Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favourite mix of archetypes

• 36 posts
    May 8, 2015 8:17 AM EDT
    What is your favourite mix of archetypes? Like night blades is a mix of assassins and mages or a mix of a numerous archetypes like my kind of archetype I hinted out on the "Favourite Archetypes" discussion. Choose numerous archetypes and have a think of what could they turn out to be? A badass archetype you could ever think of. Combination is a good thing, if you know what I mean.
    • 1467 posts
    May 8, 2015 8:20 AM EDT

Mage and Archer/Hunter. A Witchhunter build is one of my favorite styles of combat ever, as is the Nightblade (which to me is a mix of magic, combat and stealth). Though anything that's fast paced will always keep me entertained. 

• 485 posts
    May 8, 2015 8:32 AM EDT

Mage assassin hybrid for sure. 

• 116 posts
    May 8, 2015 9:25 AM EDT
    My favorite is the Druid, which is slightly difficult to pull of with the ES skills and spells we get. I mix components of warrior and mage to get what I desire. One handed weapons (Axe or maces), alteration, restoration, and some illusion magic. For armor I usually mix heavy and light armor with a mage hood to get as much of a druidic look as possible.
    • 201 posts
    May 8, 2015 9:32 AM EDT
    Archer/Necromancer, Night blade, Dul wielding Illusionist (Haha Drizzt), Thief Monk (Tasslehoff Burrfoot)
    • 490 posts
    May 8, 2015 10:06 AM EDT

Of the big "3" we usually associated with the Elder Scrolls series (thief, warrior, mage), my favorite is definitely mixing warrior and mage.

Battlemage.

• 1483 posts
    May 8, 2015 10:56 AM EDT

Thief, mage, alchemist

• 161 posts
    May 8, 2015 11:21 AM EDT
    Archer/Dual-wield/Assassin. Sometimes Illusionist.
    • 64 posts
    May 8, 2015 11:23 AM EDT

I'd have to say Warrior/Assassin (not actually my favorite because my favorite is actually a pure mage). Able to kill his enemies without conflict and yet able to kill outside of the comfort of shadows. Would probably be more powerful with crafting skills but this build is rather perk-heavy without crafting.

• 237 posts
    May 8, 2015 2:48 PM EDT

When mixing archetypes in any genre, I absolutely love mage-thieves.  The penultimate live-or-die-by-wits adventurers!

• 133 posts
    May 8, 2015 5:07 PM EDT
    Tactical warrior. A fighter that observes his environment and uses his and his enemies surroundings, strength, skill and intellect to his environment.

Or HER enviroment.
    • 743 posts
    May 9, 2015 12:01 AM EDT

A combination of a rogue and warrior is my go to class.

• 249 posts
    May 9, 2015 12:47 AM EDT
    Useful Familiars. (Front of the line)
    • 237 posts
    May 9, 2015 1:41 AM EDT

How did this get from that discussion over there to this one over here?  Anyway, you seem to have some archetype in mind that involves familiars.  Care to elaborate? :p

• 50 posts
    May 9, 2015 1:05 PM EDT
    Badass Brawler with Shield. Board and Fist.
  • May 9, 2015 9:17 PM EDT

Any combination of warrior and mage.

Battlemage, spellsword, shieldmage, arcane barbarian, witchhunter--anything that mixes combat with magics is awesome in my book.

• 95 posts
    May 9, 2015 10:17 PM EDT

For Skyrim: I usually play Paladin/Necromancer/Vampire. So basically, the ultimate "Death Knight"

For Oblivion: Paladin(Heavy Armor, Healing Spells, Magical Defenses)/Alchemist (Potions that boost my skills and Attributes. NO POISONS!)/ Barbarian (Greatsword). Thats right, BloodBane is actually a nice guy (sometimes) XD

Morrowind: Have yet to truly decide what style to play as. Will DEFINITELY try being a good guy though... Then turn bad and try to kill everyone.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    May 9, 2015 11:13 PM EDT

Mage + [Anything] = [Something]

Mage + Nothing = Best Class.

Mage + Warrior = Magic, to the FAAAAACE.

Mage + Rogue = Stabbing magic to the face.

Mage + Stealth = /whisper: magic to the faaaaace

Mage + Mage = GAWD-AH!

Mage + Bow = /twang: Magic! .... wait for it.... TO THE FACE!

Mage + Cheese = Sheogorath

• 743 posts
    May 9, 2015 11:53 PM EDT

Rofl

• 36 posts
    May 11, 2015 7:22 AM EDT
    That is very suggestive.
    • 36 posts
    May 11, 2015 7:23 AM EDT
    What do you mean by that
    • 36 posts
    June 13, 2015 8:31 AM EDT

What's with the "Cheese"?

• 133 posts
    June 13, 2015 8:37 AM EDT
    Rogue archer/alchemist/thief.
    • 127 posts
    June 16, 2015 7:32 AM EDT

Had a whale of a time as a Nightblade Barbarian.  Made for the perfect Highwayman...

• June 16, 2015 9:28 AM EDT

necromancer/warrior...