Forums » Elder Scrolls

Explain to me why Argonians don't SUCK....

• 367 posts
    May 5, 2015 9:15 PM EDT

I don't dump elves in one group.... I dump anyone that's not an Argonian or a Werewolf in one group.

• 75 posts
    May 5, 2015 9:19 PM EDT

Argonians hiss pathetically -3-

• May 5, 2015 9:20 PM EDT
    Pretty sure they hiss. Although the larger ones probably roar, I mean they are mammoth sized.
    • 33 posts
    May 5, 2015 9:59 PM EDT
    I was like you until recently, I was like wtf, is this weird green thing no I'm not playing it, but then I chaneged the presets and let me tell you the black argonians with red hair feathers and horns look badass, on top of that you get to name it Kobra, cannibalism seems more realistic(ring of namira), and the hist skin is an emergency button, the only thing that bothers me is the tail, if I was pc I would use the mod Thant makes tail armors
    • 622 posts
    May 5, 2015 10:56 PM EDT

Argonians or Khajiit? Argonians were shown roaring in an ESO trailer and they mostly hiss too 

• May 5, 2015 11:08 PM EDT
    Yeah, that was a bit unclear. I meant Khajiit.
    • 367 posts
    May 6, 2015 4:59 AM EDT

Only when you stamp on their tails. Poor, poor puddy cat.

• 367 posts
    May 6, 2015 4:59 AM EDT

you say that when they Hsssss in your ear.

• 224 posts
    May 6, 2015 5:17 AM EDT

Argonians are like Reptilian Aliens, isn't?

• 295 posts
    May 6, 2015 5:28 AM EDT

Yeah, when I was doing my research for my story blog on an Altmer that survived the Crystal Tower, I was like "dang", that's incredible when I read how Black Marsh handled the Oblivion Crisis. The Altmer did not fare nearly so well. 

And yet, at the same time, the Dunmer made slaves out of them, so Imma like, you can single-handedly ward off Daedric hordes, yet for some reason, a bunch of Elves can enslave your people? A strange inconsistency, at least to me. 

I've played a few Argonians. They are cool to play. I may get out of my current Altmer rut and give an Argonian a playthrough with the Requiem overhaul. 

• 43 posts
    May 6, 2015 8:47 AM EDT

There are plenty of things I do not like about playing as an Argonian, or anything with a tail for that matter. The one obvious reason being you can see their tail poking out when you're wearing armor (nothing is more intimidating than a furry cat tail poking out from a set of glorious Daedric Armor)

Also, it really makes no difference to play as any race you want in Skyrim. Being an Argonian does not offer you any different quests or options than any of the other races. You're basically a giant lizard man/woman  that can breathe under water.

• 65 posts
    May 6, 2015 9:08 AM EDT

Actually just to shut everyone up, argonians don't hiss and khajiit don't meow or roar they both fucking speak english. Argonians also use their native tongue Jel.

• 65 posts
    May 6, 2015 9:09 AM EDT

Another thing I think both argonians and khajiit are stupid, I mean for christ sake argonians worship trees and khajiit worship moons. Plus I'm not a cat person.