Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favourite Deity?

• 19 posts
    April 12, 2015 6:08 PM EDT

So I can't really decide who my favourite god is in TES... I think its probably somewhere between Akatosh, Talos, Stendarr, Mara, Kyne, and Arkay. SO you see my problem. I was just wondering what everyone elses' favourites were. 

• April 12, 2015 6:13 PM EDT

I like all the different variations of Kynareth (Khenarthi, Kyne, Tava), plus the Wind God is almost always my favourite in fantasy settings.

• 1483 posts
    April 12, 2015 6:21 PM EDT

Julianos. God of wisdom and logic. Plus I have a Ph.D. in Differential Equations in real life 

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    April 12, 2015 6:26 PM EDT

ES: Lorkhan

RL: Odin

WC: Norgannon

LotR: Morgoth

ASoIaF: Old Gods

• 9 posts
    April 12, 2015 6:36 PM EDT

If you're counting daedric princes, I fail to see how anyone can not pick Sheogorath.

• 41 posts
    April 12, 2015 6:37 PM EDT
    Malacath. He's just the most... relatable diety, I guess.

Unlike the Nine, he actually actively does things. Unlike most of the Daedric Princes, however, he isn't so much of a bland personification of his sphere. He has multiple sides to him, and his personality is hardly different from a mortal's.

Instead of being vague or flat like some others, he has round characterization throughout the lore. It just makes him so much more interesting and relatable. Second favorite goes to Sheo. Shivering Isles was fantastic.
    • 253 posts
    April 12, 2015 6:39 PM EDT

Tom's acronym game is too strong. 

• April 12, 2015 6:45 PM EDT

I have a few as well. Not counting the Daedric Princes, just because I'm trying to limit it.

Ruptga~ Chief deity of the Redguard pantheon. I love that he's not just another Akatosh-like deity, that he's a totally unique entity. Plus the idea of an old man wandering the stars is just a sweet image.

HoonDing~ Definitely a unique 'deity.' Although you could argue that he's not a typical god. We don't know much about him other than he is occasionally...'mantled', for lack of a better term. Basically a mortal will 'become' the HoonDing, it's not permanent though.

Akatosh~ Only non-Redguard deity on my list. I like the idea that Akatosh is just a raging schizophrenic with multiple personalities. Also his name is secretly awesome- 'Also known as the old Smaug himself.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    April 12, 2015 6:56 PM EDT

Elder Scrolls, Real Life, Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire

• 253 posts
    April 12, 2015 6:58 PM EDT

I understood them all in the first place :P . I was just pointing out that there was a lot of them.

• 161 posts
    April 12, 2015 7:19 PM EDT

Sithis: (Idc what anyone says Hes a Deity)

Mehrunes Dagon

Satakal

Arkay

• 5 posts
    April 12, 2015 8:54 PM EDT

Dibella.. You might say I'm an expert in Dibellan Arts.. hehehe

• 95 posts
    April 12, 2015 9:05 PM EDT

Molag Bal... I just have so much fun tormenting people and slowly stealing their souls and sometimes even turning others into Vampires or undead slaves. Malkoran is so far my favorite thrall who's soul I have taken. I always manipulated Malkoran despite giving him the Dawnbreaker (Oh the horror XD). Manipulating Malkoran's Shade is an even greater challenge, but I still managed to get him to massacre all of Solitude on his own so XD

Molag Bal is my favorite just because of all the soul-collecting I do and the torment I cause XD

I do indeed also like Sithis and Mehrunes Dagon.

• 201 posts
    April 12, 2015 9:17 PM EDT
    I guess it would be Sheogorath... CHEESE FOR EVERYONE! And you gotta love his outfit.
    • 1595 posts
    April 12, 2015 10:36 PM EDT

Da fuq is a differential equation? Have you also got tenure at FU, professor?

I guess Kyne is my favourite deity.

• April 12, 2015 10:37 PM EDT

In-game, it'd be Zenithar. In real life, however, Seogorath takes the sweet roll.

• 33 posts
    April 13, 2015 12:08 AM EDT
    Mine has got to be Auriel, snow elves are my favorite race to begin with and I just imagine auriel as a majestic angel raining down fiery justice upon his foes. Plus his blessing boost archery my favorite skill in the game and his two artifacts are badass, I mean I always use archery and the bow Is imo best in game, and the shield is just hilarious to use so YA Auriel.
  • April 13, 2015 2:13 AM EDT

I had a great joke for this, but then I thought better of it. *Sigh*

Probably Dibella. I've got a thing for sexy lady goddesses, and most of my Skyrim characters are women, so it makes sense they'd have a connection with her. I also rather like Nocturnal, but just for the very business-like way she approaches things; her followers are more like employees or contractors than they are worshipers, and I think that's an interesting way to have a deity behave.

• 51 posts
    April 13, 2015 3:35 AM EDT

My favorite Deity might be Mehrunes Dagon for.....well....He tried to take all of Tamriel which is nice :-) and because I always use the razor which has a feel of evil into it.

And also Molag bal for he has a goddamn mace!! which looks aesthetically good for evil tanky characters :-)

• 1483 posts
    April 13, 2015 7:26 AM EDT

This  I expected a crab from you 

• 19 posts
    April 13, 2015 9:21 AM EDT

I have to say I agree about the ASoIaF =P

• 19 posts
    April 13, 2015 9:26 AM EDT

I never really thought about daedra much for my personal favourites, but I gotta say... Azura, and Sheogorath. I also like Nocturnal, and I guess the All-Maker is pretty cool too, being uniquely monotheistic =P

• 116 posts
    April 13, 2015 9:49 AM EDT
    My favorite ES deities:

Yffre- the god that became part of the earth bones worshipped by wood elves and my Breton Druid character. Not too much lore on him but there are few "earth themed" gods to influence my Druid roleplay.

Dibella- for both my male and female characters. How can you not like the ES version of Venus/Aphrodite.

Hircine- the Daedric prince of the wilds and the hunt. Also very neutral for a Daedric prince. Again for my love of Druids...

Kyne- the god of wind and speed. Badass nuff said.
    • 92 posts
    April 13, 2015 12:39 PM EDT

I dabbled with differential equations in advanced economics. <shudders> You're a better man than I! 

How do you plan on using your degree? Engineering?

• 1595 posts
    April 13, 2015 2:06 PM EDT

I had a look at that link. Did I understand it?  

I do like old Hermy, he's probably next on my list. Kyne is quite special though, there being many ways she is interpreted around Tamriel. This pleases me