Forums » Elder Scrolls

Funniest/Stupidest thing that happened to you while playing an E

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    April 30, 2015 3:14 PM EDT

I remember my first time playing Skyrim. First time playing an Elder Scrolls game (I was a poor kid and didn't get many videogames). Walked into Riverwood, killed a chicken with flames, and proceeded to get attacked by the entire town until I loaded to an earlier autosave.

Also spent half an hour (well, more, but I fell asleep) trying to figure out the door puzzle at Bleak Falls before realizing the combination was on the claw.

• 4 posts
    April 30, 2015 5:00 PM EDT

I was playing the game for the first time and at the beginning of the game in Helgen, I was oblivious that my character had no armor on and I was on expert difficulty... So I tried to pet Alduin... and it took me a looooong time to ever take the chance of being lit on fire again. I think I've been scarred.

• 168 posts
    April 30, 2015 5:16 PM EDT

1) My horse attacks a dragon without fear but runs a mile from a wolf.

2) I cast paralyze spell on a running bear and it started flying and twisting like crazy in all directions, then the beast died from the fall. And imagine that some noobs say that Alteration spells are all useless and wear a daedric armor set on their pure mages...

3) I exit the Wolfskull cave and found a dead dragon right in front of me and I got its soul. Later on the same dead dragon is found on Solitude.

4) Lars asks me to do something about Braith. My solution: I killed her parents for being too soft with her. Yeah, I can also be mean, just like her and I was so thrilled when she said that she hates me forever and ever and ever

5) I did Ondolemar's quest and later on he appeared on my wedding

6) I killed 2 vampire scouts when I left fort Dawnguard and unexpectedly I got a bounty of 1000 on Whiterun.

• 47 posts
    April 30, 2015 5:29 PM EDT

I once entered Solitude for the first time at night and vampires attacked. Everyone in the town (including Roggvir) attacked the vampires.

• Tim
    • 92 posts
    April 30, 2015 5:40 PM EDT
    One time at the end of the quest where you find Narfi's sister, I talked to the bartender and he started talking in Narfi's voice and ended the quest. It was very scary.
    • 40 posts
    April 30, 2015 5:55 PM EDT

thats hillarious!

• 739 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:14 PM EDT

The 'Hired Thugs' create the best funny/stupid events in Skyrim, those guys are major drongo's....

I loved Pontys old 'SEAL team' story...

...they just turn up at the most ludicrous times, often during 'Dragon Rising' I'd be close to death and exhausted from chasing the beast about and I'll see them off in the distance plodding slowly towards me picking lavender...

The fact that they're such persistant little buggers means that they can basically intrude on any quest if given the opportunity...

ALDUIN: "Sovngarde is MINE!!!"
    DOVAHKIIN: "Never!!!!!!"
    HIRED THUG: "We're here to teach you a lesson!!"

?????????????????????????

• 367 posts
    April 30, 2015 7:24 PM EDT

I can't remember which place it was but I think it was when you rescue a hagraven. The place was full of them but Aela and myself were undeterred. When we eventualy got to the end and killed the final hag, I stood on a long platform overlooking the western mountainside when Aela came up behind me and pushed me off. SPLAT!!!! Thanks for that you Bit**. (It's alright we've made up since then).

• 203 posts
    April 30, 2015 8:24 PM EDT

Oh yeah, that door... I managed to open it without the claw by making up some whacko theory about the carvings on the walls and that other guy's journal. It took me the better part of an hour, then my younger brother walks in, all excited that I got the last Elder scrolls game (we had some good memories from oblivion). I explain to him what I just did, he laughs and tells me the combination is on the claw... That's when I remembered the journal said the answer was in the palm of his hand... Guess who I didn't allow to play on my newly bought game for the next two weeks just out of spite?

• 68 posts
    April 30, 2015 9:05 PM EDT
    Well didn't happen to me, but my buddy was telling me about something that happend to him last night. He did the Pale Blade quest and Inocence Lost right after. He was trying to get a room in an Inn to start with Dark Brotherhood, but every bed in every Inn was owned so he couldn't use them. On top of that all towns folk in every hold just started attacking him for no reason. He finally got out in the country side to save his game and when he reloaded it this morning for no reason everything he bought, sold, looted, and all gold he's had the whole game just started showing back up in his inventory as stollen. As soon as he got to Whiterun he got busted for stealing all of it. It was pretty funny for me to see lol.
    • 27 posts
    May 1, 2015 3:40 AM EDT

Alduin killed me three times in helgan (sameplay through) once by landing on me by the wall

Being executed by a Dawnguard firing squad when I walked outside my house in Falkreath

• 4 posts
    May 1, 2015 7:57 AM EDT
    I remember the first time i played on skyrim in french(I couldn't change the language). Well i went to a camp with loads of stormcloaks and the captain asked me something. I thought i said something like this:
    -I would gladly join you
    However it turned out that i said something bad and next thing i knew all of the stormcloaks including the horses started attacking me and as a bonus two giants appeared and tried to kill me as well.
    • 64 posts
    May 1, 2015 2:11 PM EDT

I did the literal inverse of  number 6; I killed two Dawnguard members just outside Castle Volkihar and got a bounty of 1000 in Whiterun o_O.

I also got attacked by a bounty collector for a nonexistent 1200 gold bounty. Seriously, I went to each hold capital and talked to the guards. Nothing

• 64 posts
    May 1, 2015 2:17 PM EDT

One time I was doing the quest where you find the Sybil of Dibella and after I freed the girl, I ran towards the door when I heard a rune explosion and literally yelled out loud "WHAT THE F*CK" before noticing I was alive and it was the kid who stepped on the rune. Damn invincible children...

• 40 posts
    May 1, 2015 2:31 PM EDT

dommage!

• 2 posts
    May 1, 2015 4:07 PM EDT

Dude the dragon thing happened to me too.

• 40 posts
    May 2, 2015 3:18 AM EDT

Followers + Traps = Benny Hill

(not my video but ive seen it happen to followers and mobs)

• 4 posts
    May 2, 2015 4:46 AM EDT
    I actually forgot about something that happened to me in skyrim. I was in whiterun when sudenly the walls disapeared and only the gate remained. I decided to go in the gap where the walls should be and then i was outside of whiterun without having to wait for the loading screen. However when i stepped out everything was only green or brown and there was no detail,like the sea,totally weird
    • 4 posts
    May 2, 2015 5:06 AM EDT
    I got stuck between a coffin door and a wall in castle Volkihar...
    • 4 posts
    May 2, 2015 5:18 AM EDT
    Oh he gods! I too have suffered from the dawnguard firing sqaud...
    I has inside the Nightgate(?) Inn when I walked outside BAM,
    three dawnguard members, crossbow raised, shot me dead.

To be fair I wasn't wearing my armor then but still