Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dragonborn in TES VI?

• 68 posts
    April 28, 2015 5:15 PM EDT
    I like speculating about the next game in a series and I've come up with another question. So here goes, will the Dragonborn be the first hero to make a return in the next game and if so what role will the Dragonborn play? I do realize that The Hero of Kvatch may hold this honor because there was the posibility of him becoming Sheo at the end of Shimmering Isles DLC, but that hasn't been confirmed as lore canon as it's a player choice. So what does the blog think, maybe an Ebony Warrior like appearance where the Dragonborn challenges the player at a certain lvl? Or maybe the Dragonborn will be the new emporer? Or will Bethesda pull another 200 year leap so the Dragonborn doesn't have to be involved in TES VI?
    • 50 posts
    April 28, 2015 5:17 PM EDT
    As a playable character, he will not. However, I would like to, as the Greybeards said, able to learn shouts without being the Dragonborn.
    • 1595 posts
    April 28, 2015 5:20 PM EDT

I don't think TES VI will be set too far ahead of 4E 201. The Aldmeri Dominion story arc needs completing so it'll be close in time to TES V I reckon. As for the Dovahkiin, I think he or she will be referenced but I doubt they'll make an actual appearance.

• 68 posts
    April 28, 2015 5:23 PM EDT
    I don't think shouts will be in next game due to them being introduced as a unique power pertaining to the story of Skyrim. It would be an interesting twist to make The Dragonborn a greybeard able to train the player in shouts though, but I think this is highly unlikely since the greybeards never leave high hrothgar and the next game will probably not be in Skyrim.
    • 68 posts
    April 28, 2015 5:30 PM EDT
    It's one of those unique situations where they make a character that is so op nothing can stop them, but you give the player so much customization choice you may not be able to include the character in the next game. I mean once they lable the Dragonborn's race and gender it makes Skyrim less fun.
    • 622 posts
    April 28, 2015 5:39 PM EDT

Won't happen. The protagonist of a previous TES game has NEVER appeared in the next game.

• 1595 posts
    April 28, 2015 5:43 PM EDT

You could argue the CoC appeared in Skyrim...

• 68 posts
    April 28, 2015 5:53 PM EDT
    I concede that point to you; however, we're not talking about just any protagonist. This is a character that was so well recieved that many people have played Skyrim as there first game in the series and some haven't played any other games in the series. Not to mention in order to not have the character involved you'd have to kill him off somehow or pull a Neravarine move where he just leaves Tamriel never to be seen or heard from again.
    • 622 posts
    April 28, 2015 5:56 PM EDT

A flawed argument. He will be referenced, but will not be in the game. No other protagonist appears after their game.

• 68 posts
    April 28, 2015 6:27 PM EDT
    It's not a flawed argument when you think in terms of business. I don't know actual numbers, but let's just go with this conservative example. Say Bethesda sold 1 million copies of Skyrim, of that probably half have never played a TES game before Skyrim so that's 500 thousand first timers to the series, of that half didn't go back to play other games in the series so that's 250 thousand that only played Skyrim and a fourth of your target auidence for the next game. At $60 per game that's $15 million in sales lost by not having the Dragonborn in the next game. Those are concervative numbers, I'm sure the actual numbers are far greater which as a business major I can say it would make very little since to not include the Dragonborn in the next game in some sort of capacity. It could just be a simple conversation that mentions the Dragonborn or a full story arc, but there has to be more than a book like Bethesda has done so far.
    • 622 posts
    April 28, 2015 6:35 PM EDT

It has nothing to do with money, bruh. It's lore. They sold many copies of Oblivion, but we barely get a reference to the CoC. Same goes with Oblivion, barley a mention of the Neravine.

• 68 posts
    April 28, 2015 7:08 PM EDT
    Ok on a lore stand point the heros from Arena and Daggerfall are presumed dead by the start of the next game. The Nerevarine leaves Tamriel and is never seen or heard from again. The Hero of Kvatch is presumably Sheo in Skyrim so he would be the first protagonist to make a return in the series. As for them not getting mentions Daggerfall created a Dragonbreak so it's quite possible that nobody remembers the hero. The Nerevarine just left and since the storyline was in Morrowind it stands to reason only the Dummer would know about him. Oblivion took place 200 years before Skyrim so most NPCs would no longer care about the events or the hero. If the next game is set within 50 years of Skyrim the Dragonborn would still be fresh in the memory of NPCs and quite possibly still alive.
    • 10 posts
    April 29, 2015 2:36 PM EDT

At the end of shivering isles for oblivion the hero of kvatch becomes sheogorath wich also happens to be sheogorath in skyrim.

• 10 posts
    April 29, 2015 2:39 PM EDT

In oblivion the hero of kvatch can overhear npc's stating at the nerevarine is on an expedition in akavir.