Forums » Elder Scrolls

Is there a compelling case for why Elder Scrolls VI should be in

• Rob
    • 12 posts
    May 7, 2015 11:37 AM EDT

I like that theory... But don't you think the Dragonborn would become emperor? I mean, he is the descendant of Tiber Septim, so...

• 207 posts
    May 7, 2015 12:13 PM EDT

Yeah ESO is the child, that is such a disappointment you cut it into pieces and flush it down the toilet you are ashamed of.

• 207 posts
    May 7, 2015 12:19 PM EDT

Really i hope not. Its told to be inhospitable for anything but the masterrace.

Also i don't think most people would be fond of talking lizard everywhere, especially because most people i know who are monsters don't love Argonians find them ugly or hate them for other reasons.

And a more personal reason, I like to play as and argonian as my first char and i like to be special. And its hard to be special if everyone else is also a glorious scaled being with strong legs and a shapely tale.

• 68 posts
    May 7, 2015 12:22 PM EDT
    Yes the Dragonborn should be emperor. As far as I know it is niether confirmed or denyed that the Dragonborn is related to the Septims. The Cyrodill based empire however would more than likely not just hand the Dragonborn the crown because he/she is not in the current line of sucessicion. The Dragonborn would have to start a new empire to be emperor which I could see happening in future games. My idea of the next game would infact be laying the ground work for that very thing to happen.
    • 490 posts
    May 7, 2015 12:31 PM EDT

I fully agree that based on lore, it would not be feasable for a non-Argonian to delve deep into Black Marsh, but then again...

Cyrodiil was written to be a giant jungle and we got kind forests and hills. In terms of game mechanics, as some have pointed out, Bethesda would probably just dumb down the true lore and make it possible for other races to adventure within the borders.

• 32 posts
    May 7, 2015 1:55 PM EDT

I dont care where it is, just give me TES 6 !!

But, personally think Argonia can be made hospitable for the player, with restrictions of course. They can have an inbuilt Frostfall & Realistic Needs kind of mechanic to let you deal appropriately with the harshness of Black Marsh.

• 622 posts
    May 7, 2015 7:34 PM EDT

The Septim line ended...

• 68 posts
    May 7, 2015 7:47 PM EDT
    I was pretty sure that's what happened in Oblivion, but Bethesda hasn't officially stated how exactly the Dragonborn in Skyrim came to be Dragonborn. I think my favorite theroy on the matter is the Dragonborn in Skyrim is some how the reincarnation of Talos trying to prove his power as a divine to the Dominion. I know that the dragon blood was granted to St. Alessia and her decendents though. So more than likely the Dragonborn in Skyrim is just a decendent of hers.
    • 622 posts
    May 7, 2015 8:05 PM EDT

Yes they have... The dovahkiin is a mortal with the soul of a dragon

• 68 posts
    May 7, 2015 9:38 PM EDT
    Ok I admit to my misunderstanding of the lore of the Dragonborn. After rereading it from my understanding there are 2 types of Dragonborn. The first type are those born with Dragon blood who you could say are demi-gods of sorts because it's actually the blood of Akatosh that flows through their viens. The second type is the Dov-Ah-Kiin which are those mortals favored by Akatosh and given the soul of a dragon. The destinction of the 2 is the ability to slay a dragon and use its soul to learn words of power. From what I read the Dov-Ah-Kiin can be any mortal, but those with the blood of the dragon are the decendents of Alessia.
    • 622 posts
    May 7, 2015 9:45 PM EDT

Yup, correct!

• 68 posts
    May 7, 2015 9:55 PM EDT
    Sometimes the lore can get a little confusing for me lol. Either way it makes my initial response plausable and validates my response to Rob about the Empire not just handing the throne to the Dragonborn as he/she is not in the current line of succession and there is no longer a need for a Dragonborn Emperor since the whole point of the practice was to keep the gates of Oblivion closed by use of the Amulet of Kings which if I remember right gets destroyed in Oblivion when the gates are permanently sealed by Akatosh.
  • Rob
    • 12 posts
    May 8, 2015 4:17 PM EDT

Ooooooh, see, I thought all the Dragonborns were descended from the Septims somehow. And I know the Septim line ended, but there's a lot that could happen with that.

• 68 posts
    May 8, 2015 6:06 PM EDT
    The lore on the inhospitability of the marsh is that in the 2e I believe (maybe 1e) the Argonians created a virus that only affected non Argonians so they could get the other races to leave the marsh. During this time the marsh was home to man, mer, and Argonian. The other races were incroaching on the center of the marsh so the Argonians made the virus. It devastated the non Argonian races and killed around 90% of their populations. Those that didn't die fled the marsh and non Argonians haven't returned to settle the marsh since. Because there hasn't been a settlement of non Argonians since the release of the virus it is unknown if the effects are still present in the marsh. The reason nobody has returned is because it is currently unknown if there is anything of value in the marsh ie. ore deposits, fertile soil, and so on.
    • 22 posts
    May 13, 2015 10:39 PM EDT
    Argonia would be horrible I think. Argonians are my least favourite race and I really don't see myself playing Argonia.
    • 6 posts
    May 20, 2015 7:54 PM EDT

I don't think they'd need to combine Elsweyr and Valenwood to make a Skyrim-sized map. Daggerfall's map was over 60,000 square miles.

• 6 posts
    May 20, 2015 7:58 PM EDT

Because Skyrim took about four years to complete. Skyrim's one province. Tamriel has nine provinces. If you want all of Tamriel as the map, you'll be wairing a VERY long time for it to be released. It's not an issue of hardware not being able to run it. It's an issue of how much time it would take to accomplish. If the game were to come out in a decent amount of time, all the provinces would be seriously dumbed down, smaller, and lacking.

Quality over quantity.

• 6 posts
    May 20, 2015 8:01 PM EDT

Honestly? I don't like marshes. At all. Hjalmaarch in Skyrim? Hated it. Flotsam in the Witcher? Got out of there as soon as possible. Swamp biomes in Minecraft? I'm nowhere near them. 

• May 25, 2015 10:20 PM EDT

Yea, I would call BS on the whole Black March thing. However, I have a feeling if they were going to make an Elder Scrolls 6 it would be close to ESO. Reason being this, is that according to some books and people in Skyrim, you have the rebuild Aldermeri Dominion, Redguards, Orcs, and Bretons are still fighting with them (which may lead to a rebuild Daggerfall Covenant), and then you have the Argonians which invaded Morrowind, which mostly is destroyed from the Red Mountain, and much of the Dunmer live in Skyrim where the Nords hate them both. So I don't see a Ebony Heart Pact anytime soon. Could be an all out war. Or even a fight for the throne to become Emperor! Even though Oblivion was shut, the throne was made for a Dragonborn! We'll see what happens if they make it. Personally, I would love to see the Dwemer some how return and you can be able to play one!

• 133 posts
    May 26, 2015 11:02 AM EDT
    Me too!!!

But I do like Argonians aswell.
    • 5 posts
    May 26, 2015 12:47 PM EDT

hey you forgot one little key event that happens in EVERY TES game.... starting off as a prisoner