Forums » The Lounge

What are you doing this weekend?

• 773 posts
    May 1, 2015 11:00 AM EDT

Yeah, just what it says on the tin.

It's the weekend. A holiday weekend here in the UK as well. What are you doing this weekend?

I'm going out to the theatre this evening with my wife, to see the musical 'Jersey Boys' - its a show about the story of Frankie Valli and is supposed to be excellent.

Tomorrow we'll have a bit of a lie-in, then I think we're going to a garden centre to get compost (I live an exciting life) and we'll probably go to the coffee shop whilst we're there! On Sunday I'm going to watch my team. the Bradford Bulls play Sheffield Eagles in the afternoon.

In between it'll be chilling out, watching some TV etc. We always get a broadsheet newspaper and enjoy poring over the various sections and supplements (a weekend treat).

What are your plans? 

• 179 posts
    May 1, 2015 11:39 AM EDT

Today I relax and watch movies. Tomorrow, I attend my commencement ceremony (since I still have one summer class left, I haven't actually graduated yet, but commencement only happens at the end of the spring and fall semesters), pack up some of my stuff and go back to my parent's house, and attend a graduation party. Sunday, I'll hopefully get to hang out with one of my friends. It should be a good weekend. :)

• 38 posts
    May 1, 2015 11:49 AM EDT
    I believe the Vegas odds are heavily stacked aginst Manny, they are betting on anything and everything in this fight, bookies are even taking bets on first cross thrown, hook, knock downs, first penalty call, and a ton of crap i never even heard of betting on and every odd is aginst Manny i believe . I'm a mma fan so i doubt i will shell out the 100$ for that fight, although I would love to see Mayweather get aniliated I might watch it at Buffalo wild wings if i can get a seat and they have it.
    • 19 posts
    May 1, 2015 11:57 AM EDT

Just upgraded my internet, going to work on a science project, study for my double sciences, and just chill. You know, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Skyrim, music, reading, Dota 2.

Oh and church on Sunday lol 

I might also start buying parts to build my PC that I'm getting for my birthday this coming Wednesday =P 

• 1217 posts
    May 1, 2015 11:58 AM EDT

I did my usual weekend activity yesterday and saw the Avengers. Now the rest of the weekend will be spent working and gaming, assuming Xbox Live behaves itself.

• 966 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:02 PM EDT

Going to the Dutch Cup final this sunday, I hope for another 5-1 but I fear it won't be that easy.

Sateruday is basically mentally preparing for the final..AKA getting drunk.

• 367 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:11 PM EDT

Working. Friday work, Sat at work, Sun at work. Monday....Work. Tuesday I'm off... Wed back to work.

• 92 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:16 PM EDT

The "red guy" is Vision, originally conceived in the 1930s. His red color and his nature as an android was a Stan Lee thing in 1968.

Ultron's ability to access networks started when, well, when networks were created. In the mid-1990s, Ultron infected the U.S. Defense Department network and had to be removed from there. 

I read far too many comics as a kid. 

• 131 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:19 PM EDT

Friday plans are always simple it's the end of the week and time to catch up on LOTS of lost sleep due to my work schedule. After that it's wrapping up on a project I've decided to dedicate myself to and start doing some writing seeing as I finally have ideas written down. Tomorrow will be the lay around and do nothing productive except continue digging the anti-social hole I started many eons ago (still ain't done...). Sunday I'll be out volunteering at church running our equipment bright and early before grudgingly going back to sleep for work...

Suddenly I realize how little I actually do on the weekends, no wonder they fly by.

• 92 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:25 PM EDT

Btw, I loved the scene during the credits. I was waiting for <SPOILER> to show up.

• 367 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:29 PM EDT

When you say writing, is that for your project or is that about Willow? Thats a great start for a great story you've got.

• 1217 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:32 PM EDT

Same thing they do in the comics, same thing they do in Terminator, in the Matrix, in Transformers, in X-Men, 9, Mass Effect. It was definitely better handled than the first Avengers' "blow up the mothership and all the subordinates die" cop-out. But I'd say you've got it pretty good if that was one of the worst superhero movies you've seen.

• 1217 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:33 PM EDT

It's just what bad robots do. Copy themselves and infect networks. They really need some shaking up.

• 1217 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:36 PM EDT

Apparently.

• 1217 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:39 PM EDT

That's a Marvel story line I'm not super familiar with, though I've enjoyed seeing them set it up. I'm really interested to see how they end up tying it all together.

• 92 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:46 PM EDT

I won't spoil it for you but look it up when you are able. His origin and ultimate plan explains a few things and ties the individual Marvel characters together. It seems like the movie is following the Avengers Assemble series which will bring the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy together. There's also rumors that X-Men will join in, but I'm not sure how they will pull that off. Technically Quicksilver is Magneto's son, so maybe that's the route they'll take. 

• 1217 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:50 PM EDT

I have a feeling they'll keep the X-Men at a distance, though with Apocalypse on the way they may find a tie-in there. Marvel's done a really good job weaving things together so far; the pay off should be something really spectacular.

• 92 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:52 PM EDT

Apocalypse and Thanos share similar abilities. Definitely spectacular.

• 1441 posts

Have fun in my family's homeland of  the Philippines Ben, what city?

• 92 posts

Seems like they are trying to follow the comic series, which does bring them together. 

EDIT: "Dude at the end of the movie" also appeared in the Guardians of the Galaxy, so they're definitely following the series.

they would only scare off Avengers fans.

Not really. Just Avengers fans who only know about them through the movies.

• 75 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:53 PM EDT

Not doing much this weekend, the highlight will be going to the pub 

• 485 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:53 PM EDT
    Should I be surprised that Ben judges movies as harshly as he does builds? I'm just glad he's not allowed to walk into a theatre with his famous ax.
    • 1217 posts
    May 1, 2015 12:58 PM EDT

And they are similarly ugly! [spectaularity intensifies]

• 1441 posts
    May 1, 2015 1:27 PM EDT

Hah, I've been told it is quite hot there by all my Filipino friends and family. Well, have fun. If you've heard of Louis Manzano (Filipino actor and host of Kapimiliya Deal or no Deal), he is my cousin. Anyway, good to see you back. You have your faults, as do we all, but you are an awesome builder

• 74 posts
    May 1, 2015 1:40 PM EDT

Today, I am working. I work into the evening, so nothing fun tonight.

Tomorrow, I am also working, but since I host wine tastings for work on Saturday evenings, it'll be a fun day.

Sunday marks the start of my very first paid vacation in my life. I shall be packing for a flight early Monday morning, and also, hopefully, preparing a home-cooked dinner for a young lady I fancy.

Should be a good weekend.