What's Your Story?

• 19 posts
    June 11, 2015 5:28 PM EDT
    We share a name =P
    Spelling is different by an n tho xD
    • 1 posts
    June 12, 2015 1:41 AM EDT

Hey all!

My name is Kieron, and I gaming has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. The only things that have been around as long are music and wrestling. I live in Torrance, California with my Fiance and am 23 years old. Aside from video games, I spend most of my time working and working out. I've recently been working on putting together a YouTube channel with some friends, and actually started a blog of my own about Skyrim[it quickly fell apart as I have very little time to post]. I'm actually a fairly long time lurker here, but I just recently posted my first Profile here a couple weeks ago. I think I'm actually gonna go work on a journal post for here right now 

• 149 posts
    June 12, 2015 2:56 AM EDT

I take it you're planning to novelize your biography sometime in the future?

• 149 posts
    June 12, 2015 3:00 AM EDT

I’m not a people person, but I love hearing people’s stories. Some are genuinely interesting.

Right, so… My name is Stephen. I was born 22 years ago in the USA, oldest son in a family of six with three younger brothers, to whom as a kid I spent too much time nagging and not enough loving. I’m an extreme introvert who lives like a bear in hibernation, minus the fat, only coming out of my cave when I feel like bringing some contribution to society (or if I need groceries). I live a very quiet life and would prefer to keep things that way. Most folks don’t get me or misunderstand my motives. I’ve come to embrace this. Even in the absence of companionship or people in general, my mind has always been more than enough to keep me entertained.

I’m a thinker. I love logic, reason, science, artistry, philosophy, or any combination of these things. Escapism for me is less of a hobby and more of a passion, though one I’ve tried to suppress in the past. Despite not knowing for years what the education system wanted from me, creating fiction and entertainment has been a constant desire in my life that’s found ways to manifest itself – from writing a story about my childhood dog as a superhero, to attempting a crappy web comic series, to making a video game. These days I embrace my hectic ADD mind along with its tendency to want to tell stories. I’m an aspiring writing with four years of college and no degree, still trying to figure out exactly what the hell I’m worth to this planet.

That’s the short of it, and I’m the only person who knows the long.

If I’ve ever wronged you at any point in time, know that I probably didn’t mean to and I sincerely feel bad about it.

And if you took the time to read this… thanks.

• 74 posts
    June 12, 2015 4:24 AM EDT

I firmly believe that no one would find it believable. That's the problem with real life: it rarely conforms to literary convention.

• 149 posts
    June 12, 2015 5:03 AM EDT

Unless that unbelievably in effect makes the story more believable. There are some things you just can't make up. XD

• 18 posts
    June 12, 2015 5:13 AM EDT

OH MY GOD
    THAT IS LIKE MY MOST QUOTED QUOTE EVER

• 394 posts
    June 12, 2015 7:37 AM EDT

Hi Todd et al.  I'm Greg, I live in a small town on the south Wales coast. I got there via north of Birmingham, Brighton, London & Essex (all UK), and  New Zealand where I was born & raised.

My biggest achievement is my part in the lives of my 5-year-old boy-girl twins. I love them to bits, & I was their stay-at-home Dad until they started school.

Main hobby? Playing Skyrim! And writing about it here. Also into TV, mainly sci-fi & fantasy - esp GoT - sports (mostly watching: rugby, cricket. tennis) , films, music, writing: my family blog and here atm. I enjoy doing things with the kids too ofc. 

• 394 posts
    June 12, 2015 7:40 AM EDT

*like*!

• 394 posts
    June 12, 2015 7:40 AM EDT

Agree with about the tag - brilliant!

• 394 posts
    June 12, 2015 7:42 AM EDT

I think I'm very like you. I also use the word 'hibernate' to describe myself. :)

• 394 posts
    June 12, 2015 7:48 AM EDT

We should a new thread: who do you hate the most: Ferguson or van Gaal? I support Newcastle: pity me!

• 237 posts
    June 12, 2015 7:52 AM EDT

I think a lot of us are very like this!  Okan, you'd make a great Wizard :]

• 394 posts
    June 12, 2015 7:54 AM EDT

That is rough: all the best mate!

It's great having places like that nearby. We're near a big country park which we go to regularly

• 394 posts
    June 12, 2015 7:58 AM EDT

How did you manage to find all those different careers? There are a lot of different skills there!

• 74 posts
    June 12, 2015 11:22 PM EDT

Desperation, blind luck, and/or family/friend connections for the most part. It helps to be a quick learner and emphasize learning and articulating transferable skills. If you've got good language and customer service skills, and competence with basic computer use a lot of companies will often overlook other lacking skills and be willing to train, at least for entry level positions.

• 62 posts
    June 12, 2015 11:45 PM EDT
    I guess I'll bite on this, although I've just been lurking for the past few months. (:

My name is Jesse. I'm 18, and live near Tampa, FL. I just finished my freshman year in college! I'm a Christian. I'm working in a lumber mill for the summer, oddly enough (family connection), but I'm a Vocal Performance/PreMed student deciding between PA school and medical school.

Hobbies? Video games, of course, plus... Archery, disc golf, musical theatre, speech and debate, reading, everything music, and spending time with my wonderful girlfriend. Oh, and spending way top much time catching up on everything I missed while away from this site!
    • 62 posts
    June 12, 2015 11:49 PM EDT
    Stephen, you sound like a fascinating guy. I enjoyed reading your story. If you ever need someone to bounce ideas off of, or just need someone to read something you're writing, let me know. I'd be more than happy to talk.
    • 62 posts
    June 12, 2015 11:56 PM EDT
    Music, eh?? We should chat sometime. I'd love to talk to you. I'm currently loving being involved in music programs in college. Good luck with finishing your accounting degree!
    • 62 posts
    June 13, 2015 12:02 AM EDT
    Wow, Nate. I have a friend whose life has been almost that interesting, if not that varied, but still not up to par with yours. Unfortunately, my life is rather more normal.
    • 18 posts
    June 13, 2015 12:26 AM EDT

Well, I'm Gabe, and I'm 17 and a senior in high school in Sacramento, California. I'm actually more of a Nintendo fanboy in terms of games, TES is my favorite series, but it's pretty much the only non-nintendo series I'm into. Other being pretty into Smash, Zelda, Pokemon, and Mario, (and TES, obviously) I'm not a super hardcore gamer. What really grabbed me about TES was the sheer depth of the universe. It felt so real that I couldn't help but imagine characters and stories taking place in it. I'm also a big hip hop head, mostly into underground stuff from late 90s and early 2000s, and some classic stuff. I really love writing hip hop, and it's something I never want to stop doing but I know not may people can make a living from it. If that doesn't pan out, I'd love to work in education, journalism, or some kind of activism. I currently volunteer 5 days a week at a school for homeless youth, and during my junior year I was an tutor/intern for a one-on-one elementary-level reading program called Reading Partners. I was born to an English teacher and an actress, and my girlfriend is being published in a writing magazine, (so proud! also a little intimidated) so I guess I'll inevitably end up involved in academia somehow. I never really pinned down whether I was an extrovert or introvert, because I'm just trash at small talk, but become very sociable when I get into a stimulating conversation. At parties, I'm usually a wallflower when I first get there, but I find my groove once I find someone to talk to. Other than that, I also love climbing trees/rooftops. I really don't know why, it's just a lot of fun. So yeah, 17,  love hip hop, reading, writing, conversating, gaming, and climbing. 

• 743 posts
    June 13, 2015 12:26 AM EDT

I'm a MLG pro COD gamer that sits on my butt eating Doritos, drinking Mountain Dew, and wrecking some noobs.

• 743 posts
    June 13, 2015 12:40 AM EDT

" I'm just trash at small talk, but become very sociable when I get into a stimulating conversation."

Sounds a lot like me, Gabe.

• 113 posts
    June 13, 2015 1:19 AM EDT

My story has yet to be written. Until then there is no tale to tell. 

• 74 posts
    June 13, 2015 4:17 AM EDT

I take after my grandfather. He was a boxer, cop, hardware store owner, sheet metal worker, soldier (WWII), bricklayer, and construction foreman. Then he tried retiring, but couldn't handle it so he became a chef and event coordinator for a few years. He tried 'retiring' again by buying a horse farm and boarding horses. Then oil was discovered on the farm. He actually let a small oil company install and manage the wells for a leasing fee and royalties, but he was very hands-on with their operations on his property almost until he died a couple years ago.

Did I mention he lived to 101 and only really declined (rapidly) in his last year?

I have a lot to live up to.