Forums » Elder Scrolls

Thieves Stealing From You?

• 65 posts
    April 22, 2015 10:57 PM EDT

Please tell me I'm not the only one that's noticed this, but sometimes when I come back from adventures I'll realize that some items are missing from my house. I looked up something something like that on the internet and it said that sometimes thieves will break into your house and steal items while your away. The first time I noticed items were stolen though was when I came back from some adventure walked into my house at the time Breezehome (House in Whiterun) and noticed that some books on my bookshelves were missing. In case your wondering every time I see a book in Skyrim while on my adventures I collect them and put them on my bookshelves, unless they're spell tomes then I either read them or if I already know it I sell it. Anyway tell me in the comments if this has ever happened to you too.

• 6 posts
    April 23, 2015 2:44 AM EDT
    this hasn't happened to me before, I wonder if it's because of my house Carl, my wife and/or because I'm guild master. This has made me completely paranoid now XD
    • 68 posts
    April 25, 2015 6:37 PM EDT
    I've only ever lost 2 items. 1 was before I knew about the manequin glitch and I lost the Ebony Mail armor due to it. The only thing I've had stollen was the Ebony Blade, because of that I always make sure my house is full before leaving anything of value. I make sure I have housecarl, spouse, and at least 1 child if I use prefab house. If I use custom house I have housecarl, steward, cariage, bard, spouse, and 2 children (children always find pets if in custom house). Other than those I store stuff where thieves won't steal ie any guild or group you become leader of. Hope that helps some.