Forums » Elder Scrolls

Redeeming What Was Once Lost.

• 50 posts
    April 26, 2015 11:09 PM EDT
    So, after reaching level 101 in skyrim, killing all the bosses, and becoming an evil overlord, I feel my character's reign of terror and longed attempts at world domination need to cease, and he shall seek redemption. So, what would be a good idea for turning my necromantic, dread-wielding monster back into a crusader?
    • 201 posts
    April 26, 2015 11:21 PM EDT
    Settle down with a lady...
    Or drop everything and become a priest of Akatosh...
    or become a Vigilant of Stendarrs...
    • 93 posts
    April 26, 2015 11:23 PM EDT

Years of therapy.

No, but really, what do you think would make him reconsider? I mean, if he's at the top of his game, ruling the world- whychange? Does he feel he's hurting the little people? That he feels empty inside because he has no one to share his achievements with? He realizes no one likes him bc they only fear/hate him? Like once you figure that out, you can go from there

• 50 posts
    April 26, 2015 11:24 PM EDT
    1) Can't do that, being the sick overlord I was I killed my wife :p
    2) Never thought of that. Might give it a try.
    3) Oooh, Crusader Hunters that kill undead overlords! Me like!
    • 41 posts
    April 26, 2015 11:26 PM EDT

This is cliche as all hell, but... overthrown by his generals/whatevers and assumed to be dead?

• 50 posts
    April 26, 2015 11:26 PM EDT
    You know what, that could fit in with what I've been doing like a glove. I've been roleplaying that my character needs lots of soul gems to stay oh so powerful. Perhaps the whispers that drove him mad, could be the whispers that turned him sane.
    • 50 posts
    April 26, 2015 11:30 PM EDT
    I could make that work out. I could give all my soul gems to my followers, come back a few months later, kill them, because the gems have corrupted them, take the gems, and cast them into the Aetherium Forge or Sea of Ghosts... Though it'd suck having Demi-God Ghosts right below the College of Winterhold...
  • April 27, 2015 12:31 AM EDT

1st Idea) You need someone to defeat you. Someone powerful, who will give a good "The Reason You Suck" speech, or perhaps someone who reflects something you once tried to become (if you ever did). Someone to wake you from the nightmarish power lust you've driven yourself into (if you have one). If your darkness comes from power this is a possibility. You would, of course, just make this up but yea it's still an idea.

2nd Idea) Another idea to start is just to reflect. Look at this world you've conquered. Sitting on your throne/in your home/on the battlefield, Think about things. What reason do you have to try to control it? To destroy it? What of all the people in your life that you've befriended/helped/etc.? What if they refuse to bow/follow you? What of the ones that have? Will you slaughter them in fury or in royal disgust? What fuels your reign of terror and your desires of world domination?

• 41 posts
    April 27, 2015 12:44 AM EDT
    The more that I think about it, the more I think that fighting your followers could be awesome! You said you've killed all the game's bosses, now it's time for you to make your own custom bosses.

Outfit them with some heavy-duty smithed/enchanted gear, take them somewhere super dramatic like the Throat of the World or the Soul Cairn, crank up the difficulty, and battle it out!
    • 50 posts
    April 27, 2015 12:49 AM EDT
    YOU ARE A GENIOUS.
    • 50 posts
    April 27, 2015 12:50 AM EDT
    This does seem like a good idea. I could tie this in with some of the other ideas, maybe as an epilogue of sorts.
    • 41 posts
    April 27, 2015 12:53 AM EDT
    I'm getting so excited just imagining it. You've gotta do this!
    • 50 posts
    April 27, 2015 1:08 AM EDT
    I sure as hell am. Corrupted Warriors, here I (we) come!
    Also, if you ask, I could put your character into the mix. Judging by that Argonian Profile Picture, I probably could get Derkeethus in the mixup.
    • 41 posts
    April 27, 2015 1:20 AM EDT
    Heh, it's fine. I thought of a few more cool and dramatic "arenas" you could use, though: Blackreach, the Aetherium Forge, one of the Black Books, maybe even the Katariah if you killed the Emperor.

Be sure to tell me how it goes when you end up doing it!
    • 50 posts
    April 27, 2015 1:25 AM EDT
    Followers can't go into black books, sadly.
    Destroyed the DB
    BUT
    Funny you say Blackreach. This was one of my ideal places for my character to have discovered the "corrupted gems". The AF also seems good, though I'll have to resist the urge not to Fus Ro Dah anyone into the lava. Perhaps we could PM for more ideas?
    • 41 posts
    April 27, 2015 1:31 AM EDT
    Forgot about that, oh well. I'll PM you more tomorrow, I'd like to see this thing through. Sent you a friend request, I've got to go for tonight.
  • April 27, 2015 5:22 AM EDT

Basically, since you know your char, you just need something good enough to make your character think and question himself.

A good example would be my char. I'm going to make a Redux of my char Blackblood after he obtained all the powers of Vampirism, Lycanthropy, Dragon Blood and the Daedric arts, driving him insane with power and bloodlust, then have an Argonian hero stop him in the height of his power, losing it in the proccess. No power = no super psycho. And then more stuff involving Elder Scroll shenans but you get the idea.

Basically you need your own Phoenix Wright to come in and say "Objection!!"

• 116 posts
    April 27, 2015 7:16 AM EDT
    I like the idea having to attack your former generals and allies. And along the lines of corrupted soul gems, you could roleplay that your generals had betrayed you and captured part of your soul and ridden you off as dead. Being a dragonborn they did not fully kill you but with stealing part of your soul you are no longer able to utilize shouts. But at the same time the corruption within you has been cleared, and now this is a mission of redemption.
    Sounds like a fun roleplay idea, might have to give this a try as well
    • 168 posts
    April 27, 2015 3:54 PM EDT

A good idea is to do all the Daedric quest but instead of finishing their quests you would fail them or choose the good ending such as destroying the Skull of Corruption, refuse to kill Silus, lure the priest of Arkay to Namira's feast but kill the cannibals instead, turn the Azura Star into Black Star and kill Logrolf instead of luring him to Molag-Balls. But if you have some or all Daedric artifacts you can cast them into the lava of the Aetherium Forge as a symbol that you are no more their champion as well as preventing them to seek another one to do their bidding and offering their artifacts as a reward.

• 50 posts
    April 27, 2015 6:18 PM EDT
    I love this idea. Putting me on the mortal plane to fight my subjects evenly... Well, as even as them and my smithing can get :p
    • 95 posts
    April 28, 2015 9:45 AM EDT

The Vigilant's of Stendarr got their entire hall obliterated by literally TWO vampires during the attack... Does an order that weak really deserve resurrection? I have also attacked the Vigilant's before and eradicated them without any trouble at all.

If anything, I would forsake everything and fight against the Ebony Warrior and make sure we both die at the same exact time. I do this every build and it makes me happy. 

• 1441 posts
    April 28, 2015 11:43 AM EDT
    Perhaps he feels remorse, remembering his lfe prior to it, and we to return to it, so he fakes his demise' and lives out his life as a holy warrior, atoning for his sins?