Forums » The Lounge

What do you do for Fun?

• 1467 posts
    April 25, 2015 8:08 AM EDT

Probably been done before but I feel this is a time where we need happiness and fun all around. So what do you like to do in your free time (other then play Skyrim I hope). 

Personally I'm a big fan of writing and reading. If I'm not working or doing that education thing people talk about, I'm either reading or writing, or playing Basketball I guess.

• 130 posts
    April 25, 2015 8:30 AM EDT

I enjoy tabletop roleplaying games, acting, writing and reading. I like pretty much anything that allows me to step out of my own skin and become someone else.

• 4 posts
    April 25, 2015 8:39 AM EDT
    I like writing,mostly fantasy,reading and also drawing.
    • 627 posts
    April 25, 2015 8:40 AM EDT

I'd have to say that I enjoy sleeping, drawing (that should be obvious), eating, cooking (more accurately baking, cakes are nice), seeing other people smiling (I'm serious), reading, sleeping (it's very important to me)... speaking of which I think I'll do some sleeping now 

• 1467 posts
    April 25, 2015 8:46 AM EDT

Sleeping is a good one damn, if I say it now then it looks like I'm copying you

• Rob
    • 12 posts
    April 25, 2015 11:03 AM EDT

I do small-time acting and singing, I like reading and I'm a high-school rugby player. I also like playing TES games on the weekends when my schedule is slightly less busy. And writing. I really like writing. Making my own characters just brings me to life.

• 367 posts
    April 25, 2015 11:45 AM EDT

I play tabletop games. I'm currently collecting game expansions for Talisman 4th revised edition. Mainly when things are quiet at home I write more to my story. Quite often I take my wife to Exbury gardens and steam railway if not then we visits the animal park. (Wolves, oh yea!!!)

Computerwise, I play Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind but those three is due to my story anyway. The other game I play is Xcom Enemy within. (Basicly a bunch of aliens wants to take over the world and it's up to you to convince them that its a bad idea )

• 367 posts
    April 25, 2015 11:50 AM EDT

The other thing I do is forget I've put my dinner in the oven then spend an hour reading comments on the blog. Now I've got cindered chicken for dinner. ( Thats what happens when my wife goes visiting her friends, damn it).

Ok it's not fun fo rme but it might raise a few laughs with you guys.

• 131 posts
    April 25, 2015 11:59 AM EDT

I started having to use a timer cause I constantly forget crap like this...I know that pain, I've felt it myself. Nothing feels worse than when you burn your dinner and it was all that sounded decent.

*cries from repressed memories from at least an hour ago*

• 367 posts
    April 25, 2015 12:05 PM EDT

So it's not just me then. I gave a bit to the dog. She just sniffed it then looked up at me with those 'What the hell is this crap' eyes then trotted off leaving it behind.

• 1467 posts
    April 25, 2015 12:13 PM EDT
    Poor Chicken...why would you do that to such a wonderful tasting food. Though to be fair I've done that with stuff before, mostly toast.
    • 367 posts
    April 25, 2015 12:20 PM EDT

It wasn't my fault honest, i wasupstairs reading the blog. I need to train the dog better, she should have told me.

• 131 posts
    April 25, 2015 2:05 PM EDT

Well, i play the piano. Learn most of it from synthesia videos on youtube. I enjoy reading fantasy based of games and terry pratchett's books. Like my reading i play mostly fantasy games, a few mmo's (wow, eso used to do swtor) and on the front of single-player games i play Dark souls 2 a lot, i used to do some skyrim but my disk broke.(i have it on my computer but it was more fun on xbox)

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    April 25, 2015 6:39 PM EDT

Nice try, but I'm not falling for admitting I play with myself again. Once in High School, but never again. Kid prefers to spend his time keeping to himself reading and playing video games, but you guys are just filthy.

• 131 posts
    April 25, 2015 6:42 PM EDT

I feel like I've answered this so many times but I keep finding a new way to answer it, which is cool. For fun I'm usually working on some type of graphical artwork. Sometimes it's page banners, other times it's just a cool little project I want to work on for myself. After working with these types of things for almost 8 years now it is still one of the funnest things I have to do. Of course it'd be fun to see what I could make for others from time to time I still enjoy doing random art for no reason.

Otherwise I like to listen to music while I read stories from multiple series, ranging from TES to Pokemon to practically anything. If it interests me I'll dedicate time to it. In terms of games I enjoy a wide range of games of almost any genre. At the moment I'm going to be buying Outlast for the Xbone to try and once more break my fear of horror games.

If there's anything else it's probably my current addiction to Pokemon Roulettes. If anyone would be interested in going a few rounds just feel free to get in touch. All you need is a computer that doesn't run off of bloodmoons.

• 1483 posts
    April 25, 2015 6:45 PM EDT

Gaming, watching YouTube and visiting this site and BSN  Also recording gameplay and uploading videos to my channel 

• 131 posts
    April 25, 2015 6:54 PM EDT
    Oh and i watch a lot of youtube videos, especially markiplier and i also read his brother's net comic called Twokinds.
    • 131 posts
    April 25, 2015 6:56 PM EDT
    And i enjoy some home-training, usually martial arts.
    • 12 posts
    April 25, 2015 7:06 PM EDT

Cooking, reading, writing, making music (saxophone and piano), listening to music (80's rock, 70's pop, soul, swing, jazz, 40's big band, almost everything) and gaming.

• 58 posts
    April 26, 2015 7:10 AM EDT

Hang out with the crew outside and you know smoke cigars well only me :P they smoke whatever they like and we have fun talkin together and sometimes we fight strangers that want some trouble.

• 33 posts
    April 26, 2015 4:43 PM EDT

I enjoy many an activity I do. Sometimes I like to practice my guitar, other times I enjoy watching american movies or french movies/anime( I am american but fluent in japanese and french). But perhaps my favorite activity is BATHING IN THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT. You know just normal hobbies.

• 3 posts
    April 26, 2015 10:18 PM EDT

I've noticed that a lot of people here like to do things that let them step into another being's shoes for a while.. Reading, writing, acting. I think that's what a lot of us really have in common, is a great imagination and a love for the unreal :)