctly, raising your shield just as you shout causes you to bowl over everyone in your path. 

• 203 posts
    May 10, 2015 9:39 AM EDT

Let's see, I honestly loved Miraak's shout, where he absorbs the lifeforce of a dragon, it may be a bit Op to have yourself but I would have loved to use that on Alduin.

But hmm...

Call Warlord:

Sulekh Morokei Konahrik = Powerful Glorious Warlord

Blade of Auri-el:

Pah Werid Shul = Everyone Praise the Sun

Sacrifice:

Zahrahmiik Daniik Sos = Sacrifice of Doomed Blood

Call Warlord: Call upon Shor himself to aid you in battle, Once he arrives Shor calls upon some of his many avatars, among which you could find Ysgramor and perhaps even Talos.

Blade of Auri-el: Call upon a great godray of doom, destroying any undead in it's path without harming the living.

Sacrifice: When used upon an Undead minion, the minion is destroyed but 50% of it's remaining stats are transfered to you.

• 367 posts
    May 10, 2015 9:41 AM EDT

I never knew that. I'll have to have a bash at it... :)

• 8 posts
    May 10, 2015 10:19 AM EDT
    I'd like that meteor shower shout that alduin has. Also an earthquake one with a stagger effect like Windshear, where all targets would fall over. Gol qeth kreh. Earth bone bend
    • 367 posts
    May 10, 2015 10:24 AM EDT

On the other side of the scale you could even widen a stream or make it deeper. It would be amusing to fight some bandits in a stream and all of a sudden their half drowning. Especialy if your an Argonian. Or even a bear or Sabre cat fall in a pit where you can just shoot it from above.

• 72 posts
    May 10, 2015 9:49 PM EDT

I was thinking of a story with something like this, actually. The main idea for it came to me when I thought of a Shout.

Spaan Jaaril Tendrok - Shield Protect Barrier

Lahspaan Jaaril Tendrok - Ward Protect Barrier

So the first one would make a force field of sorts around you that would protect from physical damage, while the second one would make a giant ward bubble that would protect against magic.

• 33 posts
    May 11, 2015 12:59 AM EDT

Well I think disarm needs to scale with illusion or somethign so it can be used on higher enemies

as for custom shout

Spirit Mend

Kun  Vokrii Vahraan

Light Restore Heal

rank1: Heals caster for 70 points

rank2: Heals caster for 120 points and nearby allies for 50

rank 3: heals caster for 170 poinnts and nearby allies for 90

• May 11, 2015 2:50 AM EDT

I always thought it would be cool to learn that shout-like poison attack the Afflicted from Peryite's quest know. Here's my interpretation of it:

Breath of Corruption 

Slen-Liiv-Krasaar ("Flesh-Wither-Sickness") 

1 Word: Does 3 damage per second to the health of one enemy for 30 seconds 

2 Words: Does 5 damage per second to the health of one enemy and slows by 50% for 30 seconds 

3 Words: Does 7 damage to the health of one enemy and slows by 50% for 30 seconds; if the enemy dies under this effect the poison transfers to any enemy within 15 feet. 

Cooldown similar to Fire/Frost Breath

• 22 posts
    May 11, 2015 6:44 AM EDT
    More alteration based shouts would be helpful.
  • May 11, 2015 8:26 AM EDT

What would an alteration-based shout even do, though? 

• 367 posts
    May 11, 2015 5:57 PM EDT

A poison attack would be rather cool. I always have fun with the poison ring in Morrowind. Toxic Cloud. 10 seconds of poison in an area.

Rather than it being a single target I'd have the dragon shout form as a green toxic mist that coves an area for several seconds.