Forums » Elder Scrolls

Most Damage You've Done Legitimately?

• 50 posts
    April 27, 2015 9:21 PM EDT
    After seeing some underpowered and overpowered builds, I'm curious.
    Mine is:
    Fireguard- Nordic Warhammer- 451 Damage, 31 points of Fire Damage, and Fear.
    Enchanting- 100, all perks
    Smithing- 100, all perks
    Two Handed- 100, Emphasis on Armor Penetrating perks.
    Edit: That 31 fire damage adds ON to the war hammer, making it 481 Damage.
    • 1913 posts
    April 27, 2015 10:49 PM EDT

.... mine is 72...

• 201 posts
    April 27, 2015 11:11 PM EDT
    274, Dual wielding maces
    • 50 posts
    April 27, 2015 11:20 PM EDT
    OH, I forgot to add I had fortify smithing and fortify two handed :p
    • 1467 posts
    April 27, 2015 11:47 PM EDT

Let's see. I'm going to guess legitimately means no Fortify Restoration Potion Looping... My max was probably 259 with a Bound Bow (While bashing). I simply used the Bashing Perks, Fortify Marksman Potions and Marked for Death (single use, full time duration).

Seems pretty legit to me, though defining legitimate is quite difficult

• 485 posts
    April 28, 2015 12:09 AM EDT

I dont know about single hit damage, but I did manage a high enough DPS to kill Shadowmere with steel smithing and enchanting for 1handed damage. 

• 15 posts
    April 28, 2015 2:46 AM EDT
    I have a couple:
    Berserkersrage + sneak attack + backstab + db gloves + dual wielding (fully perked) + 100 damage ebony dagger... Here's the math:
    100*2 = 200
    200*30 = 6000
    6000*0.5 + 6000 = 9000 damage in one single hit...

The other one is a heavily enchanted salthrim sword:
    I don't know how I got this number but the enchantment said "50% chance to deal 350 damage of fire, frost and shock"... In other words 50% chance to deal 1050 dmg
    • 189 posts
    April 28, 2015 3:12 AM EDT

Let's get technical, technical. I wanna get technical ...

For the purposes of "legitimacy", let's assume you mean no necromage/vampirism, no armor stacking, and no potion looping. Pretty much anything else should be fair game, yeah? I'm also going to disregard Marked for Death, purely because if you had enough patience, you could just keep repeating it for hours and then do a single attack that does 100,000+ damage....

Physical Damage:

• Dragonbone Dagger (god, those things are hideous)
    • Tempered under the effects of optimized Smithing potion and gear
    • Shrouded Gloves
    • Assassin's Blade perk
    • Berserker Rage
    • Custom potion of Fortify Archery & One-handed (crafted with max custom Alchemy enchanted gear and Seeker of Shadows)
    • Sneak power attack
    • Critical Charge perk active
    • Critical hit
    • Seeker of Might active
    • Agent of Dibella active
    • Lover's Insight active

Poisons active:

• Weakness to Magic (applied beforehand)
    • Weakness to Shock (applied beforehand)
    • Weakness to Fire (applied beforehand)
    • Weakness to Poison (applied beforehand)
    • Damage Health
    • Ravage Health
    • Lingering Damage Health

Enchantments:

• Chaos Damage, buffed by all applicable means (see this article for details)
    • Frost Damage, also buffed by all applicable means (better than Fire or Shock because you should be using a Stalhrim weapon for the extra 25% damage)

Play on Novice difficulty for the extra damage, if you want to be technical.... Unless I'm forgetting any other abilities, tricks, etc., this should be the setup that yields the maximum damage you can get.

I don't know the exact amount of damage you'd get, all told, but I'd guess it's around 15,000+ if you've done it all properly. Maybe over 20,000 even.

• 1913 posts
    April 28, 2015 7:43 AM EDT

Y'all in the triple digits... I have had only 72...

• 95 posts
    April 28, 2015 9:18 AM EDT

If that had Fiery Soul Trap, then it would work with one of my newest creations.. But since it doesn't... I see this weapon will chew up way to many of my soul gems.

• 95 posts
    April 28, 2015 9:21 AM EDT

With all your perks mentioned and an extra set without any other boosts from alchemy or enchanted armor or jewlery

Name: Chaotic Hammer

Damage: 125

Warhammer: The Longhammer

Enchantment: Over 300 Chaos Damage, Over 101 Fire Damage and Soul Trap for 2 seconds

Destruction: Augmented Fire, Frost AND Shock 2/2

This all adds up to around 526 per swing with a 30% sing speed boost on top of that.

Berserk Rage from an Orc (The race I use most) Makes it 631 Damage per swing.

• 1483 posts
    April 28, 2015 9:29 AM EDT

Interesting on how you all remember the exact numbers. I don't remember any numbers from my custom weapons.

My next character will have quite high damage per hit... 

• 1483 posts
    April 28, 2015 10:35 AM EDT

Yeah, I thought to mention you in the comment but forgot  

And I'd love for someone to post a picture with a Long Bow, Practice Arrows and Jarrin Root poison of the highest magnitude 

• 47 posts
    April 28, 2015 10:58 AM EDT

If I remember correctly, each augment element perk powers up chaos damage.

• 68 posts
    April 28, 2015 2:22 PM EDT
    After doing the calculations I'm at 608 possibly more depending exactly how damage calculates in game. That's a Dragonbone bow full enhanced to legendary, base output of 115. A shock enchament for plus 31, overdraw at lvl 3 for plus 60 percent, deadly aim for 3 times damage with sneak attack, and Dragonbone arrows with 25 damage.
    • 1595 posts
    April 28, 2015 2:33 PM EDT

Dreadbringer. Bringing dread since '11.

• 14 posts
    April 28, 2015 2:38 PM EDT
    Ive done...zero...(clicks on enemy types kill) XD, seriously tho i think the most ive done is around 317.
    • 68 posts
    April 28, 2015 2:52 PM EDT
    Oops forgot about plus 40 percent archery enchantment on my gauntlets so if arrows don't count into multipliers I'm at 746. If arrows count in multiplier I'm at 871. Not sure how damage calculates with bows, but it's enough to pretty much drop anything in one shot with sneak attack.
    • 64 posts
    April 28, 2015 3:13 PM EDT

The highest is 1440 (which is nothing compared to most other people), though this is through sneak attacks+crit charge-silent roll exploit+Ancient DB gloves+Assassin's Blade+Armsman maxed out

• 50 posts
    April 28, 2015 3:55 PM EDT
    Holy Crap... I thought I was in the legit major leagues....
    • 95 posts
    April 28, 2015 10:19 PM EDT

Indeed I always do, that way it can be used with my combo of Necromage, Secret of Arcana and Soul Siphon when the charges run low when I fight creatures like Draugur and other animals that way I can recharge it for absolutely no issue for 45 seconds. XD

• 50 posts
    April 30, 2015 6:39 PM EDT
    Small bump here. Does augmented flames affect self enchanted weapons AFTER they are enchanted?
  • April 30, 2015 6:41 PM EDT

Yes. Another note: Augmented *element* doesn't only affect self-enchanted weapons, it affects found ones too.

• 50 posts
    April 30, 2015 7:31 PM EDT
    I'd know the found enchantments part. Thanks for the info on the augmented elements!