Forums » Elder Scrolls

Are TES Classics dead?

• 649 posts
    May 9, 2015 6:54 AM EDT

It´s months, Ben, I don´t remember the names of the discussions. And back then, the search didn´t work. I´m cooking from nothing with those names.

• 622 posts
    May 9, 2015 7:35 AM EDT

Great post, Karver. I wish I could post more but I'm more of a Classic Lurker

• 649 posts
    May 9, 2015 7:50 AM EDT

You already posted a build, Tae. That is way more than others did.

But if things´ll get changed a little bit, I would like to see some more Argonian things from the Queen herself in Classics. I´m not speaking about builds, but I think that you can pass some Argonian wisdom on us, shameful players who never played an Argonian in older games

• 773 posts
    May 9, 2015 8:56 AM EDT

Just to add that the topic is being looked at in the Elder Council and I suspect something will happen pretty soon to revive the group.

I'm pleased that this has been brought because, as I say, I've always had a soft-spot for this group and would like to see it as a really vibrant and viable part of the site.

• 130 posts
    May 9, 2015 9:09 AM EDT
    Yay MOAR POWER!
    • 773 posts
    May 9, 2015 1:01 PM EDT

I have spoken with Emer and we have decided to 'open up' Elder Scroll Classics to ALL pre-Skyrim Elder Scrolls content. 

Feel free to add game guides, tips, role-play etc relating to Oblivion or Morrowind. Of course builds are still more than welcome!

I have adjusted the tab layout at the top of the page to reflect the change. 

Karver has been added as a new host, additional to Prisoner - and we look forward to seeing where they can take the group.

I will be 'boosting' the group with front page feature(s) next week, and it will be good to have fresh content to focus on, so if you have anything to contribute then please do so.

• 649 posts
    May 9, 2015 3:14 PM EDT
    Thank you very much, Paul. And Emer too. I already have some new content ready so lets hope it will bring some life back to the group. :)
    • 130 posts
    May 9, 2015 4:47 PM EDT
    Welcome aboard, Karver.
    • 622 posts
    May 9, 2015 7:08 PM EDT

Truth be told? Skyrim was my first game and I have barely played one in Morrowind, but finished one in Oblivion. Maybe a LP from me might fix it up? 

• 95 posts
    May 9, 2015 10:02 PM EDT

WOOHOO THANK YOU PAUL AND EMER!!!!

• 95 posts
    May 9, 2015 10:04 PM EDT

Ass backwards? How-so? I find it quite easy no matter which character I play.

Also, for Sun Damage: I never use the "Wait" function, nor "Sleep." unless needed for leveling up and I always stay at stage 4. I also hate fast traveling. So for me, it's a hardcore mode.

• 95 posts
    May 9, 2015 10:09 PM EDT

A bunch of the lesser and greater powers in Skyrim have good potential for synergy to create even greater effects when combined with others. But if they stood alone, a large amount of them would end up being a waste in the end. 

To have depth is variety: Skyrim's combinations for Poison and Enchantments do not have the closest potential compared to Oblivion.

• 179 posts
    May 9, 2015 10:35 PM EDT

The problem with Oblivion's leveling system is that you need to make your major skills the ones that you don't use in order to level up efficiently. That is counter-intuitive,  or to use a more crude term, ass-backwards.

Even in your situation, avoiding sun damage is easy. You just have to literally wait until nightfall if you don't want to use the wait function.

• 179 posts
    May 9, 2015 10:36 PM EDT

And Oblivion's variety is superficial compared to Skyrim. To repeat my earlier example, in Oblivion, there are all sorts of factors you can include and adjust to affect how much damage your shield negates when blocking. However, blocking is pretty much the limit of what you can do with your shield. In Skyrim, you can use it block, bash, shield charge, dodge attacks via Quick Reflexes and potentially even more depending on the shield you use. Oblivion has more variety, yes, but Skyrim has it beat when it comes to variety of substance.

• 95 posts
    May 10, 2015 1:26 PM EDT

Ill agree to the substance part, but the leveling system for Oblivion I find is much better and structured. Then again, I don't know if people realize it or not... I have "Insanity" issues XD